Author Topic: Singtel and Tidal - anyone else having problems?  (Read 1842 times)

Offline AndrewC

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Singtel and Tidal - anyone else having problems?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2019, 16:05 »
Damn!  ::)… Looks like I spoke too soon…

Tidal playback on my main system has also become glitchy (via Roon/Tidal or dCS/Tidal). However, playback via Tidal’s native App on my MacBook is totally glitch free, over the exact same Singtel broadband line! So, it’s not quite a straightforward Singtel, Router/bandwidth, or Tidal Server location issue… looks to be more complicated than that.

Anyone out there streaming Tidal via a (non-Tidal) client experiencing no glitches?
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline jerome_the_lang

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2019, 16:09 »
I brought my tidal device to the shop and it works perfectly.
But still having problem with stoppages at home.
The sh1tel tech person claim that it is my device faulty.
As usual what do you expect from sh1tel?

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2019, 16:12 »
I brought my tidal device to the shop and it works perfectly.
But still having problem with stoppages at home.

What is your "Tidal device"?

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2019, 16:21 »
ps: My Roon/Qobuz streams are flawless :)

Offline toots

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019, 22:59 »
Yes, intermittent stoppage, both in Bluesound and the native iOS app.

Offline gs11tan

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 15:32 »
just realized that i am not the only one who is facing the problem. i am in Woodland area, have been using Tidal streaming hifi service for almost 3 years, used to be ok. only start to see drop out issue recently, tried to contact Singtel for technical  assistance, screw up service, hope less la ! any good suggestion ?

Offline micktal

• Snr Member
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 17:52 »
I subscribed to tidal through SingTel music. No problems at all, and free data when I use tidal without wifi access.

Offline MusicEar

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 10:45 »
It happened mostly between 8pm to 11pm, in some case, Tidal app complains server is busy. I presumed this time will be peak traffic. By the way, I'm using Starhub fibre broadband 1MBps, connected via gigabyte LAN to my desktop computer, so it is pretty fast.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 10:48 by MusicEar »
Holo Spring NOS R2R level 2 DAC | Holo Audio Titanis USB Regen | Auralic Aries G1 | Seagate PersonalCloud 4TB NAS | I.AMP.D linear power supply for NAS | VTL 2.5i pre & VTL MB-125 monoblock tube power amps | Dynaudio Contour 1.8mk2 floorstanding speakers | Taralabs Reference Gen mk2 audio interconnects | Alpha Goertz MI-3 speakers cables & Chord Silverplus USB cable | W-Audio power distributor terminated with WattGate plugs | Lightning DS and Roon Core

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 17:10 »
Happened to be In NY this week, even here on my iPhone/iOS, Tidal is still occasionally glitchy over WiFi (so not tromboned AT&T-Singtel 4G traffic). No such issue with iOS Qobuz :), and strangely, there’s no issue with Tidal on MacOS.

A closer traffic examination (via Wireshark) shows streams are still flowing from Akamai, but I do notice occasional connections to AWS Cloudfront as well (haven’t bothered to figure out what it’s doing exactly).  Definitely looks like a Tidal Client-Server issue that they need to resolve.

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2019, 18:56 »
My Tidal playback glitch has disappeared. They definitely updated something, including the iOS client 2 days ago.

Found some clues as to whats going on; the way the Tidal Client and Server interacts seems to have changed. Noticed today that if you’ve “downloaded” a particular album (fully or partially), even if you select that same album to play from the online list, it will always playback from your downloaded copy. Saves on Mobile data consumption obviously, but if you’ve downloaded a lower resolution version, that’ll always play even if you select the Master/MQA version online.