Author Topic: Basement for Home Theater  (Read 6768 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: Basement for Home Theater
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2019, 10:42 »
Lol, same here . I like to start off with "A quiet place" too during demo .

LoL...guess we share the same sentiments here. :)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2019, 10:43 »
Wow...your Air-cond still going strong after 15 yrs?! You must really know how to maintain it. Mine, I've changed no less than 3 times over a decade alone.

Wah so fast ? I’m using a Hitachi air conditioner, still going strong for 15 years and counting. It still doesn’t wanna break down. So no reason to change

Offline synthesis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2019, 10:46 »
Hillviewer would have an idea how a 15 year old air cond contributed to the overall experience, the noise.

My Mitsubishi Starmex aircon is 15yr old and still cool and quiet. 

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2019, 10:48 »

Yea man, Mitsubishi is the best, very quiet and silent. I’d go for that when mine breaks down.....

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2019, 10:50 »

Yes agreed...Mitsubishi Starmex is very good! My sister using it for coming to 7 yrs now (to me, this is considered very good)!. Changed from 2 Samsung to 2 Panasonic air cond units...Samsung is quieter than Panasonic imo but Panasonic is much more powerful and able to cool my room faster and then maintain that temp.

Offline Jason Yeo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm nothing...
    • nothing is perfect!
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2019, 10:51 »
Wah so fast ? I’m using a Hitachi air conditioner, still going strong for 15 years and counting. It still doesn’t wanna break down. So no reason to change

Imho,if changing aircon can minimise the noise level contributing to HT , I think it is a good investment especially when you have done a lot to lower the floor noise in your setup.

I changed mine due to this "excuse" , lol.
Denon,Marantz,Stewart,Ayre,Furutech,PS audio Wireworld,Bettercables,RGPC,Quantum,Pioneer,SvS,Shunyata,Hifi-tuning,Auralex,Mcintosh,JBL,Equitech,silent source,exactpower,Revelation Audio Labs,elementcable,ASC,lessloss,PuristAudioDesign,Kubala Sosna,Oyaide,Nordost,EuroAudioTeam,Kimble select,SeatonSubmersive

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2019, 10:56 »
Imho,if changing aircon can minimise the noise level contributing to HT , I think it is a good investment especially when you have done a lot to lower the floor noise in your setup.

I changed mine due to this "excuse" , lol.

Hahaha, perfect excuse !! Almost about time now, anyway it’s already 15 years in use . At one stage I wanted to change, there were some new versions that came with haze smaller particle filters, wanted to go with that, then the haze ceased... lol

Offline Jason Yeo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm nothing...
    • nothing is perfect!
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2019, 11:18 »
It is better to change aircon as early as possible coz along the way , we might change/add treatment to reduce floor noise . Changing new air con after donkey years likely need to change air con pipes too and drill holes. If there is treatment covering the old pipes , then small become big project just to change aircon.
Denon,Marantz,Stewart,Ayre,Furutech,PS audio Wireworld,Bettercables,RGPC,Quantum,Pioneer,SvS,Shunyata,Hifi-tuning,Auralex,Mcintosh,JBL,Equitech,silent source,exactpower,Revelation Audio Labs,elementcable,ASC,lessloss,PuristAudioDesign,Kubala Sosna,Oyaide,Nordost,EuroAudioTeam,Kimble select,SeatonSubmersive

BadEnglish

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2019, 12:38 »
1. Width to be 6.5m instead of 5m. Length shortens from 9m to 8.5m. Ceiling height raw 3.7m, 3.2m with ceiling grid.

Since you are in total control on dimension of the room,  I suggest you study golden room measurement.  I am not qualify to explain here but your room perhaps , if you followed golden room,  need no treatment.

Addendum

In case if you are lazy

https://www.psaudio.com/pauls-posts/critical-room-dimensions/
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 12:40 by BadEnglish »

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2019, 11:30 »
Yea and I forgot to mention that previously before the room treatment, the noise floor levels in the hall averaged about 44db, vs now where it averages about 25-30db, so that’s a lot better now after the room acoustics

Huge benefits with a lower noise floor now ...

Offline sdds

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2019, 11:54 »
Yes , room acoustic and a quiet room really helps , do it right for the first time and then whenever equipment prefer will shine or perform to its best .

BadEnglish

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2019, 12:17 »
Yes , room acoustic and a quiet room really helps , do it right for the first time and then whenever equipment prefer will shine or perform to its best .

My room is L shaped with 10 corners with no treatment, no carpet , bare floor with tiles.   Once you clap you can hear the echo. Right side wall is false wall. My flat is next to PIE. Yet can't afford 5k power conditioner let alone 15k processor.

So my system must be  reproducing rubbish according to your theorem.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 12:36 by BadEnglish »

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2019, 12:39 »
My room is L shaped with 10 corners with no treatment, no carpet , bare floor with tiles.   Once you clap you can hear the echo. Right side wall is false wall. My flat is next to PIE. U can't afford 5k power conditioner let alone 15k processor.

So my system must be damn bad according to your theorem.

Bro, don’t take it negatively. No one meant that. It’s a choice, just like how u don’t like audyssey, some prefer to use it. Nothing wrong really. In this case, TS wanted to experience how a set up sounds with acoustics and without , before building his room. At the end of the day, choice is still his, we can’t enforced our theories onto it.

Acoustics are genuine, proven with measurable data and actual listening. Not just hearsay or some unfounded claims.

End of the day, most important is to be happy with what u hear. If you like your set up with no treatment on, nothing wrong really. Many don’t use acoustics. But definitely no one is saying or meant that a room without acoustics or treatment will sound BAD

BadEnglish

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2019, 12:45 »
Bro, don’t take it negatively. No one meant that. It’s a choice, just like how u don’t like audyssey, some prefer to use it. Nothing wrong really. In this case, TS wanted to experience how a set up sounds with acoustics and without , before building his room. At the end of the day, choice is still his, we can’t enforced our theories onto it.

Acoustics are genuine, proven with measurable data and actual listening. Not just hearsay or some unfounded claims.

End of the day, most important is to be happy with what u hear. If you like your set up with no treatment on, nothing wrong really. Many don’t use acoustics. But definitely no one is saying or meant that a room without acoustics or treatment will sound BAD

You have been to my place so how ?

Bad huh ;D

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2019, 12:51 »

You have been to my place so how ?

Bad huh ;D

Bro, your place is excellent! Very good. 

But we are trying to help the TS here, come to a decision if there is need to have a quiet room with Low noise floor levels, and how we can help him achieve that, together with other benefits that come with it. Of course if cost is not an issue then it will benefit him greatly when the room noise floor is Low