Author Topic: Need advice on how to hook up  (Read 330 times)

Offline Bieffe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
Need advice on how to hook up
« on: September 09, 2019, 12:02 »
I'm abit confused on how should i setup my AV at home.

I've a AVR with 5 HDMI, a sound bar with 2 HDMI and a TV with 4 HDMI.  They all have 1 optical too.

Then the devices I have are:
- PS4
- blueray player
- media box
- cable tv box

The audio standard is DTS.  No Atmos for now.

So how should I do the connections? Only I will play with the AVR stuff.  So other family members is just gonna watch TV.  So the main usage should be ON tv and watch cable TV and use the sound bar to boost tv sound.

Do I just connect the HDMI ARC to AVR and all else to the AVR? Cos I noticed sometimes the pass thru won't really work.

Would appreciate the advice as I'm tidying up the whole setup.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
Re: Need advice on how to hook up
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 15:38 »
i see that there are 2 options hidden in the gears U hv there for sound orgasm.
one with soundbar,another with AVR.
SOUNDBAR offers U quick sex. all U need is just do a connection between TV and soundbar with HDMI between both ARC channels,U get quick fixes for sound from compressed audio from TV broadcasts,or ur gaming gears or streaming medias...
AVRs offer better quality Sexy Sounds where better dacs,amplifications,and speakers gives U better effects and impacts of clear moans and rock!

like what Josephine Teo said before,U need no big or grand space for sex. to reference to this,soundbar needs no big setup.(standing position also can settle ur sound urge)
U may not need a big comfortable Queen sized bed to get orgasm from ur AVR setup. but U definitely need a comfortable couch with proper AVR setup to get ur sound orgasm.

Offline Bieffe

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 17:25 »
Ah...I get the point.  So if that's the case connecting the TV ARC to sound bar.  Then Starhub cable box to sound bar.

Then for AVR ARC I just connect to HDMI 2?

Or should I have ARC to AVR then the sound bar to HDMI 2 and starhub cable box connects to the sound bar?

This means I cannot control sound bar from my tv remote right?

Offline Bieffe

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 17:26 »
Once I go the optical route means no control of device via the TV remote right?

Online rayleh

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 19:26 »
If your soundbar comes with HDMI CEC then you still use the remote for the TV to control other devices. My advice is to make it as simple as possible for your family to watch cable TV. The least device that they need to turn on to watch TV, the better it is.

Offline petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 20:00 »
You can only have one ARC connection.
You can use the most complicated setup with ease, so all you have to do is to cater to your family.
Soundbar - ARC - TV - this gives you soundbar sound for all your TV related sources.
Your cable box HDMI goes to the TV direct
Unfortunately for the other devices they need to know how to use it, so you will need to be around or they learn to turn them on.
So apart from the cable box, which they use and know how to turn on and select the input, everything else to the AVR
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
http://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019/04/my-setup-42019.html

Offline Bieffe

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 01:29 »
You can only have one ARC connection.
You can use the most complicated setup with ease, so all you have to do is to cater to your family.
Soundbar - ARC - TV - this gives you soundbar sound for all your TV related sources.
Your cable box HDMI goes to the TV direct
Unfortunately for the other devices they need to know how to use it, so you will need to be around or they learn to turn them on.
So apart from the cable box, which they use and know how to turn on and select the input, everything else to the AVR
Ok got it.
So after everything else to AVR...the AVR out will go to another HDMI on the TV?
So ARC goes with my soundbar HDMI 1 of TV
Then Cable box HDMI 2 of TV
Then AVR to HDMI 3 of TV.
The HDMI in on sound bar will be left empty.
Am I right so far....family able to use cable with sound bar is most impt.
The rest I can ownself switch ownself.