Author Topic: How do you approach your cable management?  (Read 653 times)

Offline fei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
How do you approach your cable management?
« on: February 11, 2019, 01:57 »
Hi Guys,

Am in the process of replanning my living room home theatre  to include ceiling atmos speakers.  One of my dread is redoing my cable management, as despite my best attempt, things still gets abit messy after a while (swapping cables, varying lengths, etc)

Was wondering how do you normally approach cable management to get it reasonably neat and maintained (dealing with gathering dust, etc) - any good sharing?

Thanks in advance

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: How do you approach your cable management?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 08:27 »
Lol I’m going through this now ! Lol , keep grabbing the cloth and vacuum to wipe off all the dust

Offline lampsy86

• Snr Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 15:19 »
Hi Guys,

Am in the process of replanning my living room home theatre  to include ceiling atmos speakers.  One of my dread is redoing my cable management, as despite my best attempt, things still gets abit messy after a while (swapping cables, varying lengths, etc)

Was wondering how do you normally approach cable management to get it reasonably neat and maintained (dealing with gathering dust, etc) - any good sharing?

Thanks in advance
I'm going to go through this soon. Planning my cable routing now for my HT system at new place. I want the cables to be concealed, out-of-sight & yet I want the flexibility to swap & change down the road without having to break/saw/drill open any wall/drywall/cabinet. It also has to pass WAF. Haaaiz, headache I tell you this cable management part

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline rayleh

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 15:50 »
Better plan for more access panels. I hide most cables behind the console, look fantastic from the front but a big mess behind the console. Wipe and vacuum monthly if I can.

Offline kimurastanley

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 16:40 »
Better plan for more access panels. I hide most cables behind the console, look fantastic from the front but a big mess behind the console. Wipe and vacuum monthly if I can.

Mind to share how is the design?
I am also in the midst of planning of renovation

Offline rayleh

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 18:00 »
Mind to share how is the design?
I am also in the midst of planning of renovation

Sorry bro, I did not do any access panels last time except for small (fist size) holes behind the console and TV. Imagine I have to fish how many cables through these holes when I change my TV. If I plan to do renovation again, I will do access panels behind the console or TV. Those that can secure with magnetic clips will do, hope you understand what I meant. Below is the photo of my setup. Cables are in a mess, hidden behind the console.

onlin dice

Offline fei

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 00:41 »
Haha... Looks like common bug bear,  just have to keep constant cleaning and dusting.

Previously I had try to arrange cables by lanes behind my console, as my av rack on the right of my TV console, using cheap Daiso hanging rack, with power cable on the lower lane and signal cables (speaker, HDMI) on lane 2 and 3 above, etc Unfortunately, results not as great due to various cable lengths.. Oh well :'(

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 08:30 »

Lol, same same, all tucked away behind the console ! Haha