Author Topic: Do you own any VR console?  (Read 272 times)

Offline Ceci

• Trade Count: (0)
Do you own any VR console?
« on: February 01, 2019, 21:22 »
I am still comfortable with the usual video games, but VR and AR are arguably the next steps in gaming evolution. The consoles have been around for a while, but I'm still hesitant to jump in for various reasons. Is it too late to start now? Which platform would you suggest?

Offline chainsdb

• I'm a llama!
Re: Do you own any VR console?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 22:59 »
not sure about PCs, but for PS4 it's a short-lived novelty. nice to try, but that's about it
Egglestonworks Andra, Passlabs 350.5, Arc ref5se,Mastersound Reference 845,  Wireworld Eclipse 5.2 SC, Arcam CD23T, JVC DLA-X550R, Klipsch KL-650 THX, Onkyo SC-5509, Classe CA-5200

Online alamakazam

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 23:45 »
still not there yet... u probably will buy and the VR part will become a white elephant

u think like johnny english meh

Offline Jason Yeo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm nothing...
    • nothing is perfect!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 01:06 »
I have htc,oculus and ps4 VR . Enjoy the VR games although low resolution . It is really immersive and you will soon forget the low resolution .

However , you may want to consider if you can get used to VR . Some can while some cannot .

It is never too late for VR , IMO.

Denon,Marantz,Stewart,Ayre,Furutech,PS audio Wireworld,Bettercables,RGPC,Quantum,Pioneer,SvS,Shunyata,Hifi-tuning,Auralex,Mcintosh,JBL,Equitech,silent source,exactpower,Revelation Audio Labs,elementcable,ASC,lessloss,PuristAudioDesign,Kubala Sosna,Oyaide,Nordost,EuroAudioTeam,Kimble select,SeatonSubmersive

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 06:22 »
VR has an immersion that’s hard to beat. Especially for racing games - you can look into the apex for corners that’s like real life.

There is a new VR headset with 5K (2x2.5k screens) and 8K (2x4K) which improves resolution but you really need the newest 2000 series Nvidia flagship to drive them.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 10:01 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-iH898JQ1k

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-iH898JQ1k<br />&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/z-iH898JQ1k<br />&fs=1</a>

This is the newest VR headset with 200 degree view and high res

https://pimaxvr.com/products/pimax-5k-series?variant=19912548155451
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline Jason Yeo

• I'm nothing...
    • nothing is perfect!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 11:03 »
Yup, I playing racing games with VR too and the feel is really different from pc monitor . Now I am just waiting for StarVR to hit the market with reasonable price.
Denon,Marantz,Stewart,Ayre,Furutech,PS audio Wireworld,Bettercables,RGPC,Quantum,Pioneer,SvS,Shunyata,Hifi-tuning,Auralex,Mcintosh,JBL,Equitech,silent source,exactpower,Revelation Audio Labs,elementcable,ASC,lessloss,PuristAudioDesign,Kubala Sosna,Oyaide,Nordost,EuroAudioTeam,Kimble select,SeatonSubmersive

Offline Ceci

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 11:54 »
VR has an immersion that’s hard to beat. Especially for racing games - you can look into the apex for corners that’s like real life.

There is a new VR headset with 5K (2x2.5k screens) and 8K (2x4K) which improves resolution but you really need the newest 2000 series Nvidia flagship to drive them.
Many genres will benefit from the extended reality settings. I'm sure playing some arcade games with stealth strategy or solo horror stories will be a whole new experience with VR.

What do you guys think of the Oculus Go? Is it strong enough for being a stand-alone, simple VR device?

Offline Jason Yeo

• I'm nothing...
    • nothing is perfect!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 22:21 »
I did not have Oculus go to compare but I believe should be a good start to try VR .