Author Topic: DLP 4K projector (Benq 5700 Great Sharing ) More Picture from tweaking  (Read 47579 times)

Offline chaozhoi

• Trade Count: (0)
Did further tweak and adjustment. Things seem to have improved. Below are what I changed:
- HDR brightness drop from 0 to -1
- Color from 35 to 0 and increased Color Enhancer to 8. (Obvious reduction of the glow when reducing the color settings, glow disappears and details start to appear)

Guess certain scenes are just more challenging than the rest.

Guess it's time to invest in some proper calibration tools and luckily nothing faulty this time.

Thanks a lot for the bros who helped and advised :D

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline tsammyc

• I think, therefore I am
Does look better, but the Toy Story 4 still seems a little blue compared to mine. I watched parts of it in Dolby Vision using Disney+ yesterday. Mine looked very much like Desray's. It's possible that there is something wrong with your color wheel. If you can get hold of the Spears and Munsil test disc, you can throw test patterns to check the color.

Offline chaozhoi

Does look better, but the Toy Story 4 still seems a little blue compared to mine. I watched parts of it in Dolby Vision using Disney+ yesterday. Mine looked very much like Desray's. It's possible that there is something wrong with your color wheel. If you can get hold of the Spears and Munsil test disc, you can throw test patterns to check the color.
At least I got more details back. The LG demo HDR video looks normal to me though.

Sadly I dun have a UHD Blu-ray player, only Zidoo but I cannot find a soft copy of the calibration disc. I have the non-4k Spears and Munsil .iso though.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
There u go... told u nothing wrong with the PJ, the defaults are like that. It is the same when I had mine turned on previously

U have to set colours to 0 on HDR mode, then use colour enhancer and set this to 8-12 depending on how you calibrate CMS.( Colours should stay on at 50 & 0 colour enhancer in SDR mode )

It’s worth considering a meter, with chromapure and vertex2. Maybe share with other folks. I have shared with 3 members, so we rotate using the meter. Once I’m done  with calibration I pass it on

If u need help with chromapure when calibrating the BenQ 5700, I’ll be here to help. Don’t worry 😉.

Calibration is significant for pj, for the big screen. I didn’t get that much an improvement with the OLED tv. It’s defaults were pretty good. But with PJ, the post calibration results were significant. Well worth it. Even on SDR, it was way better than the factory calibrated defaults. But you have to spend time to calibrate it and start off with SDR, there is a solution to Calibrating it with HDR using the vertex2 and it works nicely. as with everything, no pain no gain ....

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Did further tweak and adjustment. Things seem to have improved. Below are what I changed:
- HDR brightness drop from 0 to -1
- Color from 35 to 0 and increased Color Enhancer to 8. (Obvious reduction of the glow when reducing the color settings, glow disappears and details start to appear)

Guess certain scenes are just more challenging than the rest.

Guess it's time to invest in some proper calibration tools and luckily nothing faulty this time.

Thanks a lot for the bros who helped and advised :D

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Good job! If really have the time and energy, pls learn calibration :)

Offline ronildoq

Managed to find time to zoom in to the time stamp

I think it’s this scene, this one below using dolby vision tone mapping from Oppo

Pardon the camera skills, I just click click click only... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline ronildoq

The HDR on the BenQ looks fabulous now!

Hoot 6000 nits, 4:4:4 12bit REC2020

Avengers endgame looks really good now !! Fantastic, so much more natural

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline chaozhoi

Good job! If really have the time and energy, pls learn calibration :)

Okie. Managed to find a copy of Spears and Munsil UHD calibration disc. Shall try to use it for calibration hehe

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal