Author Topic: DLP 4K projector (Benq 5700 Great Sharing ) Up loaded Picture various sources  (Read 24232 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
A big thank you for all the warm support, compliments as well as feedback. Regards the recent discussion on firmware update, allow me to share some update

Yes the new firmware for W5700 is available now; and Alfie is collating the name list to do upgrade as we speak. Among other enhancements, the new firmware adds 2.4:1 and 16:9 anamorphic mode to Aspect ratio options, improve Pixel enhancer and color performance, allow Iris adjustment – Off/Low/Mid/High etc.

As this is the 1st firmware update, we will need to update both the MStar and TI firmware. While some of you are already aware BenQ Australia had released a video to illustrate how you can upgrade the firmware on your own, this upgrade only upgrades the MStar firmware via USB. TI firmware will require to do via RS232. For this, we advocate that our service colleagues perform the firmware upgrade, as there are several SOPs to observe, less you damage the main board if miss out certain steps or what not.

Just a heads up, after we complete the firmware upgrade, the new version will not be reflected on the OSD. Instead you can only access it via the factory mode settings. We will indicate the new firmware version on the service report once we do the upgrade for you.

The YouTube video on the noise from Iris might well be an isolated case, but nonetheless, please do not hesitate to revert if you experience such abnormality.

Last but not least, for W2700, there is no new firmware as of now.

Thank you, and may your movie screening with BenQ continues  ;)

Thumbs up for the excellent support from Alf and BenQ Singapore... :)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
A big thank you for all the warm support, compliments as well as feedback. Regards the recent discussion on firmware update, allow me to share some update

Yes the new firmware for W5700 is available now; and Alfie is collating the name list to do upgrade as we speak. Among other enhancements, the new firmware adds 2.4:1 and 16:9 anamorphic mode to Aspect ratio options, improve Pixel enhancer and color performance, allow Iris adjustment – Off/Low/Mid/High etc.

As this is the 1st firmware update, we will need to update both the MStar and TI firmware. While some of you are already aware BenQ Australia had released a video to illustrate how you can upgrade the firmware on your own, this upgrade only upgrades the MStar firmware via USB. TI firmware will require to do via RS232. For this, we advocate that our service colleagues perform the firmware upgrade, as there are several SOPs to observe, less you damage the main board if miss out certain steps or what not.

Just a heads up, after we complete the firmware upgrade, the new version will not be reflected on the OSD. Instead you can only access it via the factory mode settings. We will indicate the new firmware version on the service report once we do the upgrade for you.

The YouTube video on the noise from Iris might well be an isolated case, but nonetheless, please do not hesitate to revert if you experience such abnormality.

Awesome ! Thanks BenQ!

Online chaozhoi

• Trade Count: (0)
So taking our address means they will be coming to perform the update? Need to remove projector?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline tsammyc

• I think, therefore I am

Thanks Darren for the awesome support from BenQ. I guess the Ti firmware is what the US people mentioned about the projector having to go back to the service center for an iris update.

As for the 2700 firmware, I note that there are already two firmware update for it in the USA. It allows iris adjustment and corrects some issues with a green tint on WCG mode as well as the split screen. Can we do the update ourselves?

Offline HDTV_noobie

Thanks for the great support.  Have just updated Alf with my info.  Look forward to the update.

Cheers.

Offline Ccyao

Here is how it sound when dynamic iris is engaged on some sets, some grinding noise, if this is happening to your unit, then u need to send it back to BenQ

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5SujUfktAE&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-5SujUfktAE&fs=1</a>

Wow! First time watching this clip.
Sounds really bad.

Mine makes some noise when the scene changes but definitely not like that.

Trying to share here without uploading to YouTube but seems like I can only upload photos here. Not video clips...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gears: LG 75UJ657T, Denon X7200WA, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, SVS Prime Center/Bookshelf(Front)/Satellite(Surround), AG Micro x 4 for Atmos, dual Rythmik LVX12, Popcorn Hour A-500, xBox One S, Synology DS416.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Wow! First time watching this clip.
Sounds really bad.

Mine makes some noise when the scene changes but definitely not like that.

Trying to share here without uploading to YouTube but seems like I can only upload photos here. Not video clips...

This is the problem with using Dynamic IRIS (DI)...even flagship projectors like JVC can also encounter such issue albeit not so loud but definitely if close enough to your sitting position, you can still hear. As DI is a "mechanism" with moving parts, in due course, it will only get worse. Even for those w/o "this" issue now, it will happen to you one day through normal wear and tear. Fortunately, BenQ has a very substantial warranty coverage which should be able to cover this issue if it ever happen.

Remember no equipment (these days and age) can last forever...including those laser projector which claim to maintenance free. The greatest culprit to equipment prematurely failing us is our humid weather.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 10:48 by desray »

Offline Ccyao

I see. Thanks for sharing!

Gears: LG 75UJ657T, Denon X7200WA, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, SVS Prime Center/Bookshelf(Front)/Satellite(Surround), AG Micro x 4 for Atmos, dual Rythmik LVX12, Popcorn Hour A-500, xBox One S, Synology DS416.

Offline alf

• Let your experience define your choice "View It"
    • www.entheos.com.sg
Good morning , guys .

Firstly thanks for sending your request for up date . I already compile the name list and users contact number to Benq service Engineers . They will contact you guys to schedule the up date process soon.

Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
      Optical Tech / Metal Fabricator NTC/ ( ISF Trained Dealer)
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI White , Phantom Grey and Black Mambo II for different ambient application screen. JKP 709 calibration disc / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc

Offline Ccyao

Good morning , guys .

Firstly thanks for sending your request for up date . I already compile the name list and users contact number to Benq service Engineers . They will contact you guys to schedule the up date process soon.

Thank you very much Alfie!

Offline ronildoq

Good morning , guys .

Thanks Alf ! Great service, much appreciated

Offline HDTV_noobie

Good morning , guys .

Thanks Alf.  Appreciated.

Offline d@z

Hi all,

for W2700, yes there's a new firmware for upgrade, and you can perform it yourself. Pardon me earlier on.

1. Prepare USB thumbdrive, formatted in FAT32 format.
2. Download firmware from link (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HHojXOhJTQGKkaksmoCOT4tyX8q3cuYB) to USB thumbdrive, and unzip it as “update_signed.zip”
3. Turn on projector, and after start up, insert USB thumbdrive in USB3.0 port in projector.
4. Go to OSD > System Setup: Advanced > Firmware Upgrade > OK > Yes
5. In the process of upgrading, the bottom half of the OSD may be hidden, or you may see BenQ Logo in white. It is normal.
6. During firmware upgrade process, PLEASE KEEP PROJECTOR POWER TURNED ON.
7. After upgrade is done, it will show "Upgraded to 0.0.44; Upgrade Successful".
8. You can also watch the online tutorial on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9MNz3yK1iI&feature=youtu.be   

Offline d@z

Regards to W5700 firmware upgrade, my service team will contact those in the name list next week to schedule an appointment.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Thanks Darren for the update. :)