Author Topic: DLP 4K projector (Benq 5700 Great Sharing ) Up loaded Picture various sources  (Read 24462 times)

Offline alf

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Let your experience define your choice "View It"
    • www.entheos.com.sg

Blk 18 , Sin Ming Lane # 07 -10 Midview City s ( 573 960 )

Date is 23 / 02 / 2019 time starting @ 6 pm.

LANDMARK is towards the temple drive up the ramp park at 2 nd floor . That is the end part of block 18 .

See you guys soon good to catch up .

Those who wants the map please whats me. 9765 0915 Alf
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 21:41 by alf »
Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
      Optical Tech / Metal Fabricator NTC/ ( ISF Trained Dealer)
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI White , Phantom Grey and Black Mambo II for different ambient application screen. JKP 709 calibration disc / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc

Offline skate

• Trade Count: (0)
1) Jag
2) Wizardofoz
3) Khun
4) desray - must show support!
5) Andreasgursky
6) kaydee
7) tsammyc
8) HDTV_noobie
9) Francis wu
10) flowerpot
11) Ranjith
12)willshaw
13) Jagdpanzer
14) ginamos
15)zuko
16) Terry
17) Jeffong
18) Fei
19) skate

Offline Goldberg

• Enjoy your music for yourself & not others.

1) Jag
2) Wizardofoz
3) Khun
4) desray - must show support!
5) Andreasgursky
6) kaydee
7) tsammyc
8) HDTV_noobie
9) Francis wu
10) flowerpot
11) Ranjith
12)willshaw
13) Jagdpanzer
14) ginamos
15)zuko
16) Terry
17) Jeffong
18) Fei
19) skate
20) Goldberg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marantz SA-7S1 (Reference SACD Player)
Marantz NA-11S1 (DAC/Reference Network Player)
Marantz SC-7S2 (Reference Pre)
Karan Acoustics KAS400 (Stereo Dual Mono Power Amp)
Focal Scala Utopia (Speakers)
NBS & Siltech (Cables)
Jade Audio IsoGen2 (Isolation Footers)
PLixir BAC Elementa 2500 (Power Conditioner)
NBS Mine (Power Conditioner)

Offline alf

• www.entheos.com.sg
Thanks for all the reply and whats app , tonight gathering will be great to meet up and share on new and current method of Home Theatre Singapore has evolved .

Due to last night test and adjustment , it seems still bright on the large screen display area is .

I have moved the timing to 7 pm .

When at 7 level watch out for laser as a sign where the unit is .

Sorry for the inconvenience see you guys later .
Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI White , Phantom Grey and Black Mambo II for different ambient application screen. JKP 709 calibration disc / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Thanks for all the reply and whats app , tonight gathering will be great to meet up and share on new and current method of Home Theatre Singapore has evolved .

Due to last night test and adjustment , it seems still bright on the large screen display area is .

I have moved the timing to 7 pm .

When at 7 level watch out for laser as a sign where the unit is .

Sorry for the inconvenience see you guys later .

Alf, 7pm is too late for me...I've noticed that you moved the timing quite a few times from 5.30pm to 7pm and I am fine with that but 7pm is a bit too late for me as I need to rush to somewhere else. So I'll probably skip this demo session. Next time perhaps...I'm sure it will be a great sharing session among the rest of the XP members.

Have fun guys!  :)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 10:09 by desray »

Online kaydee6

Hi Alf,

Thanks again for setting up this session. 7pm is too late for me, I can't make it for the session at this time too.
I suggest timing in noon or late noon will be good for future sessions.

Offline alf

• www.entheos.com.sg
Hi Alf,

Thanks again for setting up this session. 7pm is too late for me, I can't make it for the session at this time too.
I suggest timing in noon or late noon will be good for future sessions.

Sorry guys you can come at 6 pm to view the new model at the 100" which is control room . The other larger unit will be at the other room which has a 135" image size .

If you want to come at early is also ok .

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Sorry guys you can come at 6 pm to view the new model at the 100" which is control room . The other larger unit will be at the other room which has a 135" image size .

If you want to come at early is also ok .

Ok, I will try to make it but it will be kind of rush for me... :)

Agreed with Kaydee6, during weekends, family time is quite precious for most members here...only during mid day - 12pm - 5pm will be a more ideal time slot for most.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Have a great sharing session with some of the XP members.

Thanks Alf for hosting the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 20:40 by desray »

Online kaydee6

Looking good!

Offline tsammyc

• I think, therefore I am
Thanks Alf for being a wonderful host and providing some delicious food. It was an interesting session... if one stayed to the end.

Alf had two Benq projectors to display. The first one was a HUGE 2-year old model. Fed the latest Avengers Infinity War 4K Blu Ray in a room with a shiny wood floor and a brightly-lit EXIT sign, and projected to a large 135 inch screen, the picture was very washed out and dull, and skin tones were off, which led Desray to start fiddling with the adjustments and Francis saying that it couldn't compare to his LCD TV ;D I was scratching my head because the picture was dim, lacked contrast and wasn't much better than my Sony HW40 which has a badly damaged light engine! Furthermore, the price was $7K+ the price of a pretty decent 4K projector these days. But little did we know that Alf had a trick up his sleeve  ;D ;D ;D

After seeing the first projector, Alf led the slightly disillusioned crowd to the next room, which was light controlled, where there was a tiny projector (about 1/5th the size of the previous one) projecting a 1080p war movie onto a 100 inch screen. Quality was pretty typical for a current generation single chip DLP projector. Skin tones were fine, but blacks were OK, but no where close to JVC or even Sony's SXRD series.

We watched the war movie for awhile, then Alf revealed his little secret for the night.  ;D ;D The tiny projector was actually BenQ's latest 4K DLP projector (to be released soon) and cost.... S$2,699. He hooked it up to the 4K Blu Ray player and BOOM, it transformed the 100 inch screen to a nice, contrasty, sharp 4K movie display. I was impressed. Cheap 4K has come a long way. For S$2,699 and a large white wall (best to get one of Alf's Cyrus screens though) you can get a sharp contrasty HDR picture, that would cost you about S$30,000+ if you bought a TV. The only way previously to get a decent 4K projector at this price was to ship one via Amazon to Singapore and have no warranty. At S$2,699, we finally have a good low priced local set that has full warranty and support. It's reasonably bright and should be able to handle about 120 inches or so in a reasonably light controlled room by my guesstimate. I'm sure BenQ will sell a truckload of these.

On another note, it was nice seeing Desray and Jag again after about 15 years. It was really hard recognizing them after all this time and I hope to catch up in the not too distant future.

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
Tks Alf for hosting the demo. Nice to meet up with old and new  Xtremeplace members!
The new BenQ DLP 4k / HDR / P3 / Full Glass lens under SDG $ 2.5k is pretty good! Overall nice color tone and natural looking.

Sexy8

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Thanks Alf for being a wonderful host and providing some delicious food. It was an interesting session... if one stayed to the end.

Alf had two Benq projectors to display. The first one was a HUGE 2-year old model. Fed the latest Avengers Infinity War 4K Blu Ray in a room with a shiny wood floor and a brightly-lit EXIT sign, and projected to a large 135 inch screen, the picture was very washed out and dull, and skin tones were off, which led Desray to start fiddling with the adjustments and Francis saying that it couldn't compare to his LCD TV ;D I was scratching my head because the picture was dim, lacked contrast and wasn't much better than my Sony HW40 which has a badly damaged light engine! Furthermore, the price was $7K+ the price of a pretty decent 4K projector these days. But little did we know that Alf had a trick up his sleeve  ;D ;D ;D

After seeing the first projector, Alf led the slightly disillusioned crowd to the next room, which was light controlled, where there was a tiny projector (about 1/5th the size of the previous one) projecting a 1080p war movie onto a 100 inch screen. Quality was pretty typical for a current generation single chip DLP projector. Skin tones were fine, but blacks were OK, but no where close to JVC or even Sony's SXRD series.

We watched the war movie for awhile, then Alf revealed his little secret for the night.  ;D ;D The tiny projector was actually BenQ's latest 4K DLP projector (to be released soon) and cost.... S$2,699. He hooked it up to the 4K Blu Ray player and BOOM, it transformed the 100 inch screen to a nice, contrasty, sharp 4K movie display. I was impressed. Cheap 4K has come a long way. For S$2,699 and a large white wall (best to get one of Alf's Cyrus screens though) you can get a sharp contrasty HDR picture, that would cost you about S$30,000+ if you bought a TV. The only way previously to get a decent 4K projector at this price was to ship one via Amazon to Singapore and have no warranty. At S$2,699, we finally have a good low priced local set that has full warranty and support. It's reasonably bright and should be able to handle about 120 inches or so in a reasonably light controlled room by my guesstimate. I'm sure BenQ will sell a truckload of these.

On another note, it was nice seeing Desray and Jag again after about 15 years. It was really hard recognizing them after all this time and I hope to catch up in the not too distant future.

Hi tsammyc, indeed it has been too long since we last met. Catch up again with you :)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Hopefully Darren from BenQ have a great time mingling with the XP members...hopefully he can help to bring back some of my feedback to the engineering team of BenQ for their flagship model.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Tks Alf for hosting the demo. Nice to meet up with old and new  Xtremeplace members!
The new BenQ DLP 4k / HDR / P3 / Full Glass lens under SDG $ 2.5k is pretty good! Overall nice color tone and natural looking.

Sexy8

Unfortunately I did not stay on for the 2nd demo...Is it confirm that the 2nd BenQ projector is indeed using full "glass lens"? If true, then the sub-$3K price is definitely a good buy. Well done BenQ!