Author Topic: DLP 4K projector (Benq 5700 Great Sharing ) More Picture from tweaking  (Read 29522 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Yup. I experience motor moving sound when I turn on dynamic iris. So I turned it off as it can be quite disturbing

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Do you have your pj ceiling mount ? I don’t hear any iris motor moving / grinding sound, some reported that the noise appeared after 40hrs of use.... so I haven’t clocked in 40hrs... will continue to monitor

I have the iris on for cinema mode and HDR10 , u can see the pic quality on black levels, not bad, I like what I saw...

Of course I’m contented and have no intention of comparing it to OLED black levels , but I can say that it can hit 70% of what the OLED can produce . I do however, compare for details on the OLED vs this W5700, and I can safely say that never once was I ever disappointed , details were ever present and I don’t miss the OLED

It’s that good for the price !

Offline chaozhoi

• Trade Count: (0)
Do you have your pj ceiling mount ? I don’t hear any iris motor moving / grinding sound, some reported that the noise appeared after 40hrs of use.... so I haven’t clocked in 40hrs... will continue to monitor

I have the iris on for cinema mode and HDR10 , u can see the pic quality on black levels, not bad, I like what I saw...

Of course I’m contented and have no intention of comparing it to OLED black levels , but I can say that it can hit 70% of what the OLED can produce . I do however, compare for details on the OLED vs this W5700, and I can safely say that never once was I ever disappointed , details were ever present and I don’t miss the OLED

It’s that good for the price !
Yeap. Ceiling mount right above me.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Offline alf

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Let your experience define your choice "View It"
    • www.entheos.com.sg
Hi guys , those who wish to up date your 5700 firm ware please let me know .

I need to submit the name list ,contact and address to Benq Engineers .

So they can contact you to arrange for the up dates .

Note don’t forget to take picture of all the settings .
Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
      Optical Tech / Metal Fabricator NTC/ ( ISF Trained Dealer)
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI White , Phantom Grey and Black Mambo II for different ambient application screen. JKP 709 calibration disc / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc

Offline chaozhoi

Hi guys , those who wish to up date your 5700 firm ware please let me know .

I need to submit the name list ,contact and address to Benq Engineers .

So they can contact you to arrange for the up dates .

Note don’t forget to take picture of all the settings .

So it will be an onsite update service? Involves both hardware and software?

Offline alf

• www.entheos.com.sg
So it will be an onsite update service? Involves both hardware and software?

Hi I also have no idea is my first time , they will be coming to my office . ( on site up date ) I am guessing just USB plug in to up date .
Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI White , Phantom Grey and Black Mambo II for different ambient application screen. JKP 709 calibration disc / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc

Offline ronildoq

I’ve done the update, power down BenQ, slot in the thumb drive formatted in fat32 into usb3 media port, power up and wait, some spinning updating and done. That’s all there is to it. Doesn’t altar the factory calibrated settings

That’s based on my findings after the upgrade process

Offline tsammyc

• I think, therefore I am
Alfie, according to AVS in the USA, there is a coming firmware update, that also needs a physical update to iris of the unit. Hence, it has to be sent back to the service center.

Offline Ccyao

Alfie, according to AVS in the USA, there is a coming firmware update, that also needs a physical update to iris of the unit. Hence, it has to be sent back to the service center.

Ya. I'm waiting for that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gears: LG 75UJ657T, Denon X7200WA, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, SVS Prime Center/Bookshelf(Front)/Satellite(Surround), AG Micro x 4 for Atmos, dual Rythmik LVX12, Popcorn Hour A-500, xBox One S, Synology DS416.

Offline ronildoq

Here is how it sound when dynamic iris is engaged on some sets, some grinding noise, if this is happening to your unit, then u need to send it back to BenQ

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5SujUfktAE&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-5SujUfktAE&fs=1</a>

Offline alf

• www.entheos.com.sg
Here is how it sound when dynamic iris is engaged on some sets, some grinding noise, if this is happening to your unit, then u need to send it back to BenQ

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5SujUfktAE&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-5SujUfktAE&fs=1</a>

Wow ....i have never got such experince on the units sold as most of them are pre tested with pre cal .

If not we will be getting alot of comment in our forum .

Any way benq will be attending the service and up dates .

Offline ronildoq

Wow ....i have never got such experince on the units sold as most of them are pre tested with pre cal .

If not we will be getting alot of comment in our forum .

Any way benq will be attending the service and up dates .

Yea man, thank god ours no such issue! Could be affecting certain batches. Most of them having this issue seem to have one thing in common, ceiling mounted ...

Offline alf

• www.entheos.com.sg
Yea man, thank god ours no such issue! Could be affecting certain batches. Most of them having this issue seem to have one thing in common, ceiling mounted ...

Yes sir that is for the USA market or that batch  , in Asia mounting is the same for ceiling mount but we have much lower ceiling height compare to the overseas houses which have higher ceiling.

In different regent has different issue I will not compare or base reference on one country people faces , which will we also experience.

As I have shared base on the all the unit sold by me , I do not have any complain or issue with the loud sound like what you share via you tube .

He he ... may be because we are the later batch on the units that is why . As this was launch much later compare to the bigger market country .  All I can say lucky us .

Again if there is such issue I am sure our member here will be sharing the issue in these forum .

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 18:46 by alf »

Offline ronildoq

Correct and that is exactly why we need to buy local, for the support, imagine if we bought this from USA, suddenly u have this grinding noise... send back to USA ? Siao lo.....
BenQ with 3 years support, we can buy with confidence indeed

Offline alf

• www.entheos.com.sg
Correct and that is exactly why we need to buy local, for the support, imagine if we bought this from USA, suddenly u have this grinding noise... send back to USA ? Siao lo.....
BenQ with 3 years support, we can buy with confidence indeed

Yes sir spot on again , base on what I have done in the past there were a lot of Brand’s and model of Projector bought in from overseas .

Some do ask for installation service and adjustment , we do notice there is some difference or funny looking which we don’t see in local set .

I Guess that’s is why there price difference on the same products on the same selling web page . ( don’t know what is the origin of it and history )

Yah ..better be save than sorry I Guess , re sending it back and get it fixed and logistics are just not worth it .
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 17:08 by alf »

Offline d@z

A big thank you for all the warm support, compliments as well as feedback. Regards the recent discussion on firmware update, allow me to share some update

Yes the new firmware for W5700 is available now; and Alfie is collating the name list to do upgrade as we speak. Among other enhancements, the new firmware adds 2.4:1 and 16:9 anamorphic mode to Aspect ratio options, improve Pixel enhancer and color performance, allow Iris adjustment – Off/Low/Mid/High etc.

As this is the 1st firmware update, we will need to update both the MStar and TI firmware. While some of you are already aware BenQ Australia had released a video to illustrate how you can upgrade the firmware on your own, this upgrade only upgrades the MStar firmware via USB. TI firmware will require to do via RS232. For this, we advocate that our service colleagues perform the firmware upgrade, as there are several SOPs to observe, less you damage the main board if miss out certain steps or what not.

Just a heads up, after we complete the firmware upgrade, the new version will not be reflected on the OSD. Instead you can only access it via the factory mode settings. We will indicate the new firmware version on the service report once we do the upgrade for you.

The YouTube video on the noise from Iris might well be an isolated case, but nonetheless, please do not hesitate to revert if you experience such abnormality.

Last but not least, for W2700, there is no new firmware as of now.

Thank you, and may your movie screening with BenQ continues  ;)