Author Topic: Anyone using ground box?  (Read 3748 times)

Offline qflyer

• Trade Count: (0)

Offline murphys33

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Anyone using ground box?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 15:02 »
I am using entreq ground box - tellus 2. Have all my components grounded into 2 of these boxes. They are very good - lowered noise floor and gave presentation an overall ease. Have tried the telos one prior but it did not work for my system. I would be keen to hear feedback from users of other solutions.

Offline KopiOkaya

• Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 15:02 »
I am... Using 3 ground boxes. Can be very effective depending on systems. On mine, it gives quieter background, louder more 3D sound and better instrument separation. Especially shiok when listening to complex or not-so-well recorded tracks. However, must know how and where to connect. Cannot anyhow hoot. Once you get it right, the effects are immediate and obvious. No need to A-B until ears pain.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 15:21 by KopiOkaya »
Cable termination and repair services for a reasonable fee. Whatsapp Larry at 98805223.

Offline qflyer

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 20:31 »
O my goodness, like that bankrupt

Offline C130

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 07:49 »

hahaa.... take it slow.  ;)

i am using the entreq tellus 2 with a couple of everest 'caps' on the binding posts. improved clarity and separation... thumbs up.

Offline Jsen

• Diamonds are NOT Forever while Silence is Golden
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 08:49 »
Wanted to test out this tweak but I'm not sure if I should connect the ground box to the unused IEC or plugged it to the pre amp.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Dynamics are the essence of how well you can feel the emotions and sentiments from the maestros and what they are trying to propose.

Offline KopiOkaya

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 09:21 »
Wanted to test out this tweak but I'm not sure if I should connect the ground box to the unused IEC or plugged it to the pre amp.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Try your mains first. I always advise friends if they want to buy just 1 ground box, connect it to their mains. The effects are more convincing (and thus they are motivated to try more boxes ;D).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 09:37 by KopiOkaya »
Cable termination and repair services for a reasonable fee. Whatsapp Larry at 98805223.

Offline KopiOkaya

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 09:22 »

Take it one step at a time. I have been using ground boxes since 2015, and it took me a while to fine tune the effects to my preferences.

By the way, some of you probably already know I do mass order for ground boxes (I have my own formula to suit our local conditions)... No, I am not trying to promote or sell my goods here. Just share experiences. I totally understand and am aware there are a lot of folks who still think this is snake oil.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 09:29 by KopiOkaya »

Offline Jsen

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 10:45 »
Try your mains first. I always advise friends if they want to buy just 1 ground box, connect it to their mains. The effects are more convincing (and thus they are motivated to try more boxes ;D).

I've space for only one ground box so looks like I can only connect it to my bac. Thanks bro.
Dynamics are the essence of how well you can feel the emotions and sentiments from the maestros and what they are trying to propose.

Offline KopiOkaya

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 10:48 »
I've space for only one ground box so looks like I can only connect it to my bac. Thanks bro.

Don't buy so big lah... Mine measures 240 mm x 105 mm x 45 mm. Some more can fit under my hifi rack swee swee.

Offline Jsen

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 11:08 »
Don't buy so big lah... Mine measures 240 mm x 105 mm x 45 mm. Some more can fit under my hifi rack swee swee.

Wait for your MO then.  ;D :P

BadEnglish

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 11:11 »
Ground box and Supertweeter are somethings better left for those who are cursed with , and having hearing problem.

Some old folks said : you should only notice presence of ground box or Supertweeter when they are disconnected.

Offline KopiOkaya

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 11:12 »
Wait for your MO then.  ;D :P

Not so soon wor... I hate doing ground box MO. I have to move and shift my furniture every time my stock arrives.

Offline Jsen

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2019, 11:32 »
Not so soon wor... I hate doing ground box MO. I have to move and shift my furniture every time my stock arrives.

Time is on my side.  ;D

Offline ohlins

• a crown for every achievement
    • my watch and audio blog
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2019, 19:29 »
I use entreq boxes to ground preamp and streamer/DAC.

Shengyun boxes are used to ground NAS, switch, router, AC distributors, fridge, aquarium air-pump and air con ....
the hype is true...listen at your own risk
visit http://oohlins.blogspot.com