Author Topic: SCV cable moving to IP based  (Read 679 times)

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
SCV cable moving to IP based
« on: January 29, 2019, 19:25 »
So there seems to be an issue if you do this and have the likes of Viewqwest Freedom VPN in play...not sure if anyone has encountered this yet.

If you dont use their broadband then this...

Do I need to subscribe to StarHub Fibre broadband with my StarHub Go Streaming Box?
Your StarHub Go Streaming Box will work with any internet connection.

However, you need to ensure that your internet connection is stable and provides at least the recommended bandwidth (10Mbps) required for video streaming.

StarHub also reserves the right to refuse service if VPN / proxy services are detected with your internet connection, in order to comply with content restrictions that are imposed on StarHub for providing this video streaming service.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 19:34 by wizardofoz »
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Online econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: SCV cable moving to IP based
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 22:16 »
So there seems to be an issue if you do this and have the likes of Viewqwest Freedom VPN in play...not sure if anyone has encountered this yet.

If you dont use their broadband then this...

Do I need to subscribe to StarHub Fibre broadband with my StarHub Go Streaming Box?
Your StarHub Go Streaming Box will work with any internet connection.
As far as I know for over 20 house we have reconfig since last Sep , they terminate another fiber point and provide a router so we have to find out all the network point( for use with the box ) and connect it to this router to receive thier IP boardcast ,as it does not work direct with Singtel which on another IP boarcast.so it become 2 network in the house and need to be uplink as one network if you have also your own inhouse audio/video server for network streaming service.
However, you need to ensure that your internet connection is stable and provides at least the recommended bandwidth (10Mbps) required for video streaming.
proper wiring to reduce/avoid Mozaic signalling needed with a good switch for more then 4 boxes.
StarHub also reserves the right to refuse service if VPN / proxy services are detected with your internet connection, in order to comply with content restrictions that are imposed on StarHub for providing this video streaming service.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 22:24 by econav »
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline jonlee

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 09:00 »
The Starhub Go streaming box is not the same as their fibre based IP set top box.  The set top box must be connected to starhub fibre internet.

Offline hkail

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Look at the bright side of life, always!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 22:14 »
I will not switch to Starhub ISP just because of their fibre TV. I am still trying to figure out what legit options do i have if i just want to watch TVB and occasionally, some Chinese movies. I am now on the TV d-lite option which is great  for casual viewers. Why must they make it some hard for us? Do they really want to drive all of us to pirated sources??
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 22:16 by hkail »