Author Topic: Roon + Qobuz Hi-Res lossless streaming is finally here!  (Read 1413 times)

Offline ryanchong

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Roon + Qobuz Hi-Res lossless streaming is finally here!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 20:56 »
Yes man, have to go vpn. U get stuck on it. U hear so much more then in tidal. But must connect to laptop or nas otherwise can't play studio quality. Go to the settings and adjust to ensure u get the highest SQ. Guess I will be signing up for studio!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 20:58 by ryanchong »

Offline toots

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2019, 08:53 »
I used VPN to subscribe to Qobuz couple of days back and am quite happy with the selections and high res quality. The Qobuz app is not available for Android in our country but the iOS version can be downloaded. You are correct to say that high res files cannot be streamed but this is the case if you use the app.

In iOS, if you have the mConnect app, Qobuz can be streamed all the way to 24/192. But Tidal masters can be streamed at max of only 24/48. Both Tidal and Qobuz are fully integrated in the app.

In Android, you can use both mConnect and BubbleUPnP to stream Qobuz at full resolution but not Tidal in these two apps but with the latest update from Tidal you can play their master files directly using their own app from any Android phones. But in my opinion a far better app for streaming Tidal or Qobuz is to purchase USB Audio Player Pro. This app bypasses your phone Android driver and uses its own high quality high res drivers. Fully supports Tidal MQA and stream Qobuz at full resolution. But the best part is the the sound quality, certainly worth the money with its feature rich options.

Offline ryanchong

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2019, 11:24 »
I download the app at qobuzz website and use my laptop to my dac. Simple and I get up to 192k

Offline MusicEar

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 09:48 »
How do you subscribe to Qobuz. It is not available in Singapore.

Do you use VPN to first subscribe? I have no experience with VPN so how do I go about it?

Thanks.

You can use free Winscribe VPN to subscribe and thereafter you can stream without using VPN.
https://windscribe.com

You can consider subscribe a free trial from Qobuz US when it goes out of beta in mid February. It will much cheaper, due to exchange rate. A full Hi-Res will cost USD24.99 which works out SGD34.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 09:52 by MusicEar »
Holo Spring NOS R2R level 2 DAC | Holo Audio Titanis USB Regen | Auralic Aries G1 | Seagate PersonalCloud 4TB NAS | I.AMP.D linear power supply for NAS | VTL 2.5i pre & VTL MB-125 monoblock tube power amps | Dynaudio Contour 1.8mk2 floorstanding speakers | Taralabs Reference Gen mk2 audio interconnects | Alpha Goertz MI-3 speakers cables & Chord Silverplus USB cable | W-Audio power distributor terminated with WattGate plugs | Lightning DS and Roon Core