Author Topic: Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors  (Read 42704 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors
« Reply #330 on: January 25, 2020, 08:29 »
i'm interested in the auto calibration function found in the N7. have any of you had a chance to calibrate your N5 or N7? how did it go? did you have to buy a separate optical sensor to do the calibration? what were the before and after effects like? thanks for sharing guys :)

Yes u need to get a separate meter to do the readings off the screen. The JVC calibration software is quite good for self calibration and I recommend you to get it. I have the Spyder 5 Pro meter if you want. If interested I can sell to you when you get your hands on the N7. Just PM in due course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline InnocentBlood

« Reply #331 on: January 25, 2020, 11:23 »
Yes u need to get a separate meter to do the readings off the screen. The JVC calibration software is quite good for self calibration and I recommend you to get it. I have the Spyder 5 Pro meter if you want. If interested I can sell to you when you get your hands on the N7. Just PM in due course.

thank you very much :) if you know of any self-help resources on how to do this calibration, do share here as I want to get an idea of what I am in for when the time comes.
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #332 on: January 25, 2020, 14:37 »
thank you very much :) if you know of any self-help resources on how to do this calibration, do share here as I want to get an idea of what I am in for when the time comes.

I will guide you how to do it when the time comes. There is no online material on how to do it but I assured you it is relatively simple.

Offline wcseow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #333 on: February 15, 2020, 07:18 »
Hi. Hope to get some advice.

First time foray into a projector setup in Jan 2020, a Optoma UHD60 on a 100" screen. While am satisfied with Panny UB820 when viewing movies, I feel less satisfied with HDR content. On gaming, I find Xbox One X is ok, the display left much to be desired with PS4 (1080p) with or without HDR.

I am seriously considering replacing it with the JVC NX5. Having seen the demo with uhd disc, I guess I am pretty sure it will be a big step up.

Though i wonders whether will I be getting a step up (or step down) with gaming both in lag and display?

Any one has experience on this?

Thanks

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors
« Reply #334 on: February 15, 2020, 19:21 »
You need to spend lot of time to fine tune each input source to your likin then select that setting for each source you play.

The more processing for colour lead to longer lag and switching , so you need better chip and higher grade ram chip inside the projector, all this will cost more.

There are 2 out there , if you are after colour maybe JVC and if you are after refresh speed maybe SONY.

If you want both , Sony hv a 870 and JVC have a N9.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 23:36 by econav »
AudioControl,Gallo acoustic, JVC, Ken Kreisel, Starke Sound, FocusView, Rose HiFi, Rythmik, Xgimi, Zidoo UHD2000

From time to time we may sell off New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new, we will dispose off the box.

All posts
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline wcseow

« Reply #335 on: February 16, 2020, 00:43 »
Hi. Thanks for the reply.

With the Optoma UHD60, I guess i am comfortable with the lag while gaming, both offline and multiplayer online.. I am just hoping that if I change it to JVC NX5, that lag will not get worse.

Lol, i guess i am looking at NX5 only. The NX9 is out of what i am willing to pay

Offline alf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Let your experience define your choice "View It"
    • www.entheos.com.sg
« Reply #336 on: February 16, 2020, 13:56 »
Hi. Hope to get some advice.

First time foray into a projector setup in Jan 2020, a Optoma UHD60 on a 100" screen. While am satisfied with Panny UB820 when viewing movies, I feel less satisfied with HDR content. On gaming, I find Xbox One X is ok, the display left much to be desired with PS4 (1080p) with or without HDR.

I am seriously considering replacing it with the JVC NX5. Having seen the demo with uhd disc, I guess I am pretty sure it will be a big step up.

Though i wonders whether will I be getting a step up (or step down) with gaming both in lag and display?

Any one has experience on this?

Thanks

For gaming usage on projector is best to find out the refresh rates , especially for those live or online type .

Most gamers will use monitor instead on projector because it has faster response time .
Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
      Optical Tech / Metal Fabricator NTC/ ( ISF Trained Dealer)
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI / Natural White , Phantom Grey / Black Mambo II / (New Titanium Grey & Black Crystal )  increase contrast in different ambient condition .JKP HD calibration disc  / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #337 on: February 16, 2020, 14:06 »
Hi. Thanks for the reply.

With the Optoma UHD60, I guess i am comfortable with the lag while gaming, both offline and multiplayer online.. I am just hoping that if I change it to JVC NX5, that lag will not get worse.

Lol, i guess i am looking at NX5 only. The NX9 is out of what i am willing to pay

If you are a gamer, stick with DLP. JVC N5 is aimed at HT enthusiast...but in terms of better value proposition, JVC N7 is the better deal with a color filter to achieve near 100% P3-DCI for wider color gamut suitable for 4K HDR content. JVC N9 pricing is ludicrous considering that it is not even laser, so avoid at all cost! JVC lag time is slightly higher than Sony iirc at 42ms compared to the latter's 27ms to 33ms (on average). Again, if I recall correctly, anything around 24ms - 30ms is considered very good for any projector to be used for gaming purposes. For anything > 50ms should be avoided as far as possible. 1 fps delay is equivalent to about 16.7ms and is considered very good for a Projector used for gaming. But if you are talking about competitive gaming like FPS which requires an extremely fast response (below 5ms), Projector is almost definitely NOT the best display device but for everything else, it should do fine.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 14:47 by desray »

Offline wcseow

« Reply #338 on: February 16, 2020, 17:49 »
For gaming usage on projector is best to find out the refresh rates , especially for those live or online type .

Most gamers will use monitor instead on projector because it has faster response time .

Thanks, alf

I am a casual gamer, actually mostly offline  occasional online. but casual.

Offline wcseow

« Reply #339 on: February 16, 2020, 18:02 »
If you are a gamer, stick with DLP. JVC N5 is aimed at HT enthusiast...but in terms of better value proposition, JVC N7 is the better deal with a color filter to achieve near 100% P3-DCI for wider color gamut suitable for 4K HDR content. JVC N9 pricing is ludicrous considering that it is not even laser, so avoid at all cost! JVC lag time is slightly higher than Sony iirc at 42ms compared to the latter's 27ms to 33ms (on average). Again, if I recall correctly, anything around 24ms - 30ms is considered very good for any projector to be used for gaming purposes. For anything > 50ms should be avoided as far as possible. 1 fps delay is equivalent to about 16.7ms and is considered very good for a Projector used for gaming. But if you are talking about competitive gaming like FPS which requires an extremely fast response (below 5ms), Projector is almost definitely NOT the best display device but for everything else, it should do fine.

Thanks for the reply, desray.

Casual gamer. Lol. For my HT setup, I guess I am more particular on movie (both sound and display_ though it is of a lesser usage. My current experience with Optoma UHD60 for gaming is acceptable. However I find the Optoma does not handle the SDR source from my PS4 well. The Xbox One X is ok. Also cant play FPS games due to motion sickness.

If moving to NX5 enhance HDR 4K movie watching and does not become worse for gaming, then I guess I will be happy. From the internet, it seems the lag for Optoma is 50msec. So if NX5 is 40+msec, sounds ok as it will not be worse off.

I will be trading in the Optoma for the JVC NX5, thus adding in the extra $3K for NX7 may be a bit over, considering the entire setup is just completed in Jan 2020.

Yesterday, another concern pop out when one of my children join me for movie watching. She is experiencing rainbow effect by a fair bit to the point she has to stop. I believe the D-iLA or LCOS will not have that?

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #340 on: February 16, 2020, 18:05 »
Thanks for the reply, desray.

Casual gamer. Lol. For my HT setup, I guess I am more particular on movie (both sound and display_ though it is of a lesser usage. My current experience with Optoma UHD60 for gaming is acceptable. However I find the Optoma does not handle the SDR source from my PS4 well. The Xbox One X is ok. Also cant play FPS games due to motion sickness.

If moving to NX5 enhance HDR 4K movie watching and does not become worse for gaming, then I guess I will be happy. From the internet, it seems the lag for Optoma is 50msec. So if NX5 is 40+msec, sounds ok as it will not be worse off.

I will be trading in the Optoma for the JVC NX5, thus adding in the extra $3K for NX7 may be a bit over, considering the entire setup is just completed in Jan 2020.

Yesterday, another concern pop out when one of my children join me for movie watching. She is experiencing rainbow effect by a fair bit to the point she has to stop. I believe the D-iLA or LCOS will not have that?

Yes, so long it’s not > 50ms. Then it’s still acceptable. In my opinion, projector should always be used primarily for movie watching first and gaming second.

Offline wcseow

« Reply #341 on: February 16, 2020, 19:11 »
Yes, so long it’s not > 50ms. Then it’s still acceptable. In my opinion, projector should always be used primarily for movie watching first and gaming second.

Yes. Agreed. Thats y I am more particular on movie even though is of lesser use. If i need to game.more seriously, still can go to my living room setup which is TV.

Sorry, the JVC will not have the rainbow effect, right?

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #342 on: February 16, 2020, 19:13 »
Yes. Agreed. Thats y I am more particular on movie even though is of lesser use. If i need to game.more seriously, still can go to my living room setup which is TV.

Sorry, the JVC will not have the rainbow effect, right?
No RBE.

Sent from my Tapatalk Pro

Offline wcseow

« Reply #343 on: February 21, 2020, 10:27 »
Bought the NX5 and installed last night. Still need to do some lens adjustment by vendor but the initial impression of the picture is very good, much much better than the UHD60 in all aspects. It displays my PS4 1080/HDR very well, no need to bring in the PS4 Pro from my living room.

Tests a few games and glad that it is ok.

Should have go straight to the JVC. My suggestion for those who is thinking of moving from TV to projector screen, just bite the bullet and go for this range of projectors. Worth the $$$

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 11:18 by wcseow »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #344 on: February 22, 2020, 11:24 »
Bought the NX5 and installed last night. Still need to do some lens adjustment by vendor but the initial impression of the picture is very good, much much better than the UHD60 in all aspects. It displays my PS4 1080/HDR very well, no need to bring in the PS4 Pro from my living room.

Tests a few games and glad that it is ok.

Should have go straight to the JVC. My suggestion for those who is thinking of moving from TV to projector screen, just bite the bullet and go for this range of projectors. Worth the $$$

Thanks

Glad you like it...enjoy!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal