Author Topic: Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors  (Read 42698 times)

Offline Weichiun

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2019, 06:37 »
I also scare sound affair sue me for using exported oppo203, alpha audio sue me using exported pioneer avr, harvey norman sue me using imitated phillip 9700,  CDA audio sue me using exported gotham cable, djq sue me using exported sine plugs...
I really worry....

As long as you happy and got problem, don’t find back the authorized dealer...
Pioneer LX-58, Emotiva XPA, Accuphase E600, Oppo 203, Auralic Aries, Sine S30a, Rega P3-24 turntable, Ifi Iphono2 micro,Usher MD2, Usher BE616, Usher S520, Pro monitor 800, BQ3115D sub woofer

Offline kelvinsin

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2019, 06:51 »
As long as you happy and got problem, don’t find back the authorized dealer...
Well, i believe this theory simple even kids can understand. Certainly you cant differentiate joke and reality. :)
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Usher BE616, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Velodyne SPL800i, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P
Stereo: Auralic Altair, Music Fidelity M6i, Rega P1, Emotiva XPS-1

Offline kelvinsin

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2019, 19:27 »
Im sorry but does anyone see my ball? This morning i remember i left here but i cant found now. Where my ball?
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Usher BE616, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Velodyne SPL800i, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P
Stereo: Auralic Altair, Music Fidelity M6i, Rega P1, Emotiva XPS-1

Offline Weichiun

« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2019, 20:29 »
Well, i believe this theory simple even kids can understand. Certainly you cant differentiate joke and reality. :)

Seem u not ever a kids and just like to joke in the Xtremeplace.
Pioneer LX-58, Emotiva XPA, Accuphase E600, Oppo 203, Auralic Aries, Sine S30a, Rega P3-24 turntable, Ifi Iphono2 micro,Usher MD2, Usher BE616, Usher S520, Pro monitor 800, BQ3115D sub woofer

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2019, 10:58 »
Seems pretty obvious ECON AV is not an “Exclusive” Distributor for JVC’s N series Projectors - if they were exclusive, they (or JVC) would not leave it so ambiguous.  ::)

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2019, 13:21 »
Seems pretty obvious ECON AV is not an “Exclusive” Distributor for JVC’s N series Projectors - if they were exclusive, they (or JVC) would not leave it so ambiguous.  ::)

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it is simple - the other dealer should get a letter from JVC saying that the N series projectors they sell have full Singaporean warranty - with 3 years and available in February :)

I don't think there is any ambiguity in "Only sets sold by our Authorized Partner, ECON AV Concepts and its dealers will have our JVCKENWOOD Singapore official warranty card with the serial no. imprinted on it"
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2019, 15:01 »
I think it is simple - the other dealer should get a letter from JVC saying that the N series projectors they sell have full Singaporean warranty - with 3 years and available in February :)

I don't think there is any ambiguity in "Only sets sold by our Authorized Partner, ECON AV Concepts and its dealers will have our JVCKENWOOD Singapore official warranty card with the serial no. imprinted on it"

What's interesting is that on JVC's US and Europe websites, they properly list their Projector Distributors online... but not for JVCKenwood Singapore. Something definitely "fishy" smelling. Makes me tempted to call up JVCKenwood and ask them WTF is going on... (but I'm not sure why I'd bother, I'm not personally or professionally connected to anything to do with Projectors... but it bugs me to see a company making pseudo-legalese threats to consumers on a public forum).

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2019, 15:11 »
What's interesting is that on JVC's US and Europe websites, they properly list their Projector Distributors online... but not for JVCKenwood Singapore. Something definitely "fishy" smelling. Makes me tempted to call up JVCKenwood and ask them WTF is going on... (but I'm not sure why I'd bother, I'm not personally or professionally connected to anything to do with Projectors... but it bugs me to see a company making pseudo-legalese threats to consumers on a public forum).

You have to remember how small the SG market is.

I remember being shocked at how cheap JVC was in Australia when I first moved over. I guess there is just enough of a market to get the prices down.

And even with the bigger market, the projector section for Where to buy is ZILCH too :P

They'd rather list the car audio dealers.

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2019, 15:20 »
You have to remember how small the SG market is.

I remember being shocked at how cheap JVC was in Australia when I first moved over. I guess there is just enough of a market to get the prices down.

And even with the bigger market, the projector section for Where to buy is ZILCH too :P

They'd rather list the car audio dealers.

Good point.

Whatever it is though... when I'm eventually in the market for a Projector, I know which local company to avoid (I'd rather gray-market import myself if I'm hard-up on the brand, then to buy from someone who makes threats in public  ;D).

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2019, 15:28 »
Good point.

Whatever it is though... when I'm eventually in the market for a Projector, I know which local company to avoid (I'd rather gray-market import myself if I'm hard-up on the brand, then to buy from someone who makes threats in public  ;D).

I would choose a good dealer that has demonstrated good sales and after sales support. And who's actually brought JVC prices in SG in line with Australia... is a good bonus
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline kaydee6

« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2019, 15:38 »
My take is like many enthusiast products in Singapore, this island is too small for JVC to market the projector lines here. The implication may be why JVC was not able to provide repair service to my faulty optics engine of my JVC HD1 back in 2009; a $10k projector that goes bad in 2 years. Engineer told me cannot be done locally. I hope things have improved but I doubt so. Quoting Epson as an example is it has as a big market share in corporate projector business and could invest in its service and repair infrastructure and possibly provide proper training for it's engineers regionally. So sometimes purchasing a product needs to take principal and distributor service and support into consideration. 
Whenever I purchase a big ticket item, I always consider what happens when I have trouble with it? What's my means of recourse? What's the service support history of the principal and distributor? You are buying close to or more than 5 figure electronics here, many things can go wrong with these complex electronics especially with mechanical components and optics in it, and we are not living in Japan where service is top notch, so shop smart!
No matter, this thread is a bad thread in terms of public relations for both the principal and distributor.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 15:52 by kaydee6 »

Offline alf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Let your experience define your choice "View It"
    • www.entheos.com.sg
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2019, 16:00 »
My take is like many enthusiast products in Singapore, this island is too small for JVC to market the projector lines here. The implication may be why JVC was not able to provide repair service to my faulty optics engine of my JVC HD1 back in 2009. Engineer told me cannot be done locally. I hope things have improved but I doubt so. Epson on the other hand has a big market share in corporate projector business and could invest in its service and repair infrastructure and possibly provide proper training for it's engineers regionally. So sometimes purchasing a product needs to take principal and distributor service and support into consideration. No matter, this thread is a bad thread in terms of public relations for both the principal and distributor.
Whenever I purchase a big ticket item, I always consider what happens when I have trouble with it? What's my means of recourse? What's the service support history of the principal and distributor? You are buying close to or more than 5 figure electronics here, many things can go wrong complex electronics especially mechanical and optics in it, so shop smart!

To be fair few years back I send in a japan brand LCD projector to service centre ,
they said have to change full optical block and they cant change it hear . I guess they must need a clean room to do it .

I post it on forum got a threatening message by dealer " lucky have letter from service centre letter " to state the facts .

Yes, Kaydee I guess you have to be careful when buying products. Make sure you ask what type of after sales service  dealers are providing  and the type of manufacture / warranty /support that you will get . 

Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
      Optical Tech / Metal Fabricator NTC/ ( ISF Trained Dealer)
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI / Natural White , Phantom Grey / Black Mambo II / (New Titanium Grey & Black Crystal )  increase contrast in different ambient condition .JKP HD calibration disc  / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2019, 18:21 »
I just read the the flagship model, the NX9 have some serious issue with the optical engineer block and it seems to be affecting the first batch which was released in Oct last year. Will it have any problem with the N5 and N7, can’t tell for sure at the moment. Seems like JVC gonna need to replace all the defective sets with the 2nd batch (mfg date in Jan 19). Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline alf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Let your experience define your choice "View It"
    • www.entheos.com.sg
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2019, 19:39 »
Well what ever it is there will be 2 year warranty from JVC Singapore , bring it back to service centre and they will have to attend to it .

The only part if there is issue  on the PJ than taking leave and waiting to the unit to be send back will be a painful. 

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 19:45 by alf »
Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
      Optical Tech / Metal Fabricator NTC/ ( ISF Trained Dealer)
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI / Natural White , Phantom Grey / Black Mambo II / (New Titanium Grey & Black Crystal )  increase contrast in different ambient condition .JKP HD calibration disc  / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc

Offline Basshead

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2019, 11:58 »
My take is like many enthusiast products in Singapore, this island is too small for JVC to market the projector lines here. The implication may be why JVC was not able to provide repair service to my faulty optics engine of my JVC HD1 back in 2009; a $10k projector that goes bad in 2 years. Engineer told me cannot be done locally. I hope things have improved but I doubt so. Quoting Epson as an example is it has as a big market share in corporate projector business and could invest in its service and repair infrastructure and possibly provide proper training for it's engineers regionally. So sometimes purchasing a product needs to take principal and distributor service and support into consideration. 
Whenever I purchase a big ticket item, I always consider what happens when I have trouble with it? What's my means of recourse? What's the service support history of the principal and distributor? You are buying close to or more than 5 figure electronics here, many things can go wrong with these complex electronics especially with mechanical components and optics in it, and we are not living in Japan where service is top notch, so shop smart!
No matter, this thread is a bad thread in terms of public relations for both the principal and distributor.

If you do some research, both Tritone AV and Sound Decisions are dealers for JVC, and I’m sure both of them would have better service than EconAV... No worries if you love the product, rarely SG will only have one dealer

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal