Author Topic: Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors  (Read 42706 times)

BadEnglish

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2019, 11:17 »
I have dealt with Peng econav many times and even though I haven’t always purchased from him (because of where I live), he’s always been great with service and advice and knowledge. And he’s always been patient with many others in the forum.

I am inclined to attribute this to a misunderstanding and an obliquely worded document.

FWIW being in this industry in Australia, I know getting an exclusive distribution for a product line is a pretty tough process with many concessions and costs associated with taking on and distributing the brand. And being stymied by grey imports can be a very aggravating experience especially when the recalcitrant dealers are misrepresenting the terms to end users.

I believe we are dealing with an authorized dealer not an exclusive distributor , according to JVCKENWOOD letter that posted by econav.

Offline Basshead

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2019, 11:37 »
I believe we are dealing with an authorized dealer not an exclusive distributor , according to JVCKENWOOD letter that posted by econav.

Correct bro, don't think there is exclusive dealership for this line of products...

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2019, 09:05 »

The letter from JVC says

"appointed EconAV as its authorized partner"

and later that they would only honor the warranty on purchases made through EconAV and its dealers.

This seems to indicate that it is a sole distribution arrangement.

Do you know differently?

End of Line - Derezzed

BadEnglish

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2019, 12:00 »
The letter from JVC says

"appointed EconAV as its authorized partner"

and later that they would only honor the warranty on purchases made through EconAV and its dealers.

This seems to indicate that it is a sole distribution arrangement.

Do you know differently?

According to Cambridge Advanced Leaner's Dictionary

sole   /səʊl/ /soʊl/  adjective   [ before noun  ]   
1.    being one only; single
    My sole objective is to make the information more widely available.     
  The sole  survivor  of the accident was found in the water after six hours.   
2.    not shared with anyone else
    She has sole  responsibility  for the project.     
  I have sole charge of both children all day.   

So authorized partner does not really mean sole partner or sole distributor.
JVCKENWOOD still can appoint another company to sell their N series and yet calls the company Authorized Partner.

One authorized partner, two authorized partners, three authorized partners but
Sole distributor, only one !

And the word usage of partner is ambiguous.

Offline Doggie Howser

Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2019, 12:50 »

JVCKENWOOD still can appoint another company to sell their N series and yet calls the company Authorized Partner.

If JVC has another partner, they should not have worded it to say they will not honor the warranty if these new projectors aren’t purchased from EconAV or resellers appointed by EconAV.

Do you know who is the other reseller or partner?
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline kelvinsin

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2019, 13:28 »
Wah become lawyer discussion thread, lol... good info!
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Usher BE616, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Velodyne SPL800i, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P
Stereo: Auralic Altair, Music Fidelity M6i, Rega P1, Emotiva XPS-1

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2019, 13:34 »

+1

you are right! Bro, how come your nick is Bad English?? Should change it to Good English!

BadEnglish

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2019, 19:05 »
If JVC has another partner, they should not have worded it to say they will not honor the warranty if these new projectors aren’t purchased from EconAV or resellers appointed by EconAV.

Do you know who is the other reseller or partner?

If JVCKENWOOD had worded just sole distributor for NX series,  there won't be confusion or misunderstanding.

To make it thing worsen,  it appointed Econ as an authorized partner for the range on immediate effect on 22 Jan 2019. There might had authorized dealers,  or partner before that date and perhaps desray had happened to get from that dealer.

I'm just guessing, and I'm neither defending desray nor attacking Econ. My point is plain simple : Econ should had not use legal threat on this forum unless it has gathered enough evidence to prove that action of desray caused monetary losses.

Offline Basshead

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2019, 19:45 »
I read it as such too. I believe this letter simply states that EconAV is one of the appointed authorised dealers for JVC or JVC N series for that matter. It does not mean that there are no other dealers out there.

And to answer Doggie; yes I do know otherwise, please pm for info because apparently buying projectors nowadays might cause me to end up in the court room lol

Offline kelvinsin

« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2019, 19:56 »
I read it as such too. I believe this letter simply states that EconAV is one of the appointed authorised dealers for JVC or JVC N series for that matter. It does not mean that there are no other dealers out there.

And to answer Doggie; yes I do know otherwise, please pm for info because apparently buying projectors nowadays might cause me to end up in the court room lol

I also scare sound affair sue me for using exported oppo203, alpha audio sue me using exported pioneer avr, harvey norman sue me using imitated phillip 9700,  CDA audio sue me using exported gotham cable, djq sue me using exported sine plugs...
I really worry....
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Usher BE616, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Velodyne SPL800i, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P

Offline kelvinsin

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2019, 19:56 »
If JVCKENWOOD had worded just sole distributor for NX series,  there won't be confusion or misunderstanding.

To make it thing worsen,  it appointed Econ as an authorized partner for the range on immediate effect on 22 Jan 2019. There might had authorized dealers,  or partner before that date and perhaps desray had happened to get from that dealer.

I'm just guessing, and I'm neither defending desray nor attacking Econ. My point is plain simple : Econ should had not use legal threat on this forum unless it has gathered enough evidence to prove that action of desray caused monetary losses.

Hi bro, are you lawyer? Lol

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2019, 20:36 »

I am just puzzled that JVC would word a letter saying that warranty is voided if the projector was not purchased through EconAV and its designated dealers - if there was a second authorized distributor involved.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline Basshead

« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2019, 21:57 »
I am just puzzled that JVC would word a letter saying that warranty is voided if the projector was not purchased through EconAV and its designated dealers - if there was a second authorized distributor involved.

I guess... the JVCKenwood staff need to go get English lessons from BadEnglish? Hahahah

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2019, 22:40 »
AVSForum member first impressions and reviews of the NX9 and N7 models started to surface of late. Some of the reviews so far has been good but not something that will "blow you away" kind of good when compared to the PQ of last X gen series like the 9900. The HDMI Input (syncing) delay still exist and some reported that there is absolutely no change despite the JVC guys at the CES 2018 booth claimed there was a significant improvement in terms of HDMI switching to 60% faster! Pack of bullshit...I have also gathered what appears to be a  IRIS bug whenever the user switched off the projector while in HDR mode. When power back on, the IRIS settings seems to retain the aperture setting for HDR even though the physical len IRIS appears to be working fine. The workaround is to ensure that you exit from HDR content back to SDR content before you shut down the projector in order to ensure the aperture setting for the IRIS has returned to the correct aperture value when watching either SDR/HDR content when you first turn on the projector. Seems like a bug to me. The typical "bloominb" or "halo" effects for white letters or object against a black background still exist in this new N series which in my opinion is another negative.

My advice is for the last gen X series models like 7900 and 9900 users to hold on and wait for more reviews to populate before committing yourself to purchase the new N series.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 22:53 by desray »

Offline mutant

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2019, 23:33 »
Absolutely rubbish tone... Who are you to question Desray? He does not owe you or any of us anything, as he was simply sharing his own experience purchasing from another dealer that is not you... and as a buyer, do clarify how he is liable for any legal action if he incorrectly states the delivery time and warranty period...

He is neither part of JVC KENWOOD... and I am sure he had better things to do than spread falsehoods for nobody’s gain

Totally agree with you.. WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION DESRAY?!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal