Author Topic: Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors  (Read 20869 times)

Offline Hero

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2019, 08:36 »
Thx Des for ur views. Yup just have to try for ourselves once new projector arrives n decide then.

My ht setup in my hall so now figuring out where to place my fixed screen when not watching movies, as my previous pull down was places in front of tv console. Furtunately i have 2 separate walls to hang the fixed screen when not in use.... but not sure how tedious it will be to move the screen each time, but i am digressing here  :P

Offline jeffong

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2019, 16:04 »
Not sure but I'm using JVC very own 3D active shutter glasses (come as a bundled). I have to say that the 3D have come a long way for JVC and it had improved by leaps and bounds. Gone are the days of parallax error or ghosting. Bro Jeff, you getting the N7 yourself?

Yeah.. seriously considering it although it sucks that I'm limited to only a 80 inch screen.  The other challenge that I'm seeing is getting hold of a good 80 inch HDR-ready PJ screen itself.  Seems like none of the better brands even have this kind of sizing with 92 being the minimum.  Customization would likely cost a lot.  Heck, if the Sony 85 inch Z9G can be had for the same price of the N7, maybe that would be a better option. :-)
HDR Rulez - UHD-K8500 | Oppo UDP-203 | Zapitti One Mini
Stewart Firehawk 92" | LG 65E6T | Panny 65VT30 | Benq 5700
Denon 8500 | Denon 7200WA | Denon 4520 | SVS PC-12+ | JL E110
UHD BD Titles : Countless

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 16:09 »
jeffong,

If it is not a 100" screen, i think you will get better mileage going with a large screen TV.

Size is everything......   :)

(Audio)

Offline jeffong

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 16:31 »
Unfortunately flagship large screen TV's are being sold like BMW and Mercs in Singapore.  Super high markup that makes no absolute sense.
HDR Rulez - UHD-K8500 | Oppo UDP-203 | Zapitti One Mini
Stewart Firehawk 92" | LG 65E6T | Panny 65VT30 | Benq 5700
Denon 8500 | Denon 7200WA | Denon 4520 | SVS PC-12+ | JL E110
UHD BD Titles : Countless

Online alf

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Let your experience define your choice "View It"
    • www.entheos.com.sg
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 18:03 »
Thx Des for ur views. Yup just have to try for ourselves once new projector arrives n decide then.

My ht setup in my hall so now figuring out where to place my fixed screen when not watching movies, as my previous pull down was places in front of tv console. Furtunately i have 2 separate walls to hang the fixed screen when not in use.... but not sure how tedious it will be to move the screen each time, but i am digressing here  :P

Hi Hero ,

To look neat you can stick back to manual pull down the better choice will be a motorize screen .

On the fixed type you can use a fixed screen with stand with wheels or other option wire hang down on top down , when not in used can hang over the other side .

Hope that helps .
Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
      Optical Tech / Metal Fabricator NTC/ ( ISF Trained Dealer)
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI White , Phantom Grey and Black Mambo II for different ambient application screen. JKP 709 calibration disc / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 18:42 »
jeffong,

If it is not a 100" screen, i think you will get better mileage going with a large screen TV.

Size is everything......   :)

(Audio)

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 18:43 »
Hi Hero ,

To look neat you can stick back to manual pull down the better choice will be a motorize screen .

On the fixed type you can use a fixed screen with stand with wheels or other option wire hang down on top down , when not in used can hang over the other side .

Hope that helps .

+1

Offline Hero

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2019, 22:29 »
Hi Hero ,

Hope that helps .

Thanks Alf. Motorised screen with tab tension too costly for me. Also, I hate all the squished bugs over time which is inevitable when using a rolled up screen. I wanna go for fixed screen this time to get the optimal viewing experience from the N5.

I reckon a smooth 'texture free' screen is essential because from my calculation, each 4K pixel will be approximately 0.6mm x 0.6mm when projected on a 106" screen. 

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2019, 06:24 »
Thanks Alf. Motorised screen with tab tension too costly for me. Also, I hate all the squished bugs over time which is inevitable when using a rolled up screen. I wanna go for fixed screen this time to get the optimal viewing experience from the N5.

I reckon a smooth 'texture free' screen is essential because from my calculation, each 4K pixel will be approximately 0.6mm x 0.6mm when projected on a 106" screen.

Yes, fixed screen is the best for home theatre enthusiast like most members here. I’m using a Carada screen from US since 2012 and have not failed me simply because of rolling mechanism over time. Of course like u mentioned, it takes up a whole lot of space especially in a living hall. Some wife may not approve of it.

Offline kaydee6

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2019, 06:50 »
Go for fixed or at least a tab tension screen.

Offline whitesox

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2019, 08:15 »

Squished bugs ?
I wonder how can it happen? surely before you rolled it up, you need to check whether there is a bug resting there or not?
if you have dedicated room then fix screen is a good choice, free from cicak ... this deaf creature likes to poo everywhere... poo speakers and screen.
(I use bug repellent, dual sonic sound type, doesn't work)

Recommend to use tab tension screen, if your AC position is near to your screen.

;D

Offline Hero

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2019, 08:27 »
When it's late and way past ur bedtime after a movie, the last thing on your mind is to check for bugs hiding on your 106" screen, especially the back of the screen which is all BLACK ah  ;)

I should know since i have been using 106" screen (dalite and remaco) since 2011. Love every inch of it. Still do after all these years. Have absolutely no desire to look at those 60, 70, 80 inch TV displays at the shops.  :)

And since my family and I love big screens so much....... we just took the plunge and got the N5, with a litle nudge from our current projector ae7000 which just so happen to die on us. It's fate lah  :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:38 by Hero »

Online alf

• Let your experience define your choice "View It"
    • www.entheos.com.sg
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2019, 10:42 »

The tap tension is more costly because to have best result it has to be custom made with ( Large roller system heavy drop bar with bigger motor to make it quitter .   
A black border is spray all round to obtain the 16:9  format with custom black drop on top . Even with all the mechanical thing in place,there still be some pros and con on Tap Tension screen  ( wider casing length wise to accommodate side taps ) room condition to consider , installation possibility movement to site ........ETC

With the same type of mechanical system apply with a fiberglass base has far more lesser issue again it also does have its pros and cons .

It is a command issue if insect get stuck any of this type of material it can be remove best fast before the insect leaves some stain marks on the screen .

Hence fixed is still the best for 100% flatness projection surface , that's  why you don't see any proper cinema or theatre has motorize screen . Fixed screen also have pros and cons material is expose to element and people touching or drawing on it , dusty velvet frame , mould or fungus attack , lizard or insect nesting .......ETC

So to choose screen have to consider a bit more thought into it of their differences .

Most brands screen will have proper advice on what type of screen is most best suited for the room . They will ask for room humidity test , mounting site , shipping into site possibility and is it possible to do what you desire . Best to ask lots of question before getting the screen choice . Other important consideration warranty , services, material or parts is it available and for how long .

Hope that helps
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 18:36 by alf »
Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
      Optical Tech / Metal Fabricator NTC/ ( ISF Trained Dealer)
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI White , Phantom Grey and Black Mambo II for different ambient application screen. JKP 709 calibration disc / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 11:06 »
When it's late and way past ur bedtime after a movie, the last thing on your mind is to check for bugs hiding on your 106" screen, especially the back of the screen which is all BLACK ah  ;)

I should know since i have been using 106" screen (dalite and remaco) since 2011. Love every inch of it. Still do after all these years. Have absolutely no desire to look at those 60, 70, 80 inch TV displays at the shops.  :)

And since my family and I love big screens so much....... we just took the plunge and got the N5, with a litle nudge from our current projector ae7000 which just so happen to die on us. It's fate lah  :)

Congrats.

Offline c722

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2019, 21:10 »
tab tensioned screen is as good as fixed. And it's neat.
I dun have problem on insects.
But I have big problems on molds ! :( This is branded Stewart some more.