Author Topic: Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors  (Read 20871 times)

Online kaydee6

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2019, 10:40 »
Bad marketing for the both jvc and econ.

Offline avo

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2019, 10:43 »
This is a PR disaster for econ av.

Offline Andreasgursky

• Snr Member
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2019, 10:49 »
Valerie Neo/ECON AV, I urge you retract your post, apologise to Desray, and the X’Place user community. Otherwise, this is going to end in tears, yours. It’ll start with a formal letter of complaint to JVC-Kenwood Singapore about your belligerent public posting using their name.

Don’t say you weren’t warned.

+1 Public Apology is definitely needed

Offline nickyviii

• Snr Member
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2019, 11:37 »
i think that the official distributor has a right to find out about this "local dealer", since they are the official authorized distributor in sg

desray

1. did u check the authenticity of the dealer? if the dealer is not an official local distributor, you should change your statement in your earlier post to state that there is NO OFFICIAL LOCAL warranty from local sg distributor. the pj will be an expensive paperweight if it breaks down

2. if the dealer is not an official local distributor, i hope that not many people in the forum follow your advice and bought from this local dealer that you recommended, warranty and repairs would be an issue.

Offline bluepill193

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2019, 12:33 »
Might have missed something but I thought all that was said is about ETA of the projector and warranty. No recommendations were made to buy from the seller, at least not publicly.

Offline Basshead

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2019, 12:40 »
i think that the official distributor has a right to find out about this "local dealer", since they are the official authorized distributor in sg

desray

1. did u check the authenticity of the dealer? if the dealer is not an official local distributor, you should change your statement in your earlier post to state that there is NO OFFICIAL LOCAL warranty from local sg distributor. the pj will be an expensive paperweight if it breaks down

2. if the dealer is not an official local distributor, i hope that not many people in the forum follow your advice and bought from this local dealer that you recommended, warranty and repairs would be an issue.

I don't think he even named the dealer who sold him the set.

Offline willshaw

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2019, 19:38 »
Typical PR disaster for econ av.

Offline corga

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2019, 22:08 »
Frankly I am very discouraged by whats happening here. What started as a simple post has suddenly escalated to the extent that its caused more discomfort and unease among the forum members than the original post ever did. Let's keep these types of things out of this forum and if people have something private to discuss then that's what the PM's are for. This is absolutely bad PR for Econ/JVC who till now have had a great reputation.

Just my humble opinion.

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2019, 18:27 »
Dear All in Xtremeplace

It seems that my last post had been misconstrued by some that we are after Desray. I apologize if our good intentions had been taken negatively.

Our concern is that there are "some people/companies" who have imported sets which are not covered by local warranty or are using these export sets to deceive the prospective customers into purchasing and claimed that they are warrantied by the local manufacturer. We are also concerned that if sometime down the road they may have lost interest for the products or ceased operations, and all those who bought from them will be in a dilemma for aftersales service (if needed).

This is the purpose why we made clear indication that the new JVC "N" series will come with the local warranty card. As such, irregardless which local dealers the customers purchased from, they will be assured the service rendered by the local Service centre.  We believe this will be more transparent.

Why we requested for Desray's cooperation ...........? This is because he may be innocently being "used" by that "unknown source with an agenda to garner more sales with early delivery promise". Our concern is Desray may be put in a tight spot for disseminating untruthful information unknowingly and unintentionally to those who seek his advice with the many PMs he received.

If the source happens to come from any of the local dealers who used unethical tactics with false promises to gather more sales, we will deal with this accordingly as we take this matter very seriously as it affects other dealers' efforts and fair competition.

The legal aspect was also perceived in the wrong context. I am merely indicating it can happen to anyone who may release fake/unconfirmed info unknowingly and affecting certain parties who may seek legal recourse to put the wrong, right. Why would we be taking legal action against Desray....? Afterall, he had already placed an order with a local dealer. We are merely seeking his kind understanding to share for the good of others.

We understand projectors are just one of the many items in doing up a full HT system setup and that lots of customers prefer to buy from whichever audio companies they are working with to integrate as a system.  We believe we should make these projectors available to all potential audio dealers as part of their package offered to their customers in a more accessible way rather than being exclusive and limited.

I hope I have clarified the situation and I believe Desray also have all your interests at heart to buy from the right dealer to safeguard all your investments.

Thanks once again for hearing us out and wishing all a Happy Lunar New Year.

VALERIE NEO
Director of Sales
ECON AV CONCEPTS PTE LTD

We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

BadEnglish

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2019, 19:05 »
Why we requested for Desray's cooperation ...........? This is because he may be innocently being "used" by that "unknown source with an agenda to garner more sales with early delivery promise". Our concern is Desray may be put in a tight spot for disseminating untruthful information unknowingly and unintentionally to those who seek his advice with the many PMs he received.

I still can't convince that you/JVCKENWOOD Singapore need his cooperation. If he had been cheated on local warranty , are you implying that you area going to honour ?

Let me repeat again, I'm not a follower or admirer of Desray,  but both of your 2 posts don't make sense.

Offline Spectre

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2019, 20:04 »
Dear All in Xtremeplace

It seems that my last post had been misconstrued by some that we are after Desray. I apologize if our good intentions had been taken negatively.

Our concern is that there are "some people/companies" who have imported sets which are not covered by local warranty or are using these export sets to deceive the prospective customers into purchasing and claimed that they are warrantied by the local manufacturer. We are also concerned that if sometime down the road they may have lost interest for the products or ceased operations, and all those who bought from them will be in a dilemma for aftersales service (if needed).

This is the purpose why we made clear indication that the new JVC "N" series will come with the local warranty card. As such, irregardless which local dealers the customers purchased from, they will be assured the service rendered by the local Service centre.  We believe this will be more transparent.

If the source happens to come from any of the local dealers who used unethical tactics with false promises to gather more sales, we will deal with this accordingly as we take this matter very seriously as it affects other dealers' efforts and fair competition.

The legal aspect was also perceived in the wrong context. I am merely indicating it can happen to anyone who may release fake/unconfirmed info unknowingly and affecting certain parties who may seek legal recourse to put the wrong, right. Why would we be taking legal action against Desray....? Afterall, he had already placed an order with a local dealer. We are merely seeking his kind understanding to share for the good of others.

We understand projectors are just one of the many items in doing up a full HT system setup and that lots of customers prefer to buy from whichever audio companies they are working with to integrate as a system.  We believe we should make these projectors available to all potential audio dealers as part of their package offered to their customers in a more accessible way rather than being exclusive and limited.

I hope I have clarified the situation and I believe Desray also have all your interests at heart to buy from the right dealer to safeguard all your investments.

Thanks once again for hearing us out and wishing all a Happy Lunar New Year.

VALERIE NEO
Director of Sales
ECON AV CONCEPTS PTE LTD
I understand your need to clarify and your concerns from perhaps a legal and sales standpoint. But that still does not excuse the belligerent and confrontational tone. The use of formal letter heads and all these 'legalese' is totally uncalled for. Misunderstandings like these should just be clarified first in a civil manner at a personal level before blasting in such a way in a public forum. Such acts only make you look defensive and desperate...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Online kaydee6

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2019, 21:07 »
Well the clarification did not clarify the original post. The original post seems to be putting Desray as the instigator of the whole issue. At least that’s how I read it.

Offline kelvinsin

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2019, 23:00 »
千年道行一朝丧。。。
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6LCR, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Velodyne SPL800i, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P
Stereo: Auralic Altair, Music Fidelity M6i

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2019, 06:34 »
I have dealt with Peng econav many times and even though I haven’t always purchased from him (because of where I live), he’s always been great with service and advice and knowledge. And he’s always been patient with many others in the forum.

I am inclined to attribute this to a misunderstanding and an obliquely worded document.

FWIW being in this industry in Australia, I know getting an exclusive distribution for a product line is a pretty tough process with many concessions and costs associated with taking on and distributing the brand. And being stymied by grey imports can be a very aggravating experience especially when the recalcitrant dealers are misrepresenting the terms to end users.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2019, 10:35 »
I think Doggie has pointed out some relevant points here and I feel that we should all take a break and let the matter rest.