Author Topic: Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors  (Read 18139 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors
« Reply #210 on: March 28, 2019, 17:55 »
The Pioneer LX-500 ‘s HDR>SDR BT2020 conversion produces some of the best picture quality in the JVC N7 I have seen. It is even better compared to the Panny UB-420 which I also owned.

But for HDR, the Panny UB-420/820/9000 with its proprietary HDR Optimiser is a league of its own. However do take note that The black floor in HDR presentation is raised somewhat which affects the black levels. This reduces the “pop” contrasty effects when viewing movies with dimly litter scenes. To reduce this effect, one will have to reduce the overall brightness of the projector by -2 to -3.

Pros and Cons of a slower DI in the new N series Projectors
This time round for the new JVC N series projector, JVC have improved the DI performance in terms of its speed in opening and closing the Iris which minimise the problem with “white subtitles or object” blooming or “pumping” effects against a black background. However the cons that comes with slower DI speed is the poor “fade to black” and vice versa intra-scene. This has a detrimental effect on the black levels since the Iris is unable to close fast enough for the swift and smooth transition from a bright scene to dark scene. And this can be rather apparent if one is susceptible to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JayKrishna

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Official Thread: JVC N Series Native 4K Projectors
« Reply #211 on: March 29, 2019, 11:55 »
Hi Hero,
Just curious to know,
Have you got your unit?

Below is your message on 26th Jan.
Offline Hero
Trade Count: (0)
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2019, 10:11 »
Looks to me like an irresponsible JVC seller giving out unsupported promises to secure more sales for himself is the root cause here.

On the brighter side, I am grateful that Econ AV has helped to secure and confirm a 2 year warranty for us buyers, and also give caution to potential buyers to be careful about ensuring your purchases are supported by local warranty.

Desray's well meaning posts was unfortunately caught in the crossfire.

Let's drop the negatives and move on with the positives ok

Offline Hero

« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2019, 13:48 »
Not yet. I was just informed a few days ago by Econav of a delay due to new board production by JVC in April, and the new target date is now May 2019. I was given option of a full refund or continue to wait.

Since i currently have a working Epson 8350, i decided to wait. Also knowing i will be getting a more updated unit come May.  :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 13:50 by Hero »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #213 on: April 06, 2019, 10:55 »
Today’s demo session for the N7 has been cancelled as I’m hosting some overseas guests later in the evening. Apologies to those who have expressed their interest. I’ll try to set up another session sometime next week.

Cheers.

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #215 on: April 23, 2019, 23:37 »
Some have PM'ed me to ask about the performance of the 3D...and I'm happy to report that it works GREAT! You can use the normal RF glasses like the Samsung SSG series which came with the Samsung TV circa 2013-2014.

Offline Count

« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2019, 08:58 »
Shootout between the best JVC and Sony projectors, as calibrated by Kris Deering (who reviewed the NX9 in the link couple of posts above). Quite surprised at how close the NX7 is to the NX9 in terms of actual performance. Too bad they didn’t test the entry level NX5.

https://www.thescreeningroomav.com/single-post/2019/05/01/Initial-Results-From-Our-April-2019-Sony-and-JVC-4K-Projector-Expo-Shootout-Event

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #217 on: May 30, 2019, 15:45 »
New firmware version 2.07 for the NX series is out today

Download: https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/download/dla-nx9_dla-nx7_dla-nx5_dla-n7_dla-n5_dla-n11_dla-n8_dla-n6_dla-rs3000_dla-rs2000_dla-rs1000/dl.html

Changelog:
- Stability fixes.

;)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #218 on: May 30, 2019, 20:34 »

Offline ralfale

• Trade Count: (+1)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2019, 11:35 »
Received a tip-off that the stock for the new N series JVC projectors finally coming to Singapore soon. The difference between N5 and N7 lies with the P3 filter. If you are a person that values wider color gamut at the expense of 20-30% drop in overall light output (not an issue if your screen is not >120" imo) then the N7 model will be a good value proposition. However if you value light output over wider color gamut, then N5 will be a good choice and you also get to save a more $$$ which can be diverted to purchase more physical 4K UHD bluray discs or even a Panny UDP-820 to start taking advantage of the HDR Optimiser.

Looking forward to more members joining the club. :)

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2019, 13:40 »
Received a tip-off that the stock for the new N series JVC projectors finally coming to Singapore soon. The difference between N5 and N7 lies with the P3 filter. If you are a person that values wider color gamut at the expense of 20-30% drop in overall light output (not an issue if your screen is not >120" imo) then the N7 model will be a good value proposition. However if you value light output over wider color gamut, then N5 will be a good choice and you also get to save a more $$$ which can be diverted to purchase more physical 4K UHD bluray discs or even a Panny UDP-820 to start taking advantage of the HDR Optimiser.

Looking forward to more members joining the club. :)

Nice.

Desray, how do u find the tone mapping on the jvc N7?  How is the ST2084 tracking on the JVC N7?

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2019, 13:48 »
Nice.

Desray, how do u find the tone mapping on the jvc N7?  How is the ST2084 tracking on the JVC N7?

Very good for a lamp based native 4K Projector imo.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2019, 14:02 »
Very good for a lamp based native 4K Projector imo.

Very nice ! I Guess that’s the price you pay for the quality :)