Author Topic: Sony stops manufacturing Digital Cinema Projectors  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Doggie Howser

• Trade Count: (0)
https://www.digitalcinemareport.com/news/sony-stop-manufacturing-digital-cinema-projectors

WOAH

this is different from home projectors.. but still big news
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: Sony stops manufacturing Digital Cinema Projectors
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 14:48 »
Christie and Barco will reign supreme...hope it doesn’t affect the home projector division. :P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Cutie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Snr Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 16:49 »
Sony doesn't see any more future in cinemas & multiplexes after Covid-19.
Future generations may have no what idea what a real cinema looks like...
This move sounds a chilling death knell for GV, Shaw & EngWah

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 02:38 »
Maybe am wrong , but I have not know of any cinema in SG using Sony DCP.
Is all Liz , only 3 hv it Barco+ Christie+ ( DP > sold off, so Sony hv a chance but well the liz in the first place is for DLP chip set not any other …...long story cut short ,end of the games )
Sony service center hv a mico LED cine display ,that is their next move.
AudioControl,Gallo acoustic, JVC, Ken Kreisel, Starke Sound, FocusView, Rose HiFi, Rythmik, Xgimi, Zidoo UHD2000

From time to time we may sell off New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new, we will dispose off the box.

All posts
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline econav

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 02:40 »
https://www.digitalcinemareport.com/news/sony-stop-manufacturing-digital-cinema-projectors

WOAH

this is different from home projectors.. but still big news
They try , but too bad late to capture the market.
AudioControl,Gallo acoustic, JVC, Ken Kreisel, Starke Sound, FocusView, Rose HiFi, Rythmik, Xgimi, Zidoo UHD2000

From time to time we may sell off New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new, we will dispose off the box.

All posts
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 12:41 »
Maybe am wrong , but I have not know of any cinema in SG using Sony DCP.
Is all Liz , only 3 hv it Barco+ Christie+ ( DP > sold off, so Sony hv a chance but well the liz in the first place is for DLP chip set not any other …...long story cut short ,end of the games )
Sony service center hv a mico LED cine display ,that is their next move.

Years ago I remember Sony was used in Bugis Junction when it first opened up?

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline econav

Sony stops manufacturing Digital Cinema Projectors
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 15:34 »
Years ago I remember Sony was used in Bugis Junction when it first opened up?
Yes, Both Barco and Sony was there , the end day goto Barco .
Was it Shaw are they still there ?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 15:41 by econav »

All posts

Offline Corona11

• Never take a Windtalker seriously.......
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 05:03 »
SXRD is not robust and degrades easily, it is even stated in the article. I had a Sony HW40es and the panel longevity is horrible, DLP is the way to go for heavy usage.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline alf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Let your experience define your choice "View It"
    • www.entheos.com.sg
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 10:42 »
13 or 14 years back I was at CEDIA infocomm, Stewart Film screen did the screen sponsorship of a large fixed screen . I was also given a chance to set up and also view the first generation 4k SXRD chip by Sony cinema projector .

The concept was to provide a new higher resolution and able to cover the large screen with pixel less viewing . The projection screens are cinema perforation and the format is not fixed , these was to able accommodate advertisement 4:3 , Movies Preview format 16:9 and lastly movies 2.35 . They uses the curtains to do masking as for now it will be not as much on masking because the projectors can do better blacks or calibrated .

Back than there is two system between Digital Cinema Vs E cinema  ( Sony , Barco ,Christie digital , Digital Projection Inc , Panasonic. Kodak " JVC " Chip ) Those are the major brands which are available .
There is 3 major panels LCD , DLP and SXRD / DILA.

During that time Home Cinema 720 p was standard and 1080 was about to launch so it exciting time .

The challenge for the chips to handle well under long operating time and yet maintain its quality .

Now for Home Cinema Projector already come to true 4k panel or UHD panels . Which most movies are in 2.35 format and 16:9 for some .

Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
      Optical Tech / Metal Fabricator NTC/ ( ISF Trained Dealer)
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI / Natural White , Phantom Grey / Black Mambo II / (New Titanium Grey & Black Crystal )  increase contrast in different ambient condition .JKP HD calibration disc  / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 11:21 »
I feel for the cinema Operators here and worldwide, saw this on the net

Seats All mouldy and fungus after covid19, looks like it needs lotsa maintenance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 12:25 »
I feel for the cinema Operators here and worldwide, saw this on the net

Seats All mouldy and fungus after covid19, looks like it needs lotsa maintenance

Oh god! That’s really bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline alf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Let your experience define your choice "View It"
    • www.entheos.com.sg
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 13:20 »
Humidity is no 1 problems for all lens related equipment , CD , Records ,DVD , bluerays  Power amps, projectors , screens ....

Best to get a dehumidifier it will reduce the chance of fungus or moulding . You do have to switch it on and control it . That is why I always don’t advice client to install their projector in the false ceiling .

Theses fungus or mould growth can cause permanent damage on optical surfaces , once they stay too Long it will cause pit holes on lenses and CD .

Short term pain Long term gain.
Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
      Optical Tech / Metal Fabricator NTC/ ( ISF Trained Dealer)
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI / Natural White , Phantom Grey / Black Mambo II / (New Titanium Grey & Black Crystal )  increase contrast in different ambient condition .JKP HD calibration disc  / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 13:45 »
Humidity is no 1 problems for all lens related equipment , CD , Records ,DVD , bluerays  Power amps, projectors , screens ....

Best to get a dehumidifier it will reduce the chance of fungus or moulding . You do have to switch it on and control it . That is why I always don’t advice client to install their projector in the false ceiling .

Theses fungus or mould growth can cause permanent damage on optical surfaces , once they stay too Long it will cause pit holes on lenses and CD .

Short term pain Long term gain.

+1...

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2020, 22:20 »
It seems like shaw theatre Singapore is watching us...

In the meantime, in Shaw Singapore ....

One of the reasons why I prefer shaw Punggol, nicer bass, better seat to seat sound quality, picture quality is decent, cleaner, best of all, I don’t have to tilt my head upwards to watch the movie, the seats are upward rising, so we tilt our heads down when watching a movie, much nicer

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal