Author Topic: Magnepan owner in Singapore  (Read 8503 times)

Offline joamonte

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • audiophile
Re: Magnepan owner in Singapore
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2019, 16:15 »
Someone told me FM acoustics power amp is not a good match with Magnepan? Anyone with this two brand experience ?

Offline lcheetec

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2019, 13:19 »
Just found out the tweeter repair kit is in country, so waiting for delivery. And it's a super long weekend, so might be Tuesday.

I also hooked up the speakers (SMGc's, used). One side works beautifully, no buzz, just wonderful music (using the CD from the Nov hifi show). The other side definitely has problems in the highs, so either tweeter or cap. The mids and lows are all ok, again no buzzing, so I think it's likely the tweeter. I'll also be investigating electrical connectivity first, just to make sure.

Listening to the working side mono, with a Dayton amp bridged to mono and an LG Blu-ray playing the CD. Enjoying it. My daughter walked in, and she said "what a large bluetooth speaker!"

Daniel
Upper Changi

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 13:37 by lcheetec »

Offline lcheetec

« Reply #77 on: Today at 17:03 »
I connected it up this morning, and it's tweeting again!

Now waiting for the Super77 to dry a little more before I apply the Miloxane/FastBond. Then I'll staple the socks, re-attach the sides, legs, then voila!

Sent from my vivo 1813 using Tapatalk

Offline Fai

« Reply #78 on: Today at 17:54 »
You can use a light layer of acetone to remove the discolouration on the bonding layer for the wires.

If you want to get a cleaner look that is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lcheetec

« Reply #79 on: Today at 19:00 »
Thanks for looking and the suggestion, @Fai. I'm just very thrilled the work paid off.

Can't wait to hook both up. Will bring back memories of my first pair almost 30 years ago.

Daniel

Sent from my vivo 1813 using Tapatalk