Author Topic: HDB off The Central antennae? Now FM also cannot received?  (Read 1856 times)

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: HDB off The Central antennae? Now FM also cannot received?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2019, 13:24 »
The transmitter already turn off, the current band for the ANT not able to pass thru the New freq  band.
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
All used items will not come with cable.
For viewing of used items. text@96387418
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968

Offline pcking

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm just an audio/video enthusiast!
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2019, 14:30 »
I would think it's bcos of $$$.

I wonder why HDB didn't revive the master antenna system?
The master antenna can continue to deliver the FM radio / DVB-T2 / future FTA signals to the HDB homes.
"The worse of the two is he who, when abused, retaliates. One who does not retaliate wins a battle hard to win."

Offline Retrotube

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2019, 22:31 »
I've had to dig up the supplied FM antenna for my AV amp. At least I have my tuner reception restored now. I wonder what they are going to do with the central antenna, if they are going to do anything at all.

I did the same thing. Recovered a vintage T-wired FM antenna and blutack to a wall to experiment.
Wifey frowning...hidden in a false ceiling would be better.The reception not that great overall, and 2
stations not listenable at all.
Definitely needs some form of FM signal amplification and direction adjustment, I think...
I still have a trusty old antenna amplifier (mains powered) to further try out with a car whip antenna
lying somewhere in one of the junk boxes. All local stations, may want to get rabbit ears type to try...