Author Topic: HDB off The Central antennae? Now FM also cannot received?  (Read 5027 times)

Offline BTW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
Re: HDB off The Central antennae? Now FM also cannot received?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 08:27 »
External Antenna will definitely work.. or else the all the cars in Singapore suddenly all got no radio.

Offline alvin01

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 16:10 »
I've had to dig up the supplied FM antenna for my AV amp. At least I have my tuner reception restored now. I wonder what they are going to do with the central antenna, if they are going to do anything at all.

Offline ginkgonut

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 16:45 »
I read it as ginkonut thought his tuner is faulty so he send to agent to check and repair. Since he now know that it is the antenna that is the problem there is no repair needed or done. So he is hoping the agent will refund the amount he paid for sending in his tuner.

Yes, this is the situation.

Offline ginkgonut

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 17:06 »

When I read in this forum on the situation I wrote an email to Mr Lawrence Teo yesterday :

"..I have looked up this website and discovered that it is probably due to the HDB switching off the whole analog antennae.
If this situation is confirmed to be true, would your company refund the service charge that I have paid. "

Item was sent in towards 11.30 yesterday and email was sent around 7.30 just after what I read here. I am of the presumption that a company in the Audio, Video business and repair technician ought to know about the discontinuation of Analog transmission.

I do not know whether it has been sent for repair yet but whatever, I am just asking the owner.
If the business model is to forfeit the s/c then I have no choice but to accept t as otherwise I won't be able to get my tuner back never mind if co. or tech know or do not know that Analog is no more available  which is a moot point.

Offline jerome_the_lang

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 17:36 »
Many companies, (if not all) were not informed.

BadEnglish

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 17:36 »
When I read in this forum on the situation I wrote an email to Mr Lawrence Teo yesterday :

"..I have looked up this website and discovered that it is probably due to the HDB switching off the whole analog antennae.
If this situation is confirmed to be true, would your company refund the service charge that I have paid. "

Item was sent in towards 11.30 yesterday and email was sent around 7.30 just after what I read here. I am of the presumption that a company in the Audio, Video business and repair technician ought to know about the discontinuation of Analog transmission.

I do not know whether it has been sent for repair yet but whatever, I am just asking the owner.
If the business model is to forfeit the s/c then I have no choice but to accept t as otherwise I won't be able to get my tuner back never mind if co. or tech know or do not know that Analog is no more available  which is a moot point.

After reading a few posts of yours , I'm start thinking of suing the doctors,  nurses,  and the hospital that treated my late father because his disease was wrongly diagnosed first.

Perhaps you might ring the boss of the company. If he still refuse,  send him a lawyer letter.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 17:39 by BadEnglish »

Offline kelvinsin

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2019, 17:53 »
After reading a few posts of yours , I'm start thinking of suing the doctors,  nurses,  and the hospital that treated my late father because his disease was wrongly diagnosed first.

Perhaps you might ring the boss of the company. If he still refuse,  send him a lawyer letter.
Lol..well said.
Its seems like not everybody know there is something called “diagnostic service charge”, which common in electronic and computer hardware.

And its so serious now when the company who offering the service been correlate with its reputation matter..wow...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 17:55 by kelvinsin »
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6LCR, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Velodyne SPL800i, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P
Stereo: Auralic Altair, Music Fidelity M6i

Offline ginkgonut

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 18:19 »

For the benefit of forumners, I have received an email from Mr Lawrence Teo who has graciously asked me to go and collect the tuner and he will refund me the $64.20 if it is the case that Analog transmission is no longer available in Sg.

As GST of $4.20 has been logged it would not be fair for me to accept the full amount.

Hope that this episode renews our faith in the belief that there are businesses with integrity. In fact this company has been mentioned several times for friendly service and competitive pricing on Marantz cdp by an active old forumner.

Thanks to all forumners on their positive and well considered opinion.

Very much appreciate.

Offline kelvinsin

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 18:24 »
Nowadays maintain business really tough...whatever types of customers also has....
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6LCR, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Velodyne SPL800i, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P

Online Jsen

• Diamonds are NOT Forever while Silence is Golden
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2019, 20:31 »
Lol, I've clients who want us to service the items which they'd bought 10 years ago. Guess what, they want the service to be foc. If everyone are like those clients of mine, then most of the companies would be closed down sooner than later.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 20:59 by Jsen »
Dynamics are the essence of how well you can feel the emotions and sentiments from the maestros and what they are trying to propose.

Offline Wilber

• Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2019, 21:05 »
geez... disgusting
Marantz AV8802A, JBL Professional Speakers Powered by Harman Crown DCI amps. Zidoo X9S. Clef Cleansource Power Regenerator, Optoma UHD65, Panamorph Lens, Prismasonic Curve Frame with UF Fabric, Fibaro Home Automation.

Offline pcking

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm just an audio/video enthusiast!
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2019, 23:33 »
Just want to clear some doubts & do correct me if I’m wrong.

1) Analog Radio transmission has no changes at all so there isn’t a need to inform. Unlike Analog TV transmission, it has been widely broadcasted that it will be switched off by 31st Dec 2018.

2) HDB antenna wall outlets has been “discountinued” since the day SCV, now StarHub took over the antenna infrastructure.

3) I think SH is the one who “switched off” their antenna wall outlets due to SH no longer need to deliver the analog TV signals anymore. Regardless of whether it’s Mediacrop channels or SH paid channels as SH has already migrated to using IPTV delivery to kerb illegal set top box from “stealing” their programs feed.

Radio Air transmissions will never be terminated as that is 1 of the mode of public broadcast in times of emergencies. So if you think your FM tuner is faulty, I think the least you could do is to unplug the antenna from the wall outlet and test if you can receive via off the air.

Lastly, to eliminate reception issues, use internet radio like what I do.  :P

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 14:04 by pcking »
"The worse of the two is he who, when abused, retaliates. One who does not retaliate wins a battle hard to win."

Offline kelvinsin

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2019, 13:03 »
Next time if anyone car cant start becoz key not putting in and just call car tow service no need worry, with their integrity for sure they will not charge you because you have no right to do basic isolation check before call them. I’ve learnt a good lesson.

Offline alvin01

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2019, 13:09 »
Just want to clear some doubts & do correct me if I’m wrong.

1) Analog Radio transmission has no changes at all so there isn’t a need to inform. Unlike Analog TV transmission, it has been widely broadcasted that it will be switched off by 31st Dec 2018.

2) HDB antenna wall outlets has been “discountinued” since the day SCV, now StarHub took over the antenna infrastructure.

3) I think SH is the one who “switched off” their antenna wall outlets due to SH no longer need to deliver the analog TV signals anymore. Regardless of whether it’s Mediacrop channels or SH paid channels as SH has already migrated to using IPTV delivery to kerb illegal set top box from “stealing” their programs feed.

Radio Air transmissions will never be terminated as that is 1 of the mode of public broadcast in times of emergencies. So if you think your FM tuner is faulty, I think the least you could do is to unplug the antenna from the wall outlet and test if you can receive via off the air.

Lastly, to eliminate reception issues, use internet radio like what I do.  :P

You're quite right.  Here's an extract of StarHub's FAQ on the cessation of analogue platform:-

Free-to-air radio channels on Analogue platform
1. Why am I unable to get any radio signal from the FM outlet of the StarHub cable point?

Free-to-air radio signals on the Analogue platform will be ceased on 1 January 2019 as it is part of the overall island wide effort to go Digital.

2. How can I continue to get the radio signal from the FM outlet of the StarHub cable point after 1 January 2019?

The free-to-air radio signal is not part of StarHub’s service offering. Hence, we are not the appropriate party to advise on alternatives to receive free-to-air radio signals.

3. I am a StarHub TV subscriber, and using the FM outlet from the StarHub cable point to get the radio signal, will I be affected too after 1 January 2019?

From 1 January 2019, you will not be able to receive the radio channels through the FM outlet via StarHub’s cable point. Free-to-air radio signals on the Analogue platform will be ceased on 1 January 2019 as it is part of the overall effort for all TV Broadcast to go Digital.

4. Are there any replacement and/or compensation for the radio signal discontinuation after 1 January 2019?

The free-to-air radio signal is not part of StarHub’s service offering so there will be no free replacement and/or compensation.

(http://www.starhub.com/business/support/tv/aso-faq.html)

Just need some advice on the use of the supplied antenna of my receiver: if the antenna wire is too long, is it a no-no to twirl up and bundle the excess length? Will this degrade the quality of the reception?

Offline Boxerfan88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Life begins at 7000rpm
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2019, 13:21 »
I wonder why HDB didn't revive the master antenna system?
The master antenna can continue to deliver the FM radio / DVB-T2 / future FTA signals to the HDB homes.
Soekris dac1541 | DA&T A38  | Usher MD2+X616 | Orisun DD12 | Samsung PS50B850 | Elementa BAC 2500 |
Yammy RXA3030 | RPi3+Kodi | BDP-S5100 | PC+foobar2000 | Chromecast