Author Topic: HDB off The Central antennae? Now FM also cannot received?  (Read 3038 times)

Offline james46

• Trade Count: (+13)
 Hi. Anybody encounter this too? My audio only tuners now having problem receiving fm programmes. I thought only analog TV is off. Look like FM also gone along with it  ??? :'(

Offline alvin01

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: HDB off The Central antennae? Now FM also cannot received?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 18:57 »
Hi. Anybody encounter this too? My audio only tuners now having problem receiving fm programmes. I thought only analog TV is off. Look like FM also gone along with it  ??? :'(

I have the same problem at my condo. First noticed it on 2 Jan morning. Have asked management office to look into this but they haven't given me an update yet.

Offline james46

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 19:01 »
I think it’s true. I checked with some regular radio listeners and all same effect. I think people handling this overlook the fm radio part. They just off the whole thing !

Offline james46

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 19:04 »
I mean to say they just shut down the whole analog antennae since MediaCorp no longer broadcast analog tv. But they forget we still need it for FM radio.

Offline ginkgonut

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 19:50 »

I sent my Audiolab 8000T to ParAudio ( part of City Electronics ) on referral by their UK principal  this morning

after I got a reply from Lawrence Teo to my email dated 4th Jan,  for which I paid $64.20 for service charge.

I have just written to Lawrence Teo referring to this likelihood affecting Analog Tuners and hope that he will refund me the Service charge if it is a fact that all tuners cannot use HDB Antennae.

I just hope he is understanding enough to do the right thing and maintain a good image and company branding.

Offline jerome_the_lang

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 21:04 »
I sent my Audiolab 8000T to ParAudio ( part of City Electronics ) on referral by their UK principal  this morning

after I got a reply from Lawrence Teo to my email dated 4th Jan,  for which I paid $64.20 for service charge.

I have just written to Lawrence Teo referring to this likelihood affecting Analog Tuners and hope that he will refund me the Service charge if it is a fact that all tuners cannot use HDB Antennae.

I just hope he is understanding enough to do the right thing and maintain a good image and company branding.

This is not the repair person fault tat analog radio kena stopped.
He has done the job for you.
Please pay him what he is due.
Dun be such a cheapskate.

Main System:
Sources: EMM Labs TSDX / DAC2X v2
Amplifiers: Sony TA-E1, TA-N1
Speakers: Sony SS-M9ED
Cables: Straightwire Crescendo and Serenade interconnects, Straightwire Serenade double run speaker cables

2nd System:
Sources: ELP Laser Turntable, Project RPM9.1x with Otofon 2M Bronze, Pass Labs Aleph Ono
Amplifiers: Pass Labs XP20, X350
Speakers: Sony SS-M9ED
Cables: Pro-Ject RCA CC Phono cable, Straightwire Crescendo interconnects, Straightwire Crescendo double run speaker cables

Offline kelvinsin

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 22:09 »

Am i misunderstand or you really asking the company which diagnosed/repaired your set to refund you as your set has no issue but just garment shut off hdb fm transmission?
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6LCR, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P
Stereo: Auralic Altair, Music Fidelity M6i

Offline james46

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 22:29 »
I read it as ginkonut thought his tuner is faulty so he send to agent to check and repair. Since he now know that it is the antenna that is the problem there is no repair needed or done. So he is hoping the agent will refund the amount he paid for sending in his tuner.

Offline bigbird

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 22:31 »
Does the radio only impact for HDB? I was taking taxi yesterday and the taxi uncle was listening to FM radio.

Offline andylovesaudio

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 22:47 »
I read it as ginkonut thought his tuner is faulty so he send to agent to check and repair. Since he now know that it is the antenna that is the problem there is no repair needed or done. So he is hoping the agent will refund the amount he paid for sending in his tuner.

That’s the way I read it too. But the thing is paraudio might not appreciate being “arm twisted”... no matter how subtlely...into giving a refund for service charge...in a public forum. I don’t think many ppl would.

Offline BTW

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 23:10 »
That’s the way I read it too. But the thing is paraudio might not appreciate being “arm twisted”... no matter how subtlely...into giving a refund for service charge...in a public forum. I don’t think many ppl would.

The thing is many were caught unaware of this problem...... If servicing work has been done.... then IMHO it's perfectly fair to charge for servicing.

Offline alvin01

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2019, 23:18 »
Does the radio only impact for HDB? I was taking taxi yesterday and the taxi uncle was listening to FM radio.

Not confined to HDB. I have the same problem at my condo.

Offline alvin01

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 23:26 »
The thing is many were caught unaware of this problem...... If servicing work has been done.... then IMHO it's perfectly fair to charge for servicing.

I’m of the same opinion. It’s just an unfortunate situation. The man did work in good faith so it’s reasonable for him to be paid.

Offline fgchong

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 05:32 »

Both my radios at home used external antenna.  You can still received FM signal using this method.

Offline james46

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 08:16 »
I just used a cheap Y or T type indoor antenna can receive already.