Author Topic: Lyngdorf thread  (Read 20407 times)

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
Re: Lyngdorf thread
« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2019, 12:33 »
Wonder if they are using the same silicon that Emotiva is using and having issues with on the RMC
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #211 on: May 15, 2019, 13:59 »
Hey guys, ill see you this sunday 19th May19. Heads-up, one of the Seaton Sub is having an air leak, i think the gasket or glue or something is out. Screws tightening didnt help, the flapping and leakage sound is back after mondays Massive Game of Thrones EP5 dragon Scenes. Dont think the replacement driver will reach Singapore in time for the change, but we will still go ahead with the demo and sharing session.

See you guys! Please dont buy anything, dont worry yea, just come and enjoy, relax and exchange views.

1st session
2pm-3.30pm

1. Wizardofoz
2. Redragon118
3. Mutant

2nd session
3.30-5.00pm

1. Djblackfm
2. LamInIn
3. Skate
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 18:00 by ronildoq »

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #212 on: May 20, 2019, 00:03 »
Thanks bro for a great session, was interesting to see and hear the things you had gone thru and ended up with to get your desired sound installation. Impressive sound bubble. Very interested to follow what’s coming next with the Benq setup.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Online Lam1n1n

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2019, 07:32 »
Thanks Brother.  I enjoyed yesterday’s session.  It was awesome.  The great timing and decay of sound with the low floor noise indeed resulted in the amazing clarity of sound.  The punch of your 4 Seatons were exhilarating - my first experience of how deep bass and so called “Kancheongness” meant, despite you saying there is leakage in one of your Seatons.

All the tracks you played, except one, offered stunning feel sensation and are ear-opener, and now a reference for me.  You were honest to point out the one that need further tweaking  of your sound matrix map for four upper front speakers.

Appreciated your dedication to achieving the best sound sensation achievable from your Lyngdorf and your speakers, and and your willingness to share, and your great hospitality.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2019, 07:59 »
Glad to hear everyone is enjoying the session :)

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2019, 11:46 »
Was a pleasure meeting everyone yesterday , Glad all of u enjoyed the session. Great sharing session

I’ll hold the next demo when the seatons air leak issue has been fixed, together with the BenQ PJ with AT screen, looking forward to that one too

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2019, 12:12 »
Was a pleasure meeting everyone yesterday , Glad all of u enjoyed the session. Great sharing session

I’ll hold the next demo when the seatons air leak issue has been fixed, together with the BenQ PJ with AT screen, looking forward to that one too

Wow...you run too hot for your LFE until your Mark Seaton blown?!

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #217 on: May 20, 2019, 12:27 »
Wow...you run too hot for your LFE until your Mark Seaton blown?!

Not really, more of glue or sealant not properly done, QC issue... I don’t run it very hot because of the 4, one of the areas I went for the 18” is because of the headroom, the subs are actually cruising at higher SPLs ...

That’s the disadvantage when buying and shipping overseas, no local support if there is issue... thank god mark is sending me the replacement driver and some sealant with instructions... so some learning DIY experience now... lol

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Lyngdorf thread
« Reply #218 on: May 20, 2019, 12:28 »
Not really, more of glue or sealant not properly done, QC issue... I don’t run it very hot because of the 4, one of the areas I went for the 18” is because of the headroom, the subs are actually cruising at higher SPLs ...

That’s the disadvantage when buying and shipping overseas, no local support if there is issue... thank god mark is sending me the replacement driver and some sealant with instructions... so some learning DIY experience now... lol

Glad to hear that it can be easily fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #219 on: May 20, 2019, 12:30 »
Thanks bro for a great session, was interesting to see and hear the things you had gone thru and ended up with to get your desired sound installation. Impressive sound bubble. Very interested to follow what’s coming next with the Benq setup.

Pardon my kids, they seem to like u ! Haha, they have this bad habit simply touching people and saying things... lol , I told them wizard is coming, they were like is that the male wizard ? Not the witch ? I said yea. They asked, is he the scary wizard with the hat ? Lol then they saw u... and u know the history...

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2019, 12:35 »
Pardon my kids, they seem to like u ! Haha, they have this bad habit simply touching people and saying things... lol , I told them wizard is coming, they were like is that the male wizard ? Not the witch ? I said yea. They asked, is he the scary wizard with the hat ? Lol then they saw u... and u know the history...

Ahem...I can attest to that...LoL

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #221 on: May 20, 2019, 12:36 »
Ahem...I can attest to that...LoL

Lol ... oops ☺️☺️

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #222 on: May 20, 2019, 12:37 »
Lol ... oops ☺️☺️

In a good way of course...

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #223 on: May 20, 2019, 16:26 »
Kids have no agenda and tell it like they see it...the spell didn’t work but it’s the thought counts :D they are good kids...hope they had as fun a day out as we guests had in.

Offline mutant

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #224 on: May 20, 2019, 18:38 »
(This post will be posted twice; both at Ronildoq thread & Desray thread.)
I have the opportunity to audition both guys setups on the weekends. Managed to listen to the same demo clips on both setups. Here is a short summary for both powerhouse:-
Firstly, both Desray and Ronildoq are very great hosts! Feel at ease with their hospitality and friendliness.
Both are quite different in their setup. One in a living room using a tv (Ronildoq) using ceiling speakers for Atmos, the other in a dedicated room using a projector with reflective speakers for atmos (Desray).
For both places, I coincidence sat beside the most prime area.
Desray playing  mostly around -25dB below reference, while Ronildoq playing around -15dB below reference.
Both displays are superb! My 1st viewing of 4K with HDR10 combo. The blacks and whites levels very wide dynamic range, make it seems more realistic as compared to my older JVC HD projector. I could not find any issue; except personally I will go smaller abit than Desray 110 inch widescope for his room, and larger abit then Ronildoq 65 inch tv for his hall.
Both have very low floor noise, but Ronildoq hall have the sensation of you can have a conversation with another person with slightly more clearer hearing; feels strange but good ( I’m not talking about equipments).
Both sound systems details are very clear, enveloping seamlessly, immersive, the minute details, wide dynamic range, attack, speed, timbre, cohesion all spot on.  Abit hard who is better; coz from a 23 hour time gap apart, not easy. I believe both systems high-end room correction software really helps in this.
A very small nit-pic for both systems the airplane Atmos demo feels slightly confusing the direction of the airplane movement at the start; but sounds correctly when tapering off.
Maybe due to reflective speakers for Desray and  Ronildoq tweeters facing away and the matrix front height with front ceiling.
I am really blown away by their very high-end setup. And thanks again to Desray and Ronildoq for being such awesome hosts!
And thanks to Wilbur for the tips to me & Desray on the Zidoo player.
Nice meeting WizardOz again and also the rest at Ronildoq home.