Author Topic: Lyngdorf thread  (Read 17512 times)

Offline winwinc81

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lyngdorf thread
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2019, 19:12 »
Haha, Long story !! Don’t worry, feel free to shoot good or bad, need more bass or less bass. I won’t be offended. We can only improve ourselves through constructive debate, which is healthy.

Yes the type of midbass that you heard is not like the drum beat hard hitting type. And you r right, it is a preference built over time. Previously used to like those hard hitting type. I specifically tuned it to have the extension down Low, so you will notice that bullets being fired, will hit with midbass then extends down Low bass. It’s unlike the midbass modules or KK type of hard hitting midbass piercing the heart type. slightly different feel. And you have rightfully picked up, I prefer clean deep bass with extension, not the ported energy hard hitting with authority deep bass.

The entire set up, is geared towards superior timing above anything else . So every single detail is present . The moment the bass mask out the details, that is when I know it’s too hot, and I lower down. That’s my benchmark

Glad you enjoyed the session! Thanks for the disc and the kuih kuih too and to all members who visited. Glad everyone enjoyed ! Nice to meet you guys too

Next session will be in May after the BenQ demo, awaiting Alf to announce so no clash

yeah awesome! i do question myself at time, am i too deliberate in the bass in my setup, is my setup covering or masking off the details ... at times i want the details, thus changing a bass preset, at times i just wanna whack, feel all the power in some action movie, i just change another preset... just a personal thingy you see... same goes for demo... if you invite an action movie goer, change one preset that suit their taste, they will like your setup, same goes, if you invite someone who likes all the details and moderate to less bass, again they will like your setup, get another thumbs up!

however, a lot of times people take in too many opinions and too many comments, they take it so so hard that they forgotten how THEY themselves want the sound to be, they make themselves unhappy by making other people happy, getting many many thumbs up... in the end, making themselves unhappy and miserable by not getting OR knowing what they want anymore...

at the end of the day, you enjoy your own fruit of labor, share knowledge, making tweaks and achieving what benefits you. if it doesn't benefit you, just change back. what matters most if individual enjoyment, till something comes up again which worth all the hassle to re tweak the system. :D

cant thank you enough for the host. pls allow me to drop by again next time for therapy session. you definitely have eye bleeding PQ and breathtaking SQ.

please share your findings on disc vs compressed files too!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 19:15 by winwinc81 »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2019, 21:14 »
Finally had the time to sit down and get down for this review 😊 and BIG THANK YOU for this invite. Super eye opener. now i feel so mediocre.  :P

Room
Heavily treated, low noise, slight ringing sound (could be my ear), can hear pin drop for sure. The only thing that you can hear will be the A/C. Panels were big and nice. Strategically placed to fend off any continues sound gaps. Don’t think my wife will allow for such hardcore treatment :P

SQ
Simply WOW. Noticed the placement of the subs on the top left corner and the gaps between the left and surround left speakers, potential sound gaps from the “pretty” long arc, surprisingly I did not notice the sound gaps…it pans continuously seamlessly and nicely. To me this is the most amazing part.

Surround heights for Atmos sound great. Maybe due to the height lower than usual, I thought it sounded a bit louder than usual. Having said that, it’s an 8 inch in ceiling after all. While the loudness of the atmos does not really concern me a lot, it definitely brings out the intended sound that the movie wants you to hear.

Floors speakers pans nicely no doubt about it. I strongly believe the diffusers got a big part to play. While I only sat on the MLP at later part of the demo session, im glad I was offered the GOLDEN seat after that. The sound pans and blend so well that it feels sensational!!! Ron, i dont mind the leaf demo got replayed a few more...and a few more more more more times lol.

The bass. While this is REALLY subjective and personal preference, I apologize in advance if I sound offended in anyway. I’m very used to ported subs, low rumbling and hard-hitting mid bass, hence it may not apply to Ron’s preference.

Firstly, I can feel the tingling sensation on my leg hair. The same sensation from what I experience at desray’s, just that it’s more, feels fantastic! I feel that this is something which it will be difficult to achieve in my room mode.

The rumbling, like I said its subjective to personal preference, I feel that the seaton can do a bit more to bring out more rumbling feel.

For the midbass, if can add a little more will be nicer... But this could be Ron’s preference, Again I trust that the seaton can do more for sure.

Now what I REALLY like about the bass is the cleanliness. It is fast for sure… and now I learnt what is call “fast” sub! Something I like VERY MUCH! Bro Ron, can we change sub for a week to test at my living hall? Lol

The sound timing from all the speakers hits at the same MLP spot at the same time. Something really worth learning from Ron here…believe all AVR can do this? Maybe? Still need to take skills to master this! Really looking forward for the REW session

PQ
What seen can’t be unseen. All I can say is my eyes bleed… members, just go and make your eyes bleed too, TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Overall experience
Can really see a lot a lot A LOT of efforts being put in. Sound panning experience simply enchanting! Having someone so welcoming, friendly, willing to share and to teach is really nice. Hope that someday I can reach this kind of level of skills. Looking forward to learn more from you bro. Am I glad that we stay near each other? Don’t worry bro, I won’t stalk you muahahahaha

I really give my hats to you for giving such a detailed analysis of what you experience each time you visited a member's place for a demo session. I really hope to see more members open up to give comments...Don't be afraid of giving comments...good or bad, it doesn't really matter. AFAIK, those who cannot take constructive criticisms, pls do everyone a favor by not inviting member to your house for any form of demo.

After reading such a "vivid" experience, I can feel almost feel that I have "heard" Roni's fantastic setup...and yes, it is definitely a labor of love that Roni has had put in over the last few weeks. Good job Roni!

BTW before I forget, it is good to have a low noise floor...but make sure don't be "too dead-silent" until "ringing of the ear" type which can be rather uncomfortable for normal days. Hard to imagine how your family members can take it.

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2019, 21:41 »
It’s nice really with the improved noise floor, it averages 30db, I find that I don’t have to shout at my kids all the time, like come for your bites and meal. We can speak softly and everyone can hear each other clearly. Speech intelligibility improved leaps and bounds. Every pronunciation of words is crystal clear, especially with kids and they pick up very fast. When the tone is gentle, the response is better 😉

Even during documentary and sometimes music, my kids can memorise the whole lyrics from the songs. Really good.

A good room with Low noise floor  makes a lot of difference to the whole experience, as you will notice, the noisiest in the chain is the 15 year old air conditioner! Waiting for it to kaput so I can change it to the Mitsubishi silent ones , then it’s done !!

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2019, 21:47 »
I really give my hats to you for giving such a detailed analysis of what you experience each time you visited a member's place for a demo session. I really hope to see more members open up to give comments...Don't be afraid of giving comments...good or bad, it doesn't really matter. AFAIK, those who cannot take constructive criticisms, pls do everyone a favor by not inviting member to your house for any form of demo.

After reading such a "vivid" experience, I can feel almost feel that I have "heard" Roni's fantastic setup...and yes, it is definitely a labor of love that Roni has had put in over the last few weeks. Good job Roni!

BTW before I forget, it is good to have a low noise floor...but make sure don't be "too dead-silent" until "ringing of the ear" type which can be rather uncomfortable for normal days. Hard to imagine how your family members can take it.
Thank you Desray. I love to go for demo at Bros place for as far as I have the time. I get the chance to see, and to learn from the bros. Not wanting to be a in the well too..

I have to say that the kind of setup Roni have, he can really save up the bucks from walking into Cinema. Better spend the time doing other things until a favorite show is available in physical disc... Watching it at the comfort of his very own home

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2019, 21:53 »
Yes I hope that our community will benefit when we share our knowledge, just like the rice sack thing. It sounded like a joke initially, rice sack on a subwoofer cabinet ?? But it really works! The science behind , its awesome ! It’s nice and we should share and help each other improve

Next demo will be on a Sunday as well, session will be 2-3.30 and 3.30-5pm, 3 slots reserved, pm me if you keen to experience the lyngdorf mp50, seatons and SMT with Atmos .no fixed date as of now , will be either 2nd or 3rd Sunday of the month

Offline Djblackfm

« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2019, 22:26 »
Yes I hope that our community will benefit when we share our knowledge, just like the rice sack thing. It sounded like a joke initially, rice sack on a subwoofer cabinet ?? But it really works! The science behind , its awesome ! It’s nice and we should share and help each other improve

Next demo will be on a Sunday as well, session will be 2-3.30 and 3.30-5pm, 3 slots reserved, pm me if you keen to experience the lyngdorf mp50, seatons and SMT with Atmos .no fixed date as of now , will be either 2nd or 3rd Sunday of the month
Which slot not reserved? Hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If we don't share or exchange knowledge we won't grow & understand. Be more open, Share & Learn.

Offline rock123

• Trade Count: (-1)
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2019, 22:30 »
Hi Guys,

Am happy to see passions bro willing to experience it, hear, feel and share write up ,
which most important is to enjoy your setup.

Back to room treatment, will anybody willing to spend $5k or even $10k on room treatment?
I am never a room treatment guy and will never spend this amount of $$ on that.
Well after visiting Roni Bryan's well done treatment with the SMT diffusors, PSI , traps , bad ceiling etc,
can really tell lot of efforts and time was spent and really satisfied experience and time to enjoy the fruits  ! :)

I know what i heard in Bryan's place and i never noticed those background details that I am missing before.
I have really gained the priceless knowledge of how immersive the details upon watching a movie which one can fully enjoy. 

When i move house in the next few years, i will definitely lock in a considerable budget for room treatment in the very first priority reno before even placing the carpet, speakers, subwoofers etc.

Last but not least, this forum community sharing definitely help bros to have have a feel and exposure of HT environment in your home with a relax ultimate enjoyment.

Enjoy HT Bros!
Pure 100% Home Theatre Lover @7.3.4
1996 Sunfire Cinema Grand l Flagship Onkyo RZ-3100 11.2 
Klipsch KLF-30 Legend Towers KLF-C7 Tractrix® Horn
Sub 1: Rythmik FV18 @900WRMS(Nearfield) Sub 2: Rythmik FV15HP @600WRMS
Sub 3: SVS PB12-Plus/2 @900WRMS down-firing dual 12.3" three 4" Ports
Ultimate Cinema!: Motorized 16:9 150" Screen *BenQ W1070+ 3D DLP 1080p

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2019, 22:58 »
Next slot for May reserved for 4 members

1. Dhblackfm
2. Wizardofoz
3. LamInIn
4. Redragon118

Will be available if any member pulls out. Thereafter next session will be June Sunday again same timing , 4 slots. Dates to be confirmed.  PM me if anyone else keen.

Offline Djblackfm

« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2019, 18:50 »
If we don't share or exchange knowledge we won't grow & understand. Be more open, Share & Learn.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #204 on: April 26, 2019, 18:26 »
Next slot for May reserved for 4 members

1. Dhblackfm
2. Wizardofoz
3. LamInIn
4. Redragon118

Will be available if any member pulls out. Thereafter next session will be June Sunday again same timing , 4 slots. Dates to be confirmed.  PM me if anyone else keen.

Hey guys, confirmed dates will be 19th May’19

1st session
2pm-3.30pm

2nd session
3.30-5.00pm

Let me know if you can make it. See ya !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Djblackfm

« Reply #205 on: April 26, 2019, 18:30 »

Hey guys, confirmed dates will be 19th May’19

1st session
2pm-3.30pm

2nd session
3.30-5.00pm

Let me know if you can make it. See ya !

Hello bro,

3.30pm to 5pm please.

Just incase I've many questions & overshot the timing.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #206 on: April 26, 2019, 18:33 »
Hello bro,

3.30pm to 5pm please.

Just incase I've many questions & overshot the timing.

Bro, no problem at all , it’s good to share your experience with the MP-50 as well. Look forward to seeing you

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #207 on: May 07, 2019, 13:49 »
Hey Guys, Skate will join us as well....

1. Dhblackfm
2. Wizardofoz
3. LamInIn
4. Redragon118
5. Skate

So here is the order for the demo clip

1. Atmos Jungle clip --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/14rDOVaM5ipZ6jQe2jTBAU2qS0RK7VDm7/view?usp=sharing . Using this scene to test the overall "Room Feel"

2. Atmos Cube clip --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/13RxXrTzTmsdh4NRvdKRdgxWe2w8Atg4_/view?usp=sharing . Using this to test the surrounds and overheads with Bass

3. Atmos Cute Girl clip --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LFEZnxyjjfUy2OVyTTSH83eZN3mMST8c/view?usp=sharing . Using this to test back speakers and panning of image

4. Atmos Leaves clip --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n5mANor8osV85ZwKbU49oWggqzk1rD_k/view?usp=sharing.  Using this to test the moving bass, "Phantom" width Channels once the bubble is complete

5. Atmos A Quiet Place --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pfwhAFgw3wzVKmwVdP5GG8orP5kdn0v-/view?usp=sharing . Testing for Dynamic range and Room Criterio

6. Max Payne --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VLPBVObttCb_kAUWH8TfviUKnWciqW8_/view?usp=sharing. Testing for Midbass with extension down to deep bass on bullet scenes for an 18'. Transient Attack

7. Real Steel --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KnaBaOT9UBnAr7QZ_d05Ghj3Bs4E68No/view?usp=sharing . Twin Bots fighting scene. Testing for Goosebumps on the Seatons

8. Underworld Lycan --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SWLN12djwfkritF_RWfy1x6xPxTfuL2x/view?usp=sharing. Testing for Deep bass transient attack and speed of the bullets

9. Lone Survivor --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/17adRI_2cX13DtIYVa5TLsX9eej1hg4ak/view?usp=sharing . Testing for Single Digit Infrasonic deep bass

10. Avengers Infinity War --> Testing for HDR-X video done by Tekno3D, tone mapped source file

Thats about it, we can have other test clips like rain, helicopter, 747 boeing, santeria.... This will give you an idea of what the Lyngdorf is capable and how the Noise floor in the room helps. Levels played at -15 above reference. (previously used to listen at -10, but with a lowered noise floor, -15db seems good)

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #208 on: May 07, 2019, 14:03 »
Hey Guys, Skate will join us as well....

1. Dhblackfm
2. Wizardofoz
3. LamInIn
4. Redragon118
5. Skate

So here is the order for the demo clip

1. Atmos Jungle clip --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/14rDOVaM5ipZ6jQe2jTBAU2qS0RK7VDm7/view?usp=sharing . Using this scene to test the overall "Room Feel"

2. Atmos Cube clip --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/13RxXrTzTmsdh4NRvdKRdgxWe2w8Atg4_/view?usp=sharing . Using this to test the surrounds and overheads with Bass

3. Atmos Cute Girl clip --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LFEZnxyjjfUy2OVyTTSH83eZN3mMST8c/view?usp=sharing . Using this to test back speakers and panning of image

4. Atmos Leaves clip --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n5mANor8osV85ZwKbU49oWggqzk1rD_k/view?usp=sharing.  Using this to test the moving bass, "Phantom" width Channels once the bubble is complete

5. Atmos A Quiet Place --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pfwhAFgw3wzVKmwVdP5GG8orP5kdn0v-/view?usp=sharing . Testing for Dynamic range and Room Criterio

6. Max Payne --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VLPBVObttCb_kAUWH8TfviUKnWciqW8_/view?usp=sharing. Testing for Midbass with extension down to deep bass on bullet scenes for an 18'. Transient Attack

7. Real Steel --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KnaBaOT9UBnAr7QZ_d05Ghj3Bs4E68No/view?usp=sharing . Twin Bots fighting scene. Testing for Goosebumps on the Seatons

8. Underworld Lycan --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SWLN12djwfkritF_RWfy1x6xPxTfuL2x/view?usp=sharing. Testing for Deep bass transient attack and speed of the bullets

9. Lone Survivor --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/17adRI_2cX13DtIYVa5TLsX9eej1hg4ak/view?usp=sharing . Testing for Single Digit Infrasonic deep bass

10. Avengers Infinity War --> Testing for HDR-X video done by Tekno3D, tone mapped source file

Thats about it, we can have other test clips like rain, helicopter, 747 boeing, santeria.... This will give you an idea of what the Lyngdorf is capable and how the Noise floor in the room helps. Levels played at -15 above reference. (previously used to listen at -10, but with a lowered noise floor, -15db seems good)

awesome! thanks for the share!

Offline Djblackfm

« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2019, 10:59 »
Updates on the HDMI Boards

http://lyngdorf.com/news-hdmi-upgrade-program/