Author Topic: Lyngdorf thread  (Read 19699 times)

Offline kennyluck2000

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lyngdorf thread
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2019, 22:56 »
Finally ahh.... after all the tinkering, tweaking, experiments, testing etc , wonderful journey ! So much experience gained in the process . I’m sure there is more to come, but for now sit back and relax, one final piece is the PJ with 150” to complete it.

👍 nice to have big 150" screen

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2019, 23:01 »
Confirmed for Sunday 14th April demo

1st session 2-3.30
A) Kennyluck
B) Rock123

2nd session 3.30-5pm
A) Winthur
B) Den9893

See you guys soon ! Feel free to comment, good bad anything, no problem at all, open minded no hard feelings, just shoot ! Hehe
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 18:08 by ronildoq »

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2019, 23:12 »
Damn wish I could have made it but that day got too much on with F1 China race (Mrs wont want to watch it without me) and guests to watch too, but this processor is high on my list of contenders to upgrade to Atmos capability
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 23:17 by wizardofoz »
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2019, 23:15 »
Damn wish I could have made it but that day go too much on with F1 China race (Mrs wont want to watch it without me) but this processor is high on my list of contenders to upgrade to Atmos capability

Next round in may19 no worries, djackblackfm has confirmed. I’m only free in Sunday’s. Weekdays will be tough with kids classes and Badminton etc

Good stuff, gotta hear it yourself to believe

BadEnglish

« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2019, 23:27 »
Next round in may19 no worries, djackblackfm has confirmed. I’m only free in Sunday’s. Weekdays will be tough with kids classes and Badminton etc

Good stuff, gotta hear it yourself to believe

For the benefit of others, how many folds your system has been improved compare with before renovation and new processor, and how much does it cost.

Offline ralfale

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #185 on: April 07, 2019, 10:39 »
Finally ...! Time to fully enjoy the fruits of your labour ;)
This will be the demo hall of xp members for a long long time

Offline kennyluck2000

« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2019, 17:05 »
Thanks Bryan for your invitation.
This was my 2nd trip visiting Byran place.
1st visit propose was to audit the Active Bass trap.
During that time room was not fully treated with acoustic panel and diffuser.
This time my 2nd visit with all the acoustic treatment in places surround sound become so immersive, clear and detail.... it is definitely worth every penny spend....
Once room done it right everything sound so good... 8) 8) 8)
Watching movie in this room has so much enjoyments.. :-*
This is a idea room to showcase to our forum members how a room should be done properly if you want to have good sound produce from your system  ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 17:20 by kennyluck2000 »

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2019, 17:50 »
Glad you enjoyed Kenny ! It’s always nice to exchange views and learn from each other. Glad u liked the 18” midbass. That’s how I like it too. And moved away from 12” subs. No matter how the 18” is in a different league. Today winwin got the experience of goosebumps , haha

And another experience for u guys on the Tekno3d, the best source material around for HDR 4K

Glad everyone enjoyed the session, next session will be in May19. Will advise again the date

Offline rock123

• Trade Count: (-1)
« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2019, 19:23 »
Thanks so much Bryan for inviting.
I must say your setup is AWESOME . :D

The living room area is really calm and quiet. ( I can just hear your air-con behind)
The first impression looks of the Stacked Seatons look huge to me. :)

A few demos impressed me.
A quiet place really showcase the details and that " clock" ticking .
Can felt the sweeping bass and also " wind " :)
Mid bass is solid, hit immediate hard.

Timing sia.
I guess the diffusors and the room treatment really bring it up to another level.
And the needed space is there, showing the imaging prowess of the surrounds.

No horse run bro.
Last but not least, i will go rewatch my avengers details. The Tekno3d outshining all the details

Enjoyable session! Enjoy HT!

Pure 100% Home Theatre Lover @7.2.4
1996 Sunfire Cinema Grand l Flagship Onkyo RZ-3100 11.2 THX® Select2™
Klipsch KLF-30 Legend Towers KLF-C7 Tractrix® Horn
Sub 1: Rythmik FV18 @900WRMS(Nearfield)
Sub 2: SVS PB12-Plus/2 @900WRMS down-firing dual 12.3" three 4" Ports

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2019, 19:37 »
Thanks so much Bryan for inviting.
I must say your setup is AWESOME . :D

The living room area is really calm and quiet. ( I can just hear your air-con behind)
The first impression looks of the Stacked Seatons look huge to me. :)

A few demos impressed me.
A quiet place really showcase the details and that " clock" ticking .
Can felt the sweeping bass and also " wind " :)
Mid bass is solid, hit immediate hard.

Timing sia.
I guess the diffusors and the room treatment really bring it up to another level.
And the needed space is there, showing the imaging prowess of the surrounds.

No horse run bro.
Last but not least, i will go rewatch my avengers details. The Tekno3d outshining all the details

Enjoyable session! Enjoy HT!

Glad u enjoyed !

Offline Den9893

« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2019, 08:39 »
Thanks Bro Roni for the invitation to visit his home theatre.

The moment we walked into Bro Roni's home, we can recognized that this is a heavily 'accoustically' treated area. The feel and RT is like a hall in a theatre or the like. The bass traps, absorption panels and diffusers were positioned strategically for a purpose. The noise floor is also at a very low level. When the sound system is muted, you only hear the air-conditioner.

Bro Roni took his time to demonstrate the various clips he had prepared to showcase his Home Theatre ie Dolby Atmos Surround, mid to low bass sweep, Teckno 3D pictures' quality & details and etc. The overall experience is first class and his set up is excellent. Like what Bro Kenny mentioned in earlier post, this is the bench mark for Home Theatre. We did discussed briefly about REW, Lyngdorf Sound Processor, Seaton Subs and other hardwares.

Bro Roni is a passionate & knowledgeable enthusiast who is willing to share what he learns in this journey here...kudos for a job well done! ;D

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2019, 08:49 »
Thanks Bro Roni for the invitation to visit his home theatre.

The moment we walked into Bro Roni's home, we can recognized that this is a heavily 'accoustically' treated area. The feel and RT is like a hall in a theatre or the like. The bass traps, absorption panels and diffusers were positioned strategically for a purpose. The noise floor is also at a very low level. When the sound system is muted, you only hear the air-conditioner.

Bro Roni took his time to demonstrate the various clips he had prepared to showcase his Home Theatre ie Dolby Atmos Surround, mid to low bass sweep, Teckno 3D pictures' quality & details and etc. The overall experience is first class and his set up is excellent. Like what Bro Kenny mentioned in earlier post, this is the bench mark for Home Theatre. We did discussed briefly about REW, Lyngdorf Sound Processor, Seaton Subs and other hardwares.

Bro Roni is a passionate & knowledgeable enthusiast who is willing to share what he learns in this journey here...kudos for a job well done! ;D

Nice meeting you bro, Glad everyone enjoyed the session, midbass, deepbass, moving bass, goosebumps bass... I personally enjoyed it too. Hope it will give you guys an idea on various set ups and what type of sound signature you like best. And also if it’s too loud or too soft etc

That’s how I like the set up, tune it without disturbing neighbours but still feel the pressure and every single detail. The SMT wings diffusor is just too good

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2019, 08:57 »
I forgot to demo that Lycan machine gun shooting scene for  lowbass speed for rock123 and Kenny . That’s actually a good scene to test the speed for Low bass, how fast the 18” woofer copes.. missed out, but u guys got a good experience

You will notice how the lower midbass extends to deep bass there from the bullet scenes

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2019, 16:04 »
Finally had the time to sit down and get down for this review 😊 and BIG THANK YOU for this invite. Super eye opener. now i feel so mediocre.  :P

Room
Heavily treated, low noise, slight ringing sound (could be my ear), can hear pin drop for sure. The only thing that you can hear will be the A/C. Panels were big and nice. Strategically placed to fend off any continues sound gaps. Don’t think my wife will allow for such hardcore treatment :P

SQ
Simply WOW. Noticed the placement of the subs on the top left corner and the gaps between the left and surround left speakers, potential sound gaps from the “pretty” long arc, surprisingly I did not notice the sound gaps…it pans continuously seamlessly and nicely. To me this is the most amazing part.

Surround heights for Atmos sound great. Maybe due to the height lower than usual, I thought it sounded a bit louder than usual. Having said that, it’s an 8 inch in ceiling after all. While the loudness of the atmos does not really concern me a lot, it definitely brings out the intended sound that the movie wants you to hear.

Floors speakers pans nicely no doubt about it. I strongly believe the diffusers got a big part to play. While I only sat on the MLP at later part of the demo session, im glad I was offered the GOLDEN seat after that. The sound pans and blend so well that it feels sensational!!! Ron, i dont mind the leaf demo got replayed a few more...and a few more more more more times lol.

The bass. While this is REALLY subjective and personal preference, I apologize in advance if I sound offended in anyway. I’m very used to ported subs, low rumbling and hard-hitting mid bass, hence it may not apply to Ron’s preference.

Firstly, I can feel the tingling sensation on my leg hair. The same sensation from what I experience at desray’s, just that it’s more, feels fantastic! I feel that this is something which it will be difficult to achieve in my room mode.

The rumbling, like I said its subjective to personal preference, I feel that the seaton can do a bit more to bring out more rumbling feel.

For the midbass, if can add a little more will be nicer... But this could be Ron’s preference, Again I trust that the seaton can do more for sure.

Now what I REALLY like about the bass is the cleanliness. It is fast for sure… and now I learnt what is call “fast” sub! Something I like VERY MUCH! Bro Ron, can we change sub for a week to test at my living hall? Lol

The sound timing from all the speakers hits at the same MLP spot at the same time. Something really worth learning from Ron here…believe all AVR can do this? Maybe? Still need to take skills to master this! Really looking forward for the REW session

PQ
What seen can’t be unseen. All I can say is my eyes bleed… members, just go and make your eyes bleed too, TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Overall experience
Can really see a lot a lot A LOT of efforts being put in. Sound panning experience simply enchanting! Having someone so welcoming, friendly, willing to share and to teach is really nice. Hope that someday I can reach this kind of level of skills. Looking forward to learn more from you bro. Am I glad that we stay near each other? Don’t worry bro, I won’t stalk you muahahahaha

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2019, 18:34 »
Haha, Long story !! Don’t worry, feel free to shoot good or bad, need more bass or less bass. I won’t be offended. We can only improve ourselves through constructive debate, which is healthy.

Yes the type of midbass that you heard is not like the drum beat hard hitting type. And you r right, it is a preference built over time. Previously used to like those hard hitting type. I specifically tuned it to have the extension down Low, so you will notice that bullets being fired, will hit with midbass then extends down Low bass. It’s unlike the midbass modules or KK type of hard hitting midbass piercing the heart type. slightly different feel. And you have rightfully picked up, I prefer clean deep bass with extension, not the ported energy hard hitting with authority deep bass.

The entire set up, is geared towards superior timing above anything else . So every single detail is present . The moment the bass mask out the details, that is when I know it’s too hot, and I lower down. That’s my benchmark

Glad you enjoyed the session! Thanks for the disc and the kuih kuih too and to all members who visited. Glad everyone enjoyed ! Nice to meet you guys too

Next session will be in May after the BenQ demo, awaiting Alf to announce so no clash