Author Topic: Lyngdorf thread  (Read 1988 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Lyngdorf thread
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 18:05 »
Yes it is “capable” to play 9.1.6 discrete. Hardware is ready, future proof. But nobody has the codes from Dolby to decode 9.1.6. What the storm does is with two chips, one to decode 7.1.4 and the other to decode 5.1.6, this is then matrixed post processing 9.1.6 or however many channels...

But the codes will be provided soon by Dolby one would presume

Dtsx pro however, will be released to trinnov, that will render 32 channels, so the trinnov will Have  the imax enhanced and dtsx pro. None of the processors come close to the trinnov, trinnov is on its league of its own

https://hometheaterreview.com/trinnov-announces-imax-enhanced-and-dtsx-pro-support/

Offline lampsy86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 18:11 »
Yes it is “capable” to play 9.1.6 discrete. Hardware is ready, future proof. But nobody has the codes from Dolby to decode 9.1.6. What the storm does is with two chips, one to decode 7.1.4 and the other to decode 5.1.6, this is then matrixed post processing 9.1.6 or however many channels...

But the codes will be provided soon by Dolby one would presume

Dtsx pro however, will be released to trinnov, that will render 32 channels, so the trinnov will Have  the imax enhanced and dtsx pro. None of the processors come close to the trinnov, trinnov is on its league of its own

https://hometheaterreview.com/trinnov-announces-imax-enhanced-and-dtsx-pro-support/
Oh yes, it's also in a league of it's when it comes to pricing !

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 11:43 »
Haha, yea too ex, way beyond my budget ... I’ve a Friend who has it... quite complex interface as well, the distributor provides calibration and imparts the Know How

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 19:18 »
Sometimes even if we have the $$$$ to spend on say a high end equipment...it becomes a hard pill to swallow when knowing very well that you are "limited" by the space you have (typical in Singapore these days as space is a "luxury" that many of us simply do not have, especially those newer flats). First, we can't implement anything > 6 heights even the Amp allows for more...next if you are going to sit against the back wall and placement of speakers not ideal...even the highest end model will probably not gonna perform "miracle" here.

I can't stress more on the importance of getting the fundamentals right at the beginning is more important than getting the most high end AV equipment - e.g. proper placement of speakers and subwoofers. If done right, even a decent brand like Whaferdale or Tannoy speaker set can "sound like million dollars"! Of course, if you have a big space to play around with...by all means GET THE BEST THAT YOU CAN AFFORD or MONEY can buy :P

Offline lampsy86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 21:14 »
Haha, yea too ex, way beyond my budget ... I’ve a Friend who has it... quite complex interface as well, the distributor provides calibration and imparts the Know How
Hope Emotiva keeps improving on their processors. Right now it's not great, even with Dirac on board, but I assume they will get it right eventually in a couple of years, they have a 11.5.8 Dolby Atmos capable processor in the pipeline (2020-2021 I assume)
Another hope is if Marantz/Denon ditch audyssey in favour of Dirac Live ! I'm pretty sure they will be going 16 channel processing (pre-pro) soon, it is inevitable, but will they ever ditch Audyssey !
Arcam is another option in the future when they go 16 channel processing, even though they are pricey, they are still well below the price-range of Trinnov, datasat etc.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 07:43 »

Lyngdorf MP-50 in the house now ! Just received my new set from Ohm Sound, the distributor here in Singapore. Unboxing this weekend, can’t wait, but thinking of all the cable management stuff...ahhhh

Next week I’ll be having a “guest”, the Denmark engineer from Lyngdorf will be in town, and will be at my place to calibrate my set up, professionally...

I’m sure he will calibrate to his taste, buts it’s ok, I’m gonna try and pick up as much about the MP-50 from him and squeeze every inch out from this investment...

Time to pick up new EQ skills and knowledge from the engineer....

Stay tuned, lotsa good stuff coming soon ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 08:14 »
Sometimes even if we have the $$$$ to spend on say a high end equipment...it becomes a hard pill to swallow when knowing very well that you are "limited" by the space you have (typical in Singapore these days as space is a "luxury" that many of us simply do not have, especially those newer flats). First, we can't implement anything > 6 heights even the Amp allows for more...next if you are going to sit against the back wall and placement of speakers not ideal...even the highest end model will probably not gonna perform "miracle" here.

I can't stress more on the importance of getting the fundamentals right at the beginning is more important than getting the most high end AV equipment - e.g. proper placement of speakers and subwoofers. If done right, even a decent brand like Whaferdale or Tannoy speaker set can "sound like million dollars"! Of course, if you have a big space to play around with...by all means GET THE BEST THAT YOU CAN AFFORD or MONEY can buy :P

Yes u r right, fundamentals like the speaker and subwoofer placement, room acoustics, is absolutely critical. With the completion of my room acoustics now, even my LG OLED tv speakers sounds like the monitor audio speakers now, so different. It’s the first time I’m really listening to the characters of the main speakers in my hall now. Still really can’t believe, every morning I wake up and walk out to the hall, only the clock ticking sound tick tock, can be heard.

But once the fundamentals are there, the integration and EQ skills to the set up will be critical, especially for HT. And if u understand the equipment well, u can take it up to the next level. Most people don’t bother to read the forum or manual, just buy plug and play..... that way they are not fully utilising the strength and equipment capabilities

Similar to anthem, the lyngdorf is also required to put in the distance of the speakers and subs manually using a laser measurement tool. I don’t have an issue with that as I can use the Ddrc88a’s Dirac Live to calculate the accurate distance running a 1 point calibration, that includes the subs, and manually put in the numbers onto lyngdorf. Luckily I’ve not sold the second unit.

But I want to understand further the bass management aspect as I’m sure the seaton amplifiers will have delays, so the distance shouldn’t be what we measure by tape , I’ll ask the Lyngdorf engineer this question. Unless the room perfect is so advance it’s having a varying phase response on the fly?

Mp-50 users, how do u put in the distance on the subs ?

Offline sigurros

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • "What we think, we become"
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 08:21 »

Lyngdorf MP-50 in the house now ! Just received my new set from Ohm Sound, the distributor here in Singapore. Unboxing this weekend, can’t wait, but thinking of all the cable management stuff...ahhhh

Next week I’ll be having a “guest”, the Denmark engineer from Lyngdorf will be in town, and will be at my place to calibrate my set up, professionally...

I’m sure he will calibrate to his taste, buts it’s ok, I’m gonna try and pick up as much about the MP-50 from him and squeeze every inch out from this investment...

Bro, the "extra" service comes with the purchase? or need to pay?  ;D

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 08:22 »

Congrats

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2019, 08:34 »
Bro, the "extra" service comes with the purchase? or need to pay?  ;D

“Lucky” package... thanks to Ohm Sound! So happen Lyngdorf engineer will be in town, so “sun bian” ... very nice package I got, no regrets at all!

Don’t worry, I’ll share all the strengths of the mp50 and experience, so every MP-50 owner here will benefit...

Offline sigurros

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2019, 09:17 »
“Lucky” package... thanks to Ohm Sound! So happen Lyngdorf engineer will be in town, so “sun bian” ... very nice package I got, no regrets at all!

Don’t worry, I’ll share all the strengths of the mp50 and experience, so every MP-50 owner here will benefit...

Cheers bro.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2019, 12:46 »
Cheers bro.

U own the lyngdorf MP-50?

Offline sigurros

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2019, 13:07 »
U own the lyngdorf MP-50?

Not at the moment.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2019, 20:26 »

Yes u r right, fundamentals like the speaker and subwoofer placement, room acoustics, is absolutely critical. With the completion of my room acoustics now, even my LG OLED tv speakers sounds like the monitor audio speakers now, so different. It’s the first time I’m really listening to the characters of the main speakers in my hall now. Still really can’t believe, every morning I wake up and walk out to the hall, only the clock ticking sound tick tock, can be heard.

But once the fundamentals are there, the integration and EQ skills to the set up will be critical, especially for HT. And if u understand the equipment well, u can take it up to the next level. Most people don’t bother to read the forum or manual, just buy plug and play..... that way they are not fully utilising the strength and equipment capabilities

Similar to anthem, the lyngdorf is also required to put in the distance of the speakers and subs manually using a laser measurement tool. I don’t have an issue with that as I can use the Ddrc88a’s Dirac Live to calculate the accurate distance running a 1 point calibration, that includes the subs, and manually put in the numbers onto lyngdorf. Luckily I’ve not sold the second unit.

But I want to understand further the bass management aspect as I’m sure the seaton amplifiers will have delays, so the distance shouldn’t be what we measure by tape , I’ll ask the Lyngdorf engineer this question. Unless the room perfect is so advance it’s having a varying phase response on the fly?

Mp-50 users, how do u put in the distance on the subs ?

Did you ever question why even Lyndorf does that? LoL...

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2019, 20:27 »
Not at the moment.

In the look out for processor now ? Wait first I’ll be the guinea pig ... what will be priceless and invaluable is the knowledge from the engineer and how he will bring out the best in the equipment and I’ll video and share all the tips and strengths of this processor. apparently this lyngdorf and the NaD m17v.2 has the same street price in the USA , so folks are mostly going for this instead...