Author Topic: Lyngdorf thread  (Read 9607 times)

Offline sdds

• Trade Count: (+3)
Lyngdorf thread
« on: December 27, 2018, 10:53 »
Not sure how many bros  are having lyngdorf products .Just to share on this wonderful products .

I got this Lyngdorf MP 50  cinema processor from Ohm Sound  since last year Nov 2018 . The audiophile sound , room perfect EQ and ease of use is the main feature of this processor . Room perfect EQ is good for those that have minimum room treatment in their room or living hall

http://lyngdorf.com/

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrPgxBhPiRcNlMAwBQj4gt.;_ylu=X3oDMTEyc3NuZDhqBGNvbG8Dc2czBHBvcwM0BHZ0aWQDUzAzMjZfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1545907937/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.avforums.com%2fthreads%2flyngdorf-mp-50-surround-sound-processor-review.2138057%2f/RK=2/RS=KalFzqVL4fEwTlVYWnKkvFWOGlA-

https://hometheaterreview.com/lyngdorf-mp-50-av-preamp-reviewed/

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 20:07 by sdds »

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Lyndorf thread
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 11:47 »
Finally one lyngdorf thread ! I’m one of them !! Hooray !! Can’t wait...

Finish my acoustic room work first, will share our journey here !!

Offline sdds

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 12:27 »
Welcome to the family . The rest of the processor at lydnorf or higher range,we have acrus , storm, datasat , trinnov , jbl systhnesis, theta.

Offline flowerpot

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 13:24 »
I first heard the Lyndorf at the Hong Kong AV show 2018. They pair it with Raidho X1 or XT1 cannot remember with 2 subs i think. The sound was impressive.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 06:44 »
Thanks sdds for creating this thread. Hope to see more members using it. But creating awareness is the first step and both you and Ron will lead the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jag

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 07:46 »
How much does it cost?
Electronics : Denon 7200, MiniDSP Dirac 88A, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2
ATMOS Audio : Martin Logan Ethos (L&R), ML Motif X(C), ML Motion 4 (14pcs surround spkrs)
LFE : Dual Rythmik FV25HP & Crowson Motion Actuator
Video : Sony VPL-HW55ES, Stewart Screen Studiotek 1.3
Source : HTPC
Fully automated HT via Alexa, Z-wave and Logitech Harmony Remote Control

Offline sdds

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 08:01 »
Listed price $15k , i got mine for $14k.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 08:37 »
Jag, I got mine much lower, now that a year has passed. I’ll PM you if u r interested...

The built in DAC is very good, high quality components used, the design is apparently very good, especially good in the digital domain

Was comparing between the storm, NAD m17v2, lyngdorf... mainly the price, stability and performance was the determining factor I went for the lyngdorf

There is a lot of processor out there that claim to do discrete 9.1.6, but none has the Dolby Codes for 9.1.6. All 7.1.4 or 5.1.6 matrixed post processing...

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 11:28 »
Sounds like Jag might be interested to get it? LoL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline whitesox

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 16:31 »
Dont forget this piece also...
Look at their CDP, speaker, and technology... OMG, room correction for their CD Player also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd-9_f9YgsE

Offline kaydee6

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 19:27 »
Title wrong spelling.

Offline sdds

Re: Lyngdorf thread
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 20:08 »
thanks for pointing out

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 13:30 »
Lyngdorf MP-50 coming soon.....

Manual here -- > http://lyngdorf.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/MP-50-ENG-Manual-August-2018.pdf
White Paper -- > http://lyngdorf.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/MP-50-White-Paper-November-2017.pdf

Lets talk about the Cons first. 4 identified so far

1. Doesnt do Full 4k, only 4k 30hz due to bandwidth limitation 10.2g, though boards are HDMI 2.0a. Unless upgraded to new HDMI 2.1 board, which Lyngdorf has confirmed will be available at a separate cost. Does it matter to me? No. Im using Oppo HDMI out directly in to the OLED. Weakness circumvented

2. Doesnt have analog RCA connections in. Does it matter to me? No. I prefer using this with balanced cable. In fact i prefer it not have any RCA connection from a design point of view. A simple and very good cable ill be using will be the Mogami 2549 with Neutrik Gold Pins, shipped in straight from Japan.

3. Doesnt do Discrete 9.1.6. Only Matrixed 9.1.6. Does it matter to me? No. Dolby hasnt released any of the codes for 9.1.6. So every single AVR in the market now is doing post processing 9.1.6 or however many channels. Ill be hooking this up in a 7.4.8 configuration. A matrixed Centre Top channel (it takes the signal off top front + top back and does post processing to Top Centre). The other front height channel will be getting the same signal as the Top Front vide a XLR Female to 2 Male Splitter.

4. Rolls off the bass < 20hz . This is apparently now fixed with the new firmware 3.09 onwards. Great!

5. Doesn’t support Dolby Atmos vide ARC. Workaround would be to use the Oppo 205 arc and then pass through the signal to the mp50 hdmi in. Post processing must be set to Dolby upmixer ( this triggers the Atmos signal)

6. Works well only with internet explorer browser. Doesn’t work well with Firefox or chrome. When updating firmware or resetting to factory default, always use “ Internet explorer” browser instead of the other browsers that sometimes don’t seem to work

7. EDID on the mp50 still doesn’t conform to international standards on fw 3.09. Atmos sometimes doesn’t kick in. Workaround would be to play a Dolby digital encoded file first, then playback that Atmos file again then Atmos will kick in. Happens sometimes

all of which doesnt matter to me...... Will report further if i find out about the cons. I didnt classify expensive as a con, because i got it at a good deal and for what this processor can bring to the entire set up and listening experience, its good!

Will talk about whats so special about this MP-50 soon... on Paper & Real life experience... Stay Tuned..... Something very interesting with Bass Management coming up....
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 09:05 by ronildoq »

Offline lampsy86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 16:24 »
Lyngdorf MP-50 coming soon.....

Manual here -- > http://lyngdorf.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/MP-50-ENG-Manual-August-2018.pdf
White Paper -- > http://lyngdorf.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/MP-50-White-Paper-November-2017.pdf

Lets talk about the Cons first. 4 identified so far

1. Doesnt do Full 4k, only 4k 30hz due to bandwidth limitation 10.2g, though boards are HDMI 2.0a. Unless upgraded to new HDMI 2.1 board, which Lyngdorf has confirmed will be available at a separate cost. Does it matter to me? No. Im using Oppo HDMI out directly in to the OLED. Weakness circumvented

2. Doesnt have analog RCA connections in. Does it matter to me? No. I prefer using this with balanced cable. In fact i prefer it not have any RCA connection from a design point of view. A simple and very good cable ill be using will be the Mogami 2549 with Neutrik Gold Pins, shipped in straight from Japan.

3. Doesnt do Discrete 9.1.6. Only Matrixed 9.1.6. Does it matter to me? No. Dolby hasnt released any of the codes for 9.1.6. So every single AVR in the market now is doing post processing 9.1.6 or however many channels. Ill be hooking this up in a 7.4.8 configuration. A matrixed Centre Top channel (it takes the signal off top front + top back and does post processing to Top Centre). The other front height channel will be getting the same signal as the Top Front vide a XLR Female to 2 Male Splitter.

4. Rolls off the bass < 20hz . This is apparently now fixed with the new firmware 3.09 onwards. Great!

all of which doesnt matter to me...... Will report further if i find out about the cons. I didnt classify expensive as a con, because i got it at a good deal and for what this processor can bring to the entire set up and listening experience, its good!

Will talk about whats so special about this MP-50 soon... on Paper & Real life experience... Stay Tuned..... Something very interesting with Bass Management coming up....

Official quote from Storm Audio

"The StormAudio processor range supports from 16 up to 32 high-quality audio channels as well as legacy sound formats and the leading 3D audio formats currently available; Auro-3D, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
The ISP/I.ISP range is capable to deliver 16 discretely decoded channels and has the ability to go up to 32 channels of post-processing. Currently the processors deliver 16-discrete channels for 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos, 13.1 Auro-3D and 9.1.2 DTS:X. "

So is this discrete 9.1.6 or matrixed ?