Author Topic: Need some help on sibilance  (Read 3036 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: Need some help on sibilance
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2019, 21:05 »
Today went down to Alpha with my AVR, centre speaker, cable and disc. David certainly provide great support and willingness and patience to do tbe various tests and we eventually narrow it down to my cable. Bought a 14awg cable, and although while testing i find it not to be as good as his old cable  he mention that probably due to it being new.

I just put it back to my setup and must am happy with the results. The squirrel screech in Jumanji scene now sounds so much better. So I guess will swop out my fronts cables too.

While there, i test the setup with Q Acoustics 3050 and 3090 as well. The results is much better with practically no sibilance, probably due to it being warmer. Thus pretty tempted to get that.

Thanks to all the suggestions here and also to David if anybody from Alpha is reading this. Lol

Glad it worked out for you...

Online synthesis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2019, 23:05 »
Somehow I cannot believe that changing of cable has greater effect on freq response than tone control. There must be some distortion that was previously present, which one factor could be due to less than proper connector/cable contact. But whatever it is, glad that your system is working now.

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2019, 23:42 »
Thing that you will not believe or think of , is likely the problem in electronic servicing.
many Xp member don't believe a AWG 14/16 sound better then AWG 12 when come to surround.
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
All used items will not come with cable.
For viewing of used items. text@96387418
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968

Offline wcseow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2019, 00:43 »
Somehow I cannot believe that changing of cable has greater effect on freq response than tone control. There must be some distortion that was previously present, which one factor could be due to less than proper connector/cable contact. But whatever it is, glad that your system is working now.

Frankly I was sceptical too, that is till now..Lol
We try a couple of cables, with a few exhibiting the same characteristics as when using mine, before we finally decides on the 14awg