Author Topic: All about Starke Sub ( home trial for SW12 )  (Read 5050 times)

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
All about Starke Sub ( home trial for SW12 )
« on: December 12, 2018, 21:57 »
As many have received their Starke new sub SW12, SUB35,SUB36,
so here we can discuss anything and everything on the Starke range of subwoofers.
For those who are already enjoying any of this range, kindly share your inputs so that it would also benefit new prospective customers.

Looking forward to have all your sharing and meanwhile, enjoy your listening pleasure with Starke........

Info link,

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=278854.msg1287134#msg1287134
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=280103.msg1291614#msg1291614
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=278835.msg1292127#msg1292127

Black Friday offer, Collection started......
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 13:26 by econav »
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline crazysurfer

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: All about Starke Sub
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 15:21 »
Running in my SUB36 now. :)

So far so good.  ;D

Offline econav

We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline econav

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 12:03 »
Many of you text me on the SW12 , as I was in KL not able to answer in detail.
Here are the spec link
http://starkesound.com/news-feed-category/products/subwoofers/sw12
Selling $1300+7% , Full 3 year parts and service.
Coming up is Xmas special soon.....look out on the sales post.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:04 by econav »
all post

Offline econav

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 10:40 »
SUB 36 stain black with KK 12012

all post

Offline econav

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 00:02 »
all post

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 11:08 »
Peng, I will like to take this opportunity to remind you that the purpose of having this official thread for Starke product range is for sharing of reviews on performance, specs and features...and NOT blatantly put up promotional advertisements to entice members into buying. If you want to do that, pls do it in the right forum - sales and MO forum which we have allowed dealers to post their products in an open and transparent manner.

While I applaud you for the continuous efforts to bring in *new* products to the members here in X'tremeplace forum and for that we are grateful. However pls do adhere to the forum rules of not doing hard selling. If the products are good, word of mouth will spread from the members using it.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Offline econav

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 10:30 »
First programme for 2019,

Home Trial;
1)We will offer you bring home a SW12 sub to compare with your current sub.
2)You can collect a Brand new inbox, Starke sound SW12 sub tomorrow 4 Jan 2019 11am -7pm at Block 1085 # 03-36 Eunos Ave 7A.
3)You can return the SW12 on Monday, 7 Jan 2019 11am-7pm.
4)We can only offer 10 sets loan out for this trial.
5)You should sign up here and indicate what sub you have and going to compare with.
6) No payment in any kind , just your IC picture for record of loan of item.

Whatsapp @ 96387418 for detail and collection timing.
Have fun and Thanks in advance for your support
all post

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 11:58 »
Peng, just exactly how many threads you need to create for your Starke subwoofers? I will consider this as spamming...first warning issued.

Offline econav

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 13:23 »
Boss, thanks for merged into this threads.
I don't understand what is the issue, as some threads are created by Starke sound product user ?
Sales post I post it on sales , 2 channel amp I post it under audio , HT speaker I post it under HT and so on .....let me know I will correct it .
Thanks
all post

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Re: All about Starke Sub ( home trial for SW12 )
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 13:43 »
Boss, thanks for merged into this threads.
I don't understand what is the issue, as some threads are created by Starke sound product user ?
Sales post I post it on sales , 2 channel amp I post it under audio , HT speaker I post it under HT and so on .....let me know I will correct it .
Thanks

If you ask, I will definitely provide an answer and I hope you abide to it.

First and foremost, there is already an EXISTING thread created by YOU (which is this one - All about Starke Sub). As a dealer, you are most welcome to create an "official thread" for say Starke Subwoofers under the Planet Bass and that's what you did. Perfect! What's not correct which you already knew - creating another thread simply to state there is a "home trial" when you can just post it under this thread - and I no need to go to the length to merged it into one (which you already knew that and thanked me for that?). If you "already" knew about it, why then do you still want to post a separate thread in the first place?

Now for the second part of your question which you don't understand...."some threads are created by Starke sound product user, its NOT me?! Why do you single me out! That's unfair!"...WRONG! I already stated very clearly that members can choose to create their own thread to talk about their demo experience and use with the Starke subwoofers. HOWEVER, I do agreed that Mods can choose to merge everything into one...Pls leave it to us to decide when is the right time, we will use our discretion should this whole "Starke product range" ballooned out of proportion which occupies half the front page of any Planets.

Since we are talking about multiple postings of "similar products (range)", let me put it across very clearly to all dealers here...there should be NO post which "hinted" some form of hard selling of products in non-sale related segments of the forum. As a responsible dealer, you should post all "sales ads" in the Sales segment of the forum - it is NOT like we do not allocate a segment for dealers to post their products for sale.

If you think that I am single you out here, you are wrong as I have received quite a number of complaints by member here regarding your "spam-like" postings from you on the Starke product range. As such, I have to act on it so as to be fair to the other dealers here.

Hope this is clear...let me reiterate once more, I am not against you making any postings on Starke products but post in the right manner.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 13:46 by desray »

Offline keai

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2019, 15:22 »
Visited bro Kenshin’s place today, it’s the 2nd time I visited his new house this year, 1st time is this Jan, his new place was still quite messy with all the renovation on-going, this time it’s cozy and relaxing, sofa is in place with speakers well placed, small decorations make the house very lifeful. Nice!

Ken’s setup has changed over past several years, and subwoofer is the one he changes the most frequently, SVS, Rythmik, Hsu, KK and now he settled with dual Starke SUB36 in his hall, although SUB36 footprint is small, the power is not. Ken demo the underworld lycan clip as I just experienced the same scene in Bryan’s place last Sunday, and impressed by the fast/clean/powerful bass then. To my surprise, this time the bass from SUB36 is tight, clean and fast, completely different from the first time I heard this Jan, which was a bit boomby and loud, it’s likely the system was not well tuned at that point of time, and now with the subs well run-in and a lot of fine tuning, I can feel the fast energy decay in Ken’s place, as a result, even listening at low volume (MV at -25), the gunshots are impactful and well separated (the missing part is the hair standing feeling, I didn’t experience it in SUB36, which is expected, :)).

The Atmos leaf scene is another good example of the well controlled bass I “witnessed” in Ken’s setup, at soft volume of -18 (or -20, can’t remember), the bass is very balanced, right to your chest and rumble the sofa in a pleasant way. The surround effect is very immersive, all the fine details are presented, even at low volume. Although it is not as overwhelming as Bryan’s setup, owing to the very low noise floor in Bryan’s hall, it’s still very decent.

The golf scene in “Best Game Ever Played” is the demo clip I listened the first time, but it’s very impressive. The moment the golf clubs swang, the energy wave has hit you in the chest and spreading up to your head, you can’t see the ball coming, but you can feel the energy straight to your head and subconsciously you feel like shunning the invisible ball, but it’s too late, the energy hits and gone within milliseconds, until then you start to feel shiok, that’s how good it is. We tried volume at -18 and -10, at -10, 8dB louder, I didn’t feel it’s loud at all, but it’s much more impactful (I’m wondering how this scene sounds in Bryan’s system, I won’t feel surprised if my hair stands up again, haha). Unbroken the air raid scene is another good example to showcase the low frequency energy and bass texture from SUB36, the feel is very similar to what I heard in Bryan’s system, if SUB36 is able to dive deeper into ULF to fully enjoy the benefit of Bass EQ, it would be perfect.

The most enjoyable part is the concert/music clips, Ken demo 3 music clips - “Every Breath You Take” (Police), “I Will Always Remember” (Lady GaGa) and ”Never Enough” (Greatest Showman), the vocal is so clear for all 3 clips, Dynaudio center is truly amazing to reproduce the clean/natural vocal (not only for music, also for all the dialogues), the bass is very well controlled, not too much, not too less, just balanced and blended into the whole melody, and the energy is wave after wave, particularly for “Never Enough” scene, approaching the high pitch and towards the end. I got goosebumps all over. Personally I love concert and music clips a lot, even more than movies, Ken’s setup is very to my taste in music. Although I don’t know how to tell whether a sub is musical, SUB36 is to my liking in these 3 clips, I enjoyed them very much.

Overall, a very balanced and nice musical system Ken has achieved, with Dynaudio main/center + Starke SUB36, very nice sounding system even play at soft volume, what lacks is the ultra low bass, due to the limitation of size of SUB36 drivers, adding in a 18” sub (if able to integrate well with SUB36) will make the system sound fuller.

Also took the chance to learn from Ken on how to tune the system, looking forwards to visiting you again bro, and hopefully by then my system can be one or two levels up, it is a painful journey but also very exciting, :)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2019, 16:36 »
Visited bro Kenshin’s place today, it’s the 2nd time I visited his new house this year, 1st time is this Jan, his new place was still quite messy with all the renovation on-going, this time it’s cozy and relaxing, sofa is in place with speakers well placed, small decorations make the house very lifeful. Nice!

Ken’s setup has changed over past several years, and subwoofer is the one he changes the most frequently, SVS, Rythmik, Hsu, KK and now he settled with dual Starke SUB36 in his hall, although SUB36 footprint is small, the power is not. Ken demo the underworld lycan clip as I just experienced the same scene in Bryan’s place last Sunday, and impressed by the fast/clean/powerful bass then. To my surprise, this time the bass from SUB36 is tight, clean and fast, completely different from the first time I heard this Jan, which was a bit boomby and loud, it’s likely the system was not well tuned at that point of time, and now with the subs well run-in and a lot of fine tuning, I can feel the fast energy decay in Ken’s place, as a result, even listening at low volume (MV at -25), the gunshots are impactful and well separated (the missing part is the hair standing feeling, I didn’t experience it in SUB36, which is expected, :)).

The Atmos leaf scene is another good example of the well controlled bass I “witnessed” in Ken’s setup, at soft volume of -18 (or -20, can’t remember), the bass is very balanced, right to your chest and rumble the sofa in a pleasant way. The surround effect is very immersive, all the fine details are presented, even at low volume. Although it is not as overwhelming as Bryan’s setup, owing to the very low noise floor in Bryan’s hall, it’s still very decent.

The golf scene in “Best Game Ever Played” is the demo clip I listened the first time, but it’s very impressive. The moment the golf clubs swang, the energy wave has hit you in the chest and spreading up to your head, you can’t see the ball coming, but you can feel the energy straight to your head and subconsciously you feel like shunning the invisible ball, but it’s too late, the energy hits and gone within milliseconds, until then you start to feel shiok, that’s how good it is. We tried volume at -18 and -10, at -10, 8dB louder, I didn’t feel it’s loud at all, but it’s much more impactful (I’m wondering how this scene sounds in Bryan’s system, I won’t feel surprised if my hair stands up again, haha). Unbroken the air raid scene is another good example to showcase the low frequency energy and bass texture from SUB36, the feel is very similar to what I heard in Bryan’s system, if SUB36 is able to dive deeper into ULF to fully enjoy the benefit of Bass EQ, it would be perfect.

The most enjoyable part is the concert/music clips, Ken demo 3 music clips - “Every Breath You Take” (Police), “I Will Always Remember” (Lady GaGa) and ”Never Enough” (Greatest Showman), the vocal is so clear for all 3 clips, Dynaudio center is truly amazing to reproduce the clean/natural vocal (not only for music, also for all the dialogues), the bass is very well controlled, not too much, not too less, just balanced and blended into the whole melody, and the energy is wave after wave, particularly for “Never Enough” scene, approaching the high pitch and towards the end. I got goosebumps all over. Personally I love concert and music clips a lot, even more than movies, Ken’s setup is very to my taste in music. Although I don’t know how to tell whether a sub is musical, SUB36 is to my liking in these 3 clips, I enjoyed them very much.

Overall, a very balanced and nice musical system Ken has achieved, with Dynaudio main/center + Starke SUB36, very nice sounding system even play at soft volume, what lacks is the ultra low bass, due to the limitation of size of SUB36 drivers, adding in a 18” sub (if able to integrate well with SUB36) will make the system sound fuller.

Also took the chance to learn from Ken on how to tune the system, looking forwards to visiting you again bro, and hopefully by then my system can be one or two levels up, it is a painful journey but also very exciting, :)

Good job Kenshin07!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jason Yeo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm nothing...
    • nothing is perfect!
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2019, 19:37 »
Hmm... Greatest game ever played. This was 1 of the movies i liked to demo to friends during dvd days. Not sure if i still have the disc. Must dig out and try again if can find. The scene can also show how quiet is your room.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 20:06 by Jason Yeo »
Denon,Marantz,Stewart,Ayre,Furutech,PS audio Wireworld,Bettercables,RGPC,Quantum,Pioneer,SvS,Shunyata,Hifi-tuning,Auralex,Mcintosh,JBL,Equitech,silent source,exactpower,Revelation Audio Labs,elementcable,ASC,lessloss,PuristAudioDesign,Kubala Sosna,Oyaide,Nordost,EuroAudioTeam,Kimble select,SeatonSubmersive

Offline ralfale

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2019, 15:22 »
Jason is the one that introduced me to this clip. After so long, i still prefer the pressure and wind i get in your room. No horse run!

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 20:41 »
Hmm... Greatest game ever played. This was 1 of the movies i liked to demo to friends during dvd days. Not sure if i still have the disc. Must dig out and try again if can find. The scene can also show how quiet is your room.

Which scene (timestamp)?

Offline econav

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2019, 00:01 »
all post

Offline econav

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2019, 14:47 »
First upgrade for the Starke SW12 supporter ....
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=292385.0
all post

Offline Jason Yeo

• I'm nothing...
    • nothing is perfect!
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 16:06 »
Which scene (timestamp)?

You can try around 1hr 40min
Denon,Marantz,Stewart,Ayre,Furutech,PS audio Wireworld,Bettercables,RGPC,Quantum,Pioneer,SvS,Shunyata,Hifi-tuning,Auralex,Mcintosh,JBL,Equitech,silent source,exactpower,Revelation Audio Labs,elementcable,ASC,lessloss,PuristAudioDesign,Kubala Sosna,Oyaide,Nordost,EuroAudioTeam,Kimble select,SeatonSubmersive