Author Topic: Just spotted this in you tube...some familiar names in the comments  (Read 1404 times)

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ejmQ_IDgNsU&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ejmQ_IDgNsU&fs=1</a>
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline MusicEar

• Trade Count: (0)
I’ve seen over the years, the numbers of Hi-Fi shoes have shrunk down by quite a lot. I’ve a friend working there for many years and he said business has been slow, majority customers are mainly tourists and very few are locals. The trend now are mostly audio portables, headphones and probably some AV components.

I used to visit there weekends to catch up with friends but these days are quite quiet. I still go there occasionally to eat ‘Chee Cheong Fun’ from Auntie Teo Cafe, it is delicious 😋.
Holo Spring NOS R2R level 2 DAC | Holo Audio Titanis USB Regen | Auralic Aries G1 | Seagate PersonalCloud 4TB NAS | I.AMP.D linear power supply for NAS | VTL 2.5i pre & VTL MB-125 monoblock tube power amps | Dynaudio Contour 1.8mk2 floorstanding speakers | Taralabs Reference Gen mk2 audio interconnects | Alpha Goertz MI-3 speakers cables & Chord Silverplus USB cable | W-Audio power distributor terminated with WattGate plugs | Lightning DS and Roon Core

Offline atx2

Very nice!
Our Singapore Hifi show should have some young blood like
him "To start a new chapter"!!!
that's what we want... someone with a strong passions & love in audio.

Seriously I'm very tired to see our so call International show every year. I do feel shameful and sad to see this go on n on.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 15:41 by atx2 »
Analog all the way...

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
Aiyohhhhh... Ah Hiah...
New generation new blood only interest to earn big money niah lah... Ask them to study the specs and use those infos to psycho customers to sign the order bill... is more tougher than playing Medal of Honor comfortably at home lah!

Offline malsound

Very nice!

Seriously I'm very tired to see our so call International show every year. I do feel shameful and sad to see this go on n on.

Do not temp Ian, he might just do it for free.  ;D

Offline atx2

Do not temp Ian, he might just do it for free.  ;D

Nothing if "free" in this world bro.

Analog all the way...

Offline malsound

Something like the Poland Warsaw Show will be nice.  ;)

Offline Pinky

• Snr Member
I've been watching Ian for a couple of years now, he certainly has enthusiasm and dedication to purpose. Good luck to him :)

Offline Chowbotak

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Eternal Hostility against Tyranny
Very nice!

Fully agree!

BTW this guy deserved an award from STPB!
I buy hifi to suit my music, not buy music to suit my hifi.

Offline Jagdpanzer

• HT & Audio
That's Dr Ian.. He writes well too. I recalled he hosted a few sessions on vinyl appreciation and it was very well presented by his frens, not to mention the nice food 👍provided. Unfortunately, several of those who attended did not even own a  turntable or decent Hifi system.

The Sight and sound old out of touch Chinese educated apaches should consider him (plus the HT contributors in this forum) as consultants to revive the local Audio/HT scene.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 08:59 by Jagdpanzer »

Offline malsound

I tried to psycho him to host the new Fi Hi show with no success.  :( >:( ;D

Offline AndrewC

Some of the user's on XP are also at fault for giving the lousy organiser their money and attending the sh*t show, year after year. ::)
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline malsound

Any body know when next year Vietnam highend 2019 is happening. Look like there is no bad room here, great lighting, tall girls, No I mean tall ceiling.  :-X ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rFYLMhLc2hA&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rFYLMhLc2hA&fs=1</a>