Author Topic: AV media cabinet  (Read 555 times)

Offline WuffRuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
AV media cabinet
« on: November 27, 2018, 13:02 »
There must be some people who have done a cabinet to house all their HT devices like AVR, Blueray player, Media player, etc etc.
Can you share the specs like dimensions, material and perhaps who did it and cost?
Great if you can share some photos too.

Btw, how many power sockets should I install for this cabinet?
Do you install the sockets at the back of this cabinet?

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
Re: AV media cabinet
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 13:50 »
https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2018/03/my-setup-32018.html has some details in there IIRC https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2011/12/ideal-home-theatre-console-design.html

you will never install enough powerpoints so don't skimp... pic below still has at least 2 more power boards added and this is primarily a 2 channel setup...but I do run more than most users.

I also run an isolator switch to disconnect everything when I am away longer periods or during massive storms

I say this to everyone...YOU WILL NEVVER HAVE ENOUGH POWERPOINTS!!!Unless you you want to use power boards and filter boards in there...I counted 20+ that I needed and now I'm still short at least 8-10

« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 14:15 by wizardofoz »
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline WuffRuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 05:28 »
I calculated I need 6 sockets = 3x double sockets.
I will be running dedicated electrical line.
However, I am considering if I should just do 1x double socket and use a power conditioner for multiplug.
If I am running all the HT equipment to one power conditioner, do I need to install higher amperage socket?

I see you have many sockets and many power boards too.
What do you plug in them and how do you decide what goes to the socket and to the board?

Offline Jag

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • I predicted overhead spkrs 10 yrs ago.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 20:09 »
Get as much as you need. And that double on that. Better to have extra than insufficient.

You will find later that would might use the extras for USB chargers, upgrades, new additions. troubleshooting ...
ATMOS and Auro ready! 15 surr spkrs . Time to optimize