Author Topic: Is it easy to remove TV from wall mount and fix onto stand?  (Read 329 times)

Offline redryder

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting a 65" OLED, but it's too big for my current TV console. So have to mount on the wall. But when I buy a new console in a few months time, I will want to remove the TV and put it back on the stand on the console itself. Will that be a simple matter done by myself, or need to call in professionals?

Also, am I right to assume that my current 55" wall mount can fit onto the 65"? No need to drill again right?

Offline dbchoong

• ... ... ...
  • Global Moderator
  • .. Droid Rulez ..
Re: Is it easy to remove TV from wall mount and fix onto stand?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 16:29 »
Make sure you keep the new stand properly with all the screws.

Removing the TV from wall mount is easy. You will need another pair of hands to help, though. Single person without experience to remove a 65" TV is not advisable.

Your current wall mount should fit the 65". You won't need to drill again if you are re-using the existing mount. However, if you are installing a new wall mount, you might need to drill again if the screw hole positions are different.

And when you finally get your new console, and remove the wall mount, there will be screw holes in the wall. You'll probably need to patch them and repaint the wall.

Marantz SR7011 | Mission SX4 + SXC1 |Synthesis SVS12 | KEF KHT5005 Front Height + Surround | Orb Mod1X | Pioneer BDP450 BD | Zidoo X9S

Offline landis1

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 16:42 »
once you wall mount your tv, you would never want to take it off the wall again. the tv looks perfect on the wall. especially when you are able to conceal all the cables or even better, the equipment connected to it. it is an absolutely gorgeous painting on the wall ;D

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 17:07 »
TS buang away the TV stands after the TV mounted onto the wall?

Offline kenshin07

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 17:17 »
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting a 65" OLED, but it's too big for my current TV console. So have to mount on the wall. But when I buy a new console in a few months time, I will want to remove the TV and put it back on the stand on the console itself. Will that be a simple matter done by myself, or need to call in professionals?

Also, am I right to assume that my current 55" wall mount can fit onto the 65"? No need to drill again right?

Hmm... why not wait for a few months later when you buy a new tv console? If you remove the 65" tv and place it on the stand how are you going to do with the existing wall bracket?
Power amp: Aragon 8008BB, Proceed 2/3
speaker: Front/Center/Surround/SurrBack:Dynaudio contour s1.4, dynaudio 210C | PSB imagine s surround | PSB Imagine mini | Atmos spk AG diva SE
Sub: starke dual sub36
Player: Oppo 203
Cable: AFA Zeus II PC (SUB), ESP reference PC (pwr amp, AVR, Oppo 203), AFA Zeus II speaker cable, oyaide MTB 6 with AFA Zeus II PC

Offline redryder

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 17:21 »
Just to answer some of your questions -

I just bought a place but not doing renovations yet, only moving in maybe Mar or Apr next year. Don't intend to do up a feature wall, just buy a new console and put the TV on the console. Original plan was to upgrade to a 65" OLED after moving in.

But recently I found someone to give away my old 2013 TV, so feeling really tempted to just upgrade to the OLED now. When I move house I will just remove the OLED from the wall and patch up the holes.

Offline alf

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Let your experience define your choice "View It"
    • www.entheos.com.sg
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 19:02 »
Technically every thing is possible , you must know the detail of it .

If you just want to try it out best to have two person to do it .
Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
      Optical Tech / Metal Fabricator NTC/ ( ISF Trained Dealer)
JVC projectors UHD /HDR HDCP 2.2 compliant /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI White , Phantom Grey and Black Mambo II for different ambient application screen. JKP 709 calibration disc / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc