Author Topic: Is Sony completely bonkers? 1.2M viewing distance for a 65" 4K OLED 1.6M for 85"  (Read 1277 times)

Offline dbchoong

• ... ... ...
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • .. Droid Rulez ..
I wonder what the viewing distance will be when 8K TVs become the norm..
Marantz SR7011 | Mission SX4 + SXC1 |Synthesis SVS12 | KEF KHT5005 Front Height + Surround | Orb Mod1X | Pioneer BDP450 BD | Zidoo X9S

Offline Corona11

• Never take a Windtalker seriously.......
I wonder what the viewing distance will be when 8K TVs become the norm..
Frankly these viewing distances by Sony is just marketing snake oil to tempt you to buy bigger TVs, as the margins are way better.

So what they are telling you is that no house is too small for larger TVs.

It gets to a ridiculous point where it is no longer about comfort but about size and resolutions to increase profits.

I would rather view 100 inches at 5 to 6m then 75 inches at 2m.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
Frankly these viewing distances by Sony is just marketing snake oil to tempt you to buy bigger TVs, as the margins are way better...
This was my initial thoughts as well... WahLauEhh... Machiam EVERY BTO is built with big wide walls and SONY TV sure can fit into every homes. I wonder how many in SONY are PAP supporters that they bear the same mentality of "quality life".

Offline tsammyc

• I think, therefore I am
I sit 0.8m from a 40 inch Samsung 4K TV. It's perfect and I can see every pixel. Reason I do this is that its the monitor for my MacBook Pro and I edit a lot of high res photos where I need to see every pixel without zooming in too much. Sitting a little further back, clarity of 4K video is the same as at 0.8m, but there are conditions where you want to see every pixel and being very close is the only way.

Offline Corona11

• Never take a Windtalker seriously.......
I sit 0.8m from a 40 inch Samsung 4K TV. It's perfect and I can see every pixel. Reason I do this is that its the monitor for my MacBook Pro and I edit a lot of high res photos where I need to see every pixel without zooming in too much. Sitting a little further back, clarity of 4K video is the same as at 0.8m, but there are conditions where you want to see every pixel and being very close is the only way.
Watching TV and scrutinizing for editing are 2 different things.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline tsammyc

• I think, therefore I am
I go from scrutinizing pixels to watching 4K just by leaning the chair back