Author Topic: Advise on pulling dedicated power line for Hifi system  (Read 309 times)

Offline romeox90

• Trade Count: (0)
Advise on pulling dedicated power line for Hifi system
« on: November 18, 2018, 22:37 »
Hi

I'm looking to set up a dedicated power socket for my hifi system, from the breaker, all the way to the wall socket. Looking for advise from anyone who has done such a project before, or knows a thing or two to watch out for.

For starters, my main focus will be to pull a a dedicated live, ground and neutral line from the breaker to this socket. Currently, I'm looking to install the furutech wall socket, and I intend to get my hands on some upgrade wiring to use over the standard industrial cable power lines. I'm probably thinking of using a belden wire for this. Any thoughts?

I will most certainly be contracting a qualified electrician to carry out the installations. What I'm seeking to do here is to get some advise on what else I can do to simplify the process, or recommendations on cables to use. I'm rather open to using belden, mogami or canare by the way.

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
Re: Advise on pulling dedicated power line for Hifi system
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 00:50 »
If you are getting a furutech wall point.
Get furutech bulk cables for long run. Why still settle for belden or any thing else below furutech itself. Up the bar, this delicated line is going to be there for a very long time. Do not waste $$$$ for basic grade cables. How long do you estimate for the cable run?
Dynaudio Confidence C1 Signature, Center, Contour SR, DM3/7 IC17x4 Sub300x2 Sub600
Denon AVC-X8500H, Plinius CD-101, Tautoro, SA-103, Sony X800, PS4, Optoma UHD65, Panasonic CX700.
ProJect Q.