Author Topic: Reliable Contractor or Supplier  (Read 1714 times)

Offline ysl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Reliable Contractor or Supplier
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 18:13 »
reading about dryers and washers, lint traps at the top of the machine are said to require fewer repairs.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 18:59 by ysl »

Offline chewed

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2019, 14:28 »
I do not have good experience with Miele, and will avoid it by a thousand miles. Buying it is only the beginning , after sales is an absolute nightmare.
Yes, Miele is all name only.

Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk

Offline KopiOkaya

• Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2019, 16:32 »
Yes, Miele is all name only.

I almost bought a Miele washer until one of my relatives who is a Miele user for over 40 years told me not to. High costs of servicing and repair, plus horrible aftersales service in Singapore.
Cable termination and repair services for a reasonable fee. Whatsapp Larry at 98805223.

Offline domho8

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2019, 16:34 »
I almost bought a Miele washer until one of my relatives who is a Miele user for over 40 years told me not to. High costs of servicing and repair, plus horrible aftersales service in Singapore.

wa ani jiat lat ah. :)

Offline ysl

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2019, 16:10 »
cracked on wood frame for door - do you have any experience or some knowledge on this ?
not the wooden door, but the wooden frame.
1st contractor quoted $1,100 to replace entire frame and the door. Said that is he safest and best way to go, otherwise may be a danger, also cited slight difference is colour if touch up.....

Of course it is the best way ! but is that at all necessary? $1,100 is a lot of money.

I am not at all sold. And have never heard or had any experience of door frame completely falling off from the wall and posing a danger. 

It is a crack, between 2-3 mm wide , a meter long , maybe a little longer. This is because of the movement of a new building settling in after it being built which is a very common occurrence and is to be expected.

Another contractor quoted $380 to fill up the crack using bonding adhesive, paint over using closest colour.
Cost less but I fell $380 is a lot for that amount of work.

Any thoughts fellas ?

Offline chewed

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2019, 16:18 »
cracked on wood frame for door - do you have any experience or some knowledge on this ?
not the wooden door, but the wooden frame.
1st contractor quoted $1,100 to replace entire frame and the door. Said that is he safest and best way to go, otherwise may be a danger, also cited slight difference is colour if touch up.....

Of course it is the best way ! but is that at all necessary? $1,100 is a lot of money.

I am not at all sold. And have never heard or had any experience of door frame completely falling off from the wall and posing a danger. 

It is a crack, between 2-3 mm wide , a meter long , maybe a little longer. This is because of the movement of a new building settling in after it being built which is a very common occurrence and is to be expected.

Another contractor quoted $380 to fill up the crack using bonding adhesive, paint over using closest colour.
Cost less but I fell $380 is a lot for that amount of work.

Any thoughts fellas ?
If you're a DIY person , go buy wood epoxy, less than $20? Get small tin of new paint, $20?  For less than $50 you can settle it.

This is based on what you mentioned about the crack being 2-3mm wide.

Offline ysl

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2019, 20:18 »
Thanks Chewed.

Know of wood fill from Daiso , never know there are wood epoxy, now I know better.

Took the leap of faith recently to do some DIY touch up, repairs, simple jobs around the house. Simple basic stuff. I realized how much we are paying to have someone else do it.

These days so much can be learnt from youtube, and willing dealers of home maintenance products.

I can't decide which is more "song", the money saved or the satisfaction.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 20:43 by ysl »