Author Topic: Børresen Acoustics Loudspeakers Thread  (Read 5156 times)

Offline 1AngMoh

• Trade Count: (+8)
Børresen Acoustics Loudspeakers Thread
« on: November 15, 2018, 19:05 »

Michael Børresen, Owner and chief designer of Børresen Acoustics together with his business partner and head of sales, Lars Kristensen are both currently in Singapore and will be exhibiting at the International Sound and Sight Exhibition 2018, starting tomorrow 16 November, 11.00am to 7.00pm at Parkroyal Hotel on Kitchener Road.

Don't miss the opportunity to meet them at Room 718.

On display/demo will be the Børresen Acoustics Model 01 D-TC loudspeaker (pictured above) powered by Aavik Acoustics (Denmark) amplifiers and the latest power distributors (2-series) and cables (D.TC) from Ansuz Acoustics (Denmark). 

Offline wusplay

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Børresen Acoustics Loudspeakers Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 19:46 »
Any review on Model 01 D-TC vs Raidho D1.1 side by side comparison?

Offline 1AngMoh

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 20:21 »
Any review on Model 01 D-TC vs Raidho D1.1 side by side comparison?

I’ve not seen one yet and I suspect it will be a while as the Børresen loudspeakers are just entering production phase. 

Michael Børresen designed both loudspeakers and I post below a video where Michael talks a bit about the design advances of Børresen Acoustics.   For example, If I hear things correctly Michael designed the original Raidho tweeter more than 15 years ago and he clearly feels his all new tweeter far surpasses his earlier design effort.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/W70tNiKPQnA&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/W70tNiKPQnA&fs=1</a>

Michael Børresen principally had two ideas to improve the performance of his earlier work at Raidho.  First, a new, lighter ribbon tweeter design, and second a new driver.  The tweeter is a ribbon design which Michael has lots of experience with.  The new driver has a moving mass of just 0.01 grams!  The team used finite element analysis to optimize the magnetic flux field and it operates from approximately 2.5 kHz upward.  Efficiency is very high at 94db.  As for the drivers themselves, Michael uses a very thin carbon fiber on each side of a 4mm nomex honeycomb cone.  This creates a Formula 1-like formulation that improves the stiffness to weight ratio.   Due to the uniqueness and radical advances over his earlier efforts patents have been applied for on both driver designs.

Will you get the opportunity to visit the show?

Offline 1AngMoh

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 21:09 »

An initial setup photo from the Borresen Acoustics room at the International Sound & Sight Exhibition 2018 – which opens tomorrow in Singapore.

In addition to the Borresen Acoustics Model 01 loudspeakers we can see Aavik’s C-300 pre-amplifier and P-300 power amplifier.  The new Ansuz Mainz8 Power Distributor [model D2] is seen together with Ansuz D.TC speaker cables.

I suspect Lars will tweak the system further tonight.

The source looks interesting.   This is the Wadax Atlantis transport, DAC and power supply.   

Offline 1AngMoh

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 13:19 »
More photos from the International Sound & Sight Exhibition 2018 currently on in Singapore [16-18 November].

Offline 1AngMoh

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 10:08 »
Today is the last day of the 2018 International Sound and Sight Exhibition in Singapore.  The team from Børresen Acoustics ApS of Denmark has been receiving many favorable comments on their new reference 2-way monitor loudspeaker the Børresen Acoustic Model 01.  Many show attendees have expressed shock at just how loud these compact loudspeakers can play; the speed and perceived depth of the bass and the incredible resolving capability of the new generation ribbon tweeter.

Photo:  Lars Kristensen demo’s whilst Michael Børresen of Børresen Acoustics & Nicholas Leong of Audio Note Singapore listen in.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:14 by 1AngMoh »

Offline bean

• Snr Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 12:09 »
I was in the room yesterday. Initially I was very disappointed. But when I happened to lean forward to have a closer listen, I found the problem. I was seated on the left side of the back row and the room acoustic over there destroyed the music completely. When I moved to the front row, things were so much better and I can feel the magic of this speaker.

Offline 1AngMoh

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 12:31 »
I was in the room yesterday. Initially I was very disappointed. But when I happened to lean forward to have a closer listen, I found the problem. I was seated on the left side of the back row and the room acoustic over there destroyed the music completely. When I moved to the front row, things were so much better and I can feel the magic of this speaker.

Thanks for sharing and I am not at all surprised with your findings.   The Børresen ribbon tweeter can disperse high energy and the left back chair is close to two walls and the reflections of these walls will muddle the resulting sound your ears hear.   Best chair is front center because here you get to hear more direct sound waves from the speaker.   

Offline wusplay

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 13:02 »
The soeakers sounded fast, transparent & detail.
 I was seated at the front row left most corner. Not the ideal spot for listening. Not getting the proper imaging, can't really get into the musical scenery/drama/feeling these excellent speakers trying to create.

Offline 1AngMoh

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 14:25 »
The speakers sounded fast, transparent & detail.

I was seated at the front row left most corner. Not the ideal spot for listening. Not getting the proper imaging, can't really get into the musical scenery/drama/feeling these excellent speakers trying to create.

Thanks for sharing and completely agree with your observations that the Børresen speakers are fast (really fast), transparent and detailed.

The sweet spot is dead centre of the speakers.   If everything else is in order and you sit in the sweet spot you will find the music simply envelopes you.  Then and perhaps only then do you really get a sense of what this speaker is capable of and the “musical scenery, drama and feeling” of which you speak is revealed.    Personally speaking I want music to engage and emotively move me.  I get a sense that this is what you are looking for to.

Offline dynaudio

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Consequence Ultimate
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 21:11 »
Meet and greet with Lars Kristensen & Michael Borresen from Aavik Acoustics, Ansuz Acoustic & Borresen Acoustic.
Join us as we introduce the new Borresen Acoustics loudspeakers.
Not to be missed & all are welcome.

Tomorrow at 6 PM – 7:30 PM

Venue: hifi.com.sg
1 Coleman St, #03-35 The Adelphi, Singapore 179803
Tel: 65 6334 7639

Offline 1AngMoh

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 18:42 »
Meet and greet with Lars Kristensen & Michael Borresen from Aavik Acoustics, Ansuz Acoustic & Borresen Acoustic.
Join us as we introduce the new Borresen Acoustics loudspeakers.
Not to be missed & all are welcome.

Tomorrow at 6 PM – 7:30 PM

Venue: hifi.com.sg
1 Coleman St, #03-35 The Adelphi, Singapore 179803
Tel: 65 6334 7639

Hi Nic,

It would be great if you could post some photos of the event.

Cheers
1AM

Offline 1AngMoh

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018, 08:55 »
Photos from the post Singapore HiFi show Borresen Acoustics “meet and greet” hosted by Audio Note Singapore, HiFi.com.sg

Photo:  Borresen-Acoustics-Model-01-W-DTC-on-demo-in-Singapore in a post HiFi show event

Photo:  Lars Kristensen of Borresen Acoustics demos the Borresen Model 01-W-DTC at Audio Note Singapore, HiFi.com.sg which also represents Raidho, Aavik and Ansuz Acoustics

Offline jaffrie

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 15:55 »
Don’t flame me guys but is it really $40K good ?
I mean with that price tag there’s so many good or
even better speakers to choose from.

Offline 1AngMoh

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2018, 19:54 »
Don’t flame me guys but is it really $40K good ?
I mean with that price tag there’s so many good or
even better speakers to choose from.

Its a personal choice.   Whatever loudspeakers you chose to buy just make sure you have enough money left over to buy some music.... ;D ;D