Author Topic: NETFLIX (TV?) Lagging after Blackout  (Read 416 times)

Offline sje4182

• Trade Count: (+2)
NETFLIX (TV?) Lagging after Blackout
« on: November 14, 2018, 10:28 »
Hi All

It has been raining pretty heavily lately. 2 days ago, i returned to my home which was pitch dark after a stormy afternoon. The circuit breaker in my home had tripped. I assume that it must have been triggered by lightning. Upon resetting  it, i turned everything back on and everything work fine.

But since then, whenever i watch netflix, after about 30 to 45 mins the video starts to lag and gets jumpy - audio is smooth but the picture freezes intermittently jumping from scene to scene. I am connected through Singnet Fiber and i have MIO too. The fiber modem and router both appear to be working fine. Funny thing is when this lag happens, my whole Samsung TV interface lags too. Meaning all the TV commands will take 10 to 15 secs to execute. For example, when i try to exit the show, i press the "back" button and it takes awhile before the netflix show exits. Then back at the main Netflix screen i want to move to the main exit also takes long time to move the selection "cursor" to the "exit" command. And even using the smarthub button to switch out of Netflix also takes long time for the smarthub options to come out. I have powered off and on (at source) for modem/router, mio box and TV more than once. Each time, is the same - initially everything ok until 30 to 45mins later than start to lag. I changed from LAN connection to wireless also the same.

Because the smarthub function also lags, I am not sure is it my internet connection that has a problem or is it my TV? I tried you tube on my TV it seems ok but i guess it could be because you tube is lower resolution.

Anyone got any advice/experience?

Offline pcking

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm just an audio/video enthusiast!
Re: NETFLIX (TV?) Lagging after Blackout
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 10:44 »
I don't think it's your internet connection but you can still verify that by playing Netflix using a notebook or PC.

I suggest you power off your TV & remove the power cord and leave it for 10-15 mins.

After that plug back in and power on. Good Luck !  ;D
"The worse of the two is he who, when abused, retaliates. One who does not retaliate wins a battle hard to win."

Offline sje4182

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 10:58 »
I don't think it's your internet connection but you can still verify that by playing Netflix using a notebook or PC.

I suggest you power off your TV & remove the power cord and leave it for 10-15 mins.

After that plug back in and power on. Good Luck !  ;D

Ok thanks.

Offline SanTechsuinics

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 11:06 »
Power off helped me
Sansui AU-555a | Technics SB-E100 | Technics SL-1200 MK4 | Nagaoka MP-110

Offline sje4182

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 10:10 »
Power off helped me

Thanks, hope it works for me. Didn't have time to try it last night.

Offline sje4182

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 11:52 »

Update to those who commented, everything ok now after i unplugged the TV from source for 20 mins.

Thanks!