Author Topic: Are you still using SP ?  (Read 4644 times)

Offline Knight_Rider

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Are you still using SP ?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2019, 10:24 »
Okok hahahaha Sunday free I a bit ??? how they know as meter is read once in two months  ;D

Offline etnt

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2019, 10:25 »
Okok hahahaha Sunday free I a bit ??? how they know as meter is read once in two months  ;D
That one I think need smart meter to be wuhua, else they base on national average, which is quite dumb imo.

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2019, 10:42 »
There is no free lunch in the world....especially Singapore.

How is it that you can insert a middleman earning commision from SP who had been constantly servicing you for years?

(Audio)

Offline etnt

Offline etnt

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2019, 10:58 »
https://www.uob.com.sg/OEM/index.html
UOB also got promo, use them for recurring payment for $10 off

Offline Knight_Rider

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2019, 11:02 »
There is no free lunch in the world....especially Singapore.

How is it that you can insert a middleman earning commision from SP who had been constantly servicing you for years?

(Audio)

So what do you suggest?

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2019, 11:19 »
So what do you suggest?

Nothing to suggest.  Just sharing my thoughts.  One should look at the equation and think beyond just saving money.

I will stick with SP and monitor, I suppose.

(Audio)

Online Doggie Howser

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2019, 11:26 »
Over in Australia, there is a free market system too.

Many years ago circa 2012 there was a TV ad campaign to get a mass order program to switch to an upcoming electricity provider. Saved a lot going to them. But they kept upping rates every year but it seemed on par with the competition so I didn’t over analyze it.

Then I did a check end 2017 and realized I was overpaying them. My quarterly bill went from $450 to $160. Crazy.

Good to have competition but just check regularly.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline Audiolab

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2019, 11:27 »
One way to think is that there is something fishy going on and should not change. Another way to think is that we have ripped off by SP all these years.

Anyway open market electricity is not new globally. Just that it just started in Singapore.

For those who want to save money, just go ahead. For those worried about potential pitfalls, just continue to pay tariff rates from SP. Anyway based on the pilot trial in Jurong area, only 30% switch. So many still prefer to stay with SP. And I am sure SP is hoping most will stay with them.

Offline Knight_Rider

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2019, 12:26 »
It may not be a significant difference between all 3 plans. Fixed, discount, peak/off-peak. Just take the one that's offering most discount + freebies and shop again after 12 months. OEM retailers also not stupid and will not give too much discount on any type of plan.

Ohm is perfect for now = ALL INCLUSIVE lowest 16.80c fixed or max 25% discount, 6 months option, integrated GIRO billing with SP, $20 referral credit. New Ohm Customers – 25% off your second electricity bill with Ohm.

Hmmm Ohm 12 months discount, IMHO, it is ok to pay slightly higher (<S$0.50/month) for the flexibility to switch. Oil prices crashing now and will do so for the next quarter. 1H2019 tariff will sure drop. Take discount no need to care about oil price up or down. i.e. whether you win the House or not. Lengthy contract fixed rate at the top of the tariff cycle NOT advisable. Just take discount until the peak has passed. IMHO, probably 2Q2019.

What do you guys think?

Offline Knight_Rider

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2019, 12:27 »
Disclaimer :  I not agent/promoter hor

Got PM immediate from HWZ  ;D

Offline etnt

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2019, 12:51 »
I just went for lowest fixed rate for longest period as I believe the general trend will be upwards.

Unless it's a continuous downward trend tariff, then discount will offer a lower rate but too lazy to go hunting around regularly.

But everybody will have their own reasoning lar, including those staying with SP.

Offline synthesis

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2019, 13:23 »
From ~24 cents by SP to ~18 cents per kwh is good saving especially if your consumption is high. +/- 1 cents from 18 cents I don't bother much. Just pick any company you feel comfortable.

Offline Audiolab

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2019, 14:17 »
Based on EMA info, average public housing power consumption in 2017 us 444.3 kWh while private housing is 661.3 kWh. Current tariff rates are 0.2552 while average open market rate is 0.1798. One can save about SGD400/ year for public housing while private housing save about $600 yearly.

At the end of the day, one has to decide whether the savings is significant enough to change. I for one has decided few months to jump in and enjoy the savings with no pitfalls so far.

Offline HoSaybo

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2019, 16:50 »
I just went for lowest fixed rate for longest period as I believe the general trend will be upwards.

Unless it's a continuous downward trend tariff, then discount will offer a lower rate but too lazy to go hunting around regularly.

But everybody will have their own reasoning lar, including those staying with SP.
Agree. Feel that even if go any lower, it is unlikely to be significant. But if up, the jump could be high..... Just like our petrol.