Author Topic: My HT Journey resumes. Diffusors with SMT Wings  (Read 7080 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: My HT Journey resumes. Diffusors with SMT Wings
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2019, 20:24 »
I missed the tick tock tick tock when i went to your place bro, probably not silence enough

Lol... sorry couldn’t chat longer that day, u saw how the hall looked like that day during the installation work... will catch up again next time, how is your SMT treating you ?

Are u enjoying it ? What quality did it bring to your set up ?

Here is one video I saw recently

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGG7vtG0em8&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pGG7vtG0em8&fs=1</a>

Offline lampsy86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2019, 21:04 »
Hi,

For the PLiXiR Elite BAC 3000 he is using, it is the horizontal version.  We also make them now in full UK outlets as well. 

Thank you.

James.
Nice !!!
Thank you !

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2019, 11:09 »
See this, veritune smt tuning.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GjdACNPLzzg&amp;feature=youtu.be&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GjdACNPLzzg&amp;feature=youtu.be&fs=1</a>

"Veritune" Helmholtz resonators- Adjustable helmholtz resonators allow for specific targeting of modal problems from 16-100 Hz.

Its effective! Placed at locations below the SMT wings

Awesome stuff this SMT

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2019, 20:53 »
Here is another way of measuring the noise floor levels if you have an iphone , download this free app called decibel x

A quick way to measure, u can look at the peak and min noise floor... above is the noise floor in a badminton hall taken just now...

I’ll post shortly on using the REW method ... hope that helps..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Boxerfan88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Life begins at 7000rpm
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2019, 04:42 »

The above is the room noise floor now, after the acoustics work, nice levels averaging 30db in the hall, that peak at 35hz is the sound of the fan in the room

Above 1khz, it’s all down below 10db, that shows the equipment connected all has very Low noise, great job from the Plixir Elite BAC 3000! Hardly any electrical noise in the chain...

2019 achievement unlocked !

Question -- when you did the above measurement, what was the FFT length, and was the "Adjust RTA levels" checked or unchecked?
I used 131k FFT length, and with Adjust RTA levels checked, my room is about 48dB average.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:58 by Boxerfan88 »
Soekris dac1541 | DA&T A38  | Usher MD2+X616 | Orisun DD12 | Samsung PS50B850 |
Yammy RXA3030 | RPi3+Kodi | BDP-S5100 | PC+foobar2000 | Chromecast

Offline whitesox

« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2019, 19:18 »
Congra on the new installation n with lydnorf yr system will up another level 👍. N next Mk speakers ☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

With this kind of room treatment, he already won half of the battle...

;D

Offline BadEnglish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Int 0x19
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2019, 19:50 »
With this kind of room treatment, he already won half of the battle...

;D

+1
Trying very hard to reproduce the music and sound that creative mixing-artists composed in the studios, at home with limited knowledge and resources.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2019, 19:59 »

Question -- when you did the above measurement, what was the FFT length, and was the "Adjust RTA levels" checked or unchecked?
I used 131k FFT length, and with Adjust RTA levels checked, my room is about 48dB average.

Here is the settings I’ve used, with axis 10hz-20,000khz and 0-80db on RTA to measure the noise floor, I used 8 averages

Offline Boxerfan88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Life begins at 7000rpm
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2019, 06:37 »
Thank you.
I notice when the "Adjust RTA Levels" is checked -- the measurement is pretty close to what I see on the iPhone DecibelX app.
I think the "Adjust RTA Levels" need to be checked for noise floor measurement. What do you think?
Soekris dac1541 | DA&T A38  | Usher MD2+X616 | Orisun DD12 | Samsung PS50B850 |
Yammy RXA3030 | RPi3+Kodi | BDP-S5100 | PC+foobar2000 | Chromecast

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2019, 18:31 »
Thank you.
I notice when the "Adjust RTA Levels" is checked -- the measurement is pretty close to what I see on the iPhone DecibelX app.
I think the "Adjust RTA Levels" need to be checked for noise floor measurement. What do you think?

Use this option when measuring the subs on the fly, using a pink periodic test tone from rew signal generator, then u can choose this option.

When everything is silent, look at the mic levels A weighting Fast... it will display the average noise floor levels in the room