Author Topic: My HT Journey resumes. Diffusors with SMT Wings  (Read 20130 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: My HT Journey resumes. Diffusors with SMT Wings
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2020, 18:24 »
Is it better beside MLP instead of at first reflection point?

Yea that’s my personal finding so far. I prefer diffusion at side walls 90 degrees, they provide the width, very good, whilst diffusion behind MLP, provides the depth.

The single biggest benefit I noticed is the one behind MLP. Treating that area is quite significant

As for the first reflection off side walls from main speakers, I concur with the YouTube video guy, absorption preferred

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2020, 23:43 »
Some pictures to share , BTW, still love the SMT wings, the best diffusers ... a pity we don’t have a local distributor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2020, 10:19 »

Some new design coming up by SMT, if you haven’t yet got your diffusors,u might want to wait for this. The SMTs are worth waiting for. Apparently it’s 110mm and 250mm in depth, this is now pending patent before being released to the mass market

The new diffusors looks promising as can be seen from the impulse response on “temporal diffusion” . It can be seen like a pink noise burst, with 7ms delay with Low end equal even absorption . This is like 1.5x the spaciousness effect from the current S Wing model that I am currently using

This will be exceptionally good, in small living space environments like our HDB. It tricks our brain to expose different time masking effects, the results of which is clear details , vocals and extremely good timbre. Something all audiophiles love

These are spatial and temporal diffusors . They redirect reflections in space and time. They are extremely good and retains the energy in the room , removing all the negative effects of comb filtering etc. We can see above the extension of the reflected broadbanded time delay vs the previous version of V wings as below at 4.8ms ( the longer the delays and evenness, the more spaciousness the feeling is)

Wait for it ! It will be worth it

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2020, 09:34 »
Recently we came across another good company dealing with acoustic panels, his work, skills are immaculate, very neat, nice

I’ve upgraded to have 3 pieces of 60x60x18cm bass trap right beneath the SMT wings

If you ever want to do up your room acoustics, placing the bass trap panels beneath the diffusor is ideal. This should be at the bottom at the height at 60-80cm. The acoustic diffusors panels are ideal at 60-80cm above ground, like this

This method for placement is highly effective, and very significant especially behind MLP

The panels are specially built to specs , to provide for maximum air flow resistivity

So we went with a front area coverage of Foil reinforced Kraft paper, 60kg density of rockwool, followed by a 6mm ply to act as a pressure membrane

FRKP

Back of it with 6mm ply

Completed panels

They are very effective and it’s placed ideally beneath the SMT wings

Still no news so far on the new SMT products, following closely... they are extremely good, the best diffusor !

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal