Author Topic: Wharfedale Subwoofer red light on  (Read 265 times)

Offline jkcs

• Trade Count: (0)
Wharfedale Subwoofer red light on
« on: June 25, 2019, 15:57 »
Hello guys,

My subwoofer is always in red light, what could be the issue? could it be fuse problem?

My case: I haven't been using my HT for quite some time, recently I switched on and my sub begun to give out "thumping" sound, when that happens, it will turn from green light to red and then back to green (each time it thumped, the light will change accordingly). 

As of yesterday, the light is red despite me switching it off and on several times.  Please give advice, thank you

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Wharfedale Subwoofer red light on
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 23:18 »
Hello guys,

My subwoofer is always in red light, what could be the issue? could it be fuse problem?
As long there is light , that means the power supply is working so the fuse is good

My case: I haven't been using my HT for quite some time, recently I switched on and my sub begun to give out "thumping" sound, when that happens, it will turn from green light to red and then back to green (each time it thumped, the light will change accordingly). 
this can due to some leakage of the component ,mainly is capacitor or the signal cable ground issue (OC ) , you can try disconnect any input cable to the sub and just plug in the power and power it up ,if without any input cable connected and after you power it on still have that thum sound ,then safe to say need a electronic Doc for a checkup.

As of yesterday, the light is red despite me switching it off and on several times.  Please give advice, thank you
try turn the auto switch to on to test.
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange