Author Topic: Marantz AV8805 & Polk Audio Legend Demo  (Read 23179 times)

Offline YANG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Marantz AV8805 & Polk Audio Legend Demo
« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2020, 15:36 »
There should be a watermark on the picture that states "proudly done by OVATION"... the setup is too pro liao lah!!!

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2020, 07:49 »
There should be a watermark on the picture that states "proudly done by OVATION"... the setup is too pro liao lah!!!
Good morning! Thanks for the compliment bro Yang.

Sent from my Asus ROG ll using Tapatalk

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2020, 08:04 »
So I'm done playing the PSI AVVA,

Comes this weekend will be testing on the cube.

Keeping myself occupied staying home during the weekend

Offline rayleh

« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2020, 12:00 »
So I'm done playing the PSI AVVA,

Comes this weekend will be testing on the cube.

Keeping myself occupied staying home during the weekend

Bro, can share your thoughts on the PSI AVAA?

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2020, 16:08 »
Done. Fixed my OCD on the panel above the top middle right Atmos speaker I'm satisfied for now lol

Wah congrats win ! Very nice ! By now you would have realised how good acoustics in the room works in your favour.

Good choice with the cloud diffusors on to the ceiling

Lotsa hard work, I definitely can’t do that, will probably have neck pain.

When you explore your DIY subs, definitely consider stacking them, different league

Enjoy the fruits of your labour !!

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2020, 19:55 »
Wah congrats win ! Very nice ! By now you would have realised how good acoustics in the room works in your favour.

Good choice with the cloud diffusors on to the ceiling

Lotsa hard work, I definitely can’t do that, will probably have neck pain.

When you explore your DIY subs, definitely consider stacking them, different league

Enjoy the fruits of your labour !!
Thanks bro for the compliment. Indeed sounded way way better... Still have things to do.. but no gas do at the moment liao.. tired lol..slowly do

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 20:16 by winwinc81 »

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2020, 20:15 »
Bro, can share your thoughts on the PSI AVAA?
Depending on where you place I would say. It's definitely effective in controlling the decay.

This is definitely a plus especially you experience standing waves, but focus more on room treatment is still the fundamental I guess.

For typically large room, I suggest to go for 2 units.

I "feel" It will also "suck" out the bass extensions for a bit.. I don't really know how to describe but I personally fancy this kind of extensions.. well it depends on preference ba.. need to play with placement.

To sum up, yes, it is a poisonous piece of equipment, and it worked without having HUGE unsightly bass traps failing WAF. Faster decay also means clearer mids and highs.

It is expensive but it does it's job well.

Well, I'll need to test it before I can sell after all right .. else I also can't explain and advise to customer if they need one.

Offline rayleh

« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2020, 20:20 »
Agreed that placement plays a big part and room treatment is essential. Still an amateur in HT. Multiple subs, power amp and room treatment yield the most ROI for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2020, 22:15 »
Ooo nice. Psi avaa.

Any measurements to share on the difference in decay?

Keen on the psi but it's quite costly. So must make sure got big difference

Offline rayleh

« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2020, 22:17 »
Ooo nice. Psi avaa.

Any measurements to share on the difference in decay?

Keen on the psi but it's quite costly. So must make sure got big difference
You can get one for trial and see if it works for you. Contact James.

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2020, 20:00 »
Alright... While still waiting for CB to get lifted, what has been going on from the last, tedious, installation of the diffusers and absorbers on my ceiling till date..

Well, I got myself a Plixir Power BAC Elite 3000.

This thing is really exceptional. Among all conditioners I've tried (also with bro djblackfm) this power conditioner here has the LOWEST noise we ever come across, gaurantee a superb clean power to your devices. Just look at the EMI reading. No other conditioners comes close to this that I've used this far and am really please with it. So DJ got one, and I follow suite soon after

No wonder bro Ronlidoq keep singing praises as well for the quality lol. It's really heavy and I'm glad my movable TV console still able to withstand all equipment weight. Also thanks to Sound Affair for giving us the chance to work together as well.

Snug nicely in place

Next, while waiting for the arrival of my subwoofer drivers from Stereo Integrity, my fingers got itchy and i hooted a harmony elite remote.

I got lucky as it was selling at SGD330 odd from eBay including shipping, else it was selling at near SGD400. Immediately after the purchase, eBay shop owner jack up the price , all I can suspect was he had forgotten to change the price.

Why I got this is because of bro chimera1982, I know he is using it.. and after I got it, I find it easy to use as well, it's like it can combine all your home remotes (less the Bluetooth and RF signal e.g fans, motorized curtain) into an all in one. I'm using RM pro for all my home automation, so I focus the RM pro on the RF, and use harmony for all my IR devices, and finally using both to create routines via Google home for my automation. Kind of neat.

At last, the subwoofer driver arrived after a long wait of 6 months. Well cos it's a preorder and just nice covid hit.. everything delay.. but better be late then never...

Though it's design in the states my SI and made in China, but it sure has some quality, take a look at the pic you will know. Model a SQ12, 12" driver

Total 4 of them.. waiting for carpenter to open shop so that the cabinet can be build. It's really painful to see it sitting there in a corner and I can't use it

Moving on, thanks to bro rock123 for sharing a post from bro hanger, I got myself an oppo 203 (lucky me). It's my very first UHD player in my HT journey.. never once used a player before (not counting PS4), I'm really amaze by the PQ! The colors, the functions... simply wow! Of course I did a little home automation for the navigation so that it goes straight to my NAS movie directory with a single press of a button! Am waiting patiently for the arrival of my UHD Auro 3D disc from Amazon De. Sitting on top of the power bac lol

Then, here comes other loots!! My full band absorber for center speaker.

Heeding bro Ronlidoq advise, I changed from diffuser to absorber.

Before

After

Instant difference. Mids and highs not as messy. Clear and accurate dialogues, vast improvement. And so the "extra" diffuser goes here

Then comes my DAC Es9038 streamer from Nord Acoustic, a UK brand that Ovation United carrying.

This is a piece of streamer that can be used with  NAS, Tidal, Spotify, Napster yadayadayada.. small light and very nice sounding! Just hook this up with your LAN/wifi and download the app, connect it to your power amp and voila! Quality music comes out from your speakers! Just nice place it on top of the oppo and power bac heh..

Just today, I finish up the absorber with Sakura prints. Definitely eye pleasing and it serve its purpose of reducing echos along the corridor. Wife is happy, I'm happy. Some pics below

Last but not least, the Vertex 2!

A product carry by Ovation United that brings wonders to PJ owners. Niffty man in the middle device to solve handshakes issue between source and sinks, and alter EDID codes to improve the color and immersive experience! Like what bro Ronlidoq says, it's like a minidsp 2x4HD, where you can tweak your bass, likewise this tweaks the color space of your TV and PJ.

So what's next? An empty screen

Waiting for a new PJ in place

Till then, thanks for reading my long post.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DC using Tapatalk

Offline rayleh

« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2020, 20:04 »
Super sweet!

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2020, 20:42 »
Super sweet!

Haha thanks for appreciating

Offline rayleh

« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2020, 20:47 »
Must pay you a visit this time after the CB.

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2020, 22:57 »
Sure! Hope carpenter can open real soon to have the cabinet for the drivers made.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal