Author Topic: Marantz AV8805 & Polk Audio LSIM Demo  (Read 8371 times)

Offline Djblackfm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
Marantz AV8805 & Polk Audio LSIM Demo
« on: October 09, 2018, 22:12 »
Demo Session on 14th & 21st Oct 2018
2pm-4pm
2pax max per demo

For those who wants to have a taste on Marantz AV8805 & Polk Audio LSIM setup.  ;D
The purpose of this demo is to listen & share your thoughts on the setup.

Those interested can Pm me.

If we dont share or exchange knowledge we wont grow & understand. Be more open, Share & Learn.
Emotiva XPA-5 GEN2
Emotiva A700
OPPO 203 (Pre Amp)
Polk Audio Tsi 500 (L&R)
Polk Audio CS20 (Center)
Polk Audio Monitor 40 Series II (Surr L&R)
Mission mhtds surround (Surr Back L&R)
4x SVS Elevation Speaker
2x JL Audio E112

Offline BadEnglish

• Int 0x19
Re: Marantz AV8805 & Polk Audio LSIM Demo
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 22:41 »
No weekday session ?
Trying very hard to reproduce the music and sound that creative mixing-artists composed in the studios, at home with limited knowledge and resources.

Offline Djblackfm

• Snr Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 23:33 »
No weekday session ?

I can try to push on this Friday? 7pm to 9pm If maybe able to get 2 pax.

Thought most of the time weekend would be a good time ya.  :D
Emotiva XPA-5 GEN2
Emotiva A700
OPPO 203 (Pre Amp)
Polk Audio Tsi 500 (L&R)
Polk Audio CS20 (Center)
4x SVS Elevation Speaker
2x JL Audio E112

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 07:53 »
Glad you are trying the 8805. Did you like it?

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline rock123

• Trade Count: (-1)
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 09:19 »
Excellent spacious setup!  Very generous of you bro open ideas invitation. Let me pm u if avail thks a lot.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Pure 100% Home Theatre Lover @7.2.4
AVR: Flagship Onkyo AV Network Receiver RZ-3100 11.2
Speakers: Klipsch KG 4.5 Klipsch Tractrix® Horn Technology
Side\Rear Surrounds: Definitive Technology ProCinema 600
In-Ceiling Yamaha NS-IC800 & NS-IC400WH Front\Rear ATMOS
Subwoofers: 1. Rythmik FV18 Direct Servo 18" ported with 900WRMS amplifier
2. Ported Slam!
Ultimate Cinema!: Motorized 16:9\2:35 150" Screen
BenQ W1070+ Short Throw 3D DLP 1080p
Samsung 3D LED UA60ES8000J
Egreat A5 Media Player

Offline BadEnglish

• Int 0x19
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 09:53 »
If still have an open slot for Sun 14 session, I would love to be there.
Trying very hard to reproduce the music and sound that creative mixing-artists composed in the studios, at home with limited knowledge and resources.

Offline Djblackfm

• Snr Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 12:41 »
Demo Session on 14th & 21st Oct 2018
2pm-4pm
2pax max per demo

For those who wants to have a taste on Marantz AV8805 & Polk Audio LSIM setup.  ;D
The purpose of this demo is to listen & share your thoughts on the setup.

Those interested can Pm me.

12th Oct (slots full)
1. rock123
2. skate

14th Oct (slots full)
1. Ricleon
2. BadEnglish

21st Oct
1. Began

If we dont share or exchange knowledge we wont grow & understand. Be more open, Share & Learn.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 21:20 by Djblackfm »
Emotiva XPA-5 GEN2
Emotiva A700
OPPO 203 (Pre Amp)
Polk Audio Tsi 500 (L&R)
Polk Audio CS20 (Center)
4x SVS Elevation Speaker
2x JL Audio E112

Offline petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 12:49 »
Very nice system bro and a nice room too.
Any reason for choose Emotiva amps to partner the fantastic 8805 instead of Parasound or Rotel, which might be more musical?

Hope you have some open house in November... cheers
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
http://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019/04/my-setup-42019.html

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 13:28 »
Dear XP bros,

djblackfm has been an extremely good pal of mine. Got to know him unexpectedly via carousell, and from there we hit it off to became very good friends!

This is actually my humble little home and djblackfm has been extremely helpful in assisting to coordinate these sessions, plus some other stuffs which i really really appreciate a lot!

He is friendly, willing to share knowledge, and most important, he did it without expecting anything in return, which i wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU here! Thanks bro for the support most of the time when i needed help! He really live up to being "If we dont share or exchange knowledge we wont grow & understand. Be more open, Share & Learn." lol

Am actually a member in XP for quite sometime already but not been very active, until recently where i started my small online business named Ovation United (https://www.facebook.com/OvationUnited/), bringing AV gears to my friends. Some XPrians has already bought something from me already :), This is where my supporting pal here, plus another member which i did not catch his nick (sorry), urges me to be active all over again (which i am trying to :P) here in XP, and if able to, bring some awesome gears (like the AC Infinity Aircom T10) to the bros here.

So here i am, sharing my rigs, the purpose is for me to know more, learn more, understand more and more importantly know more good pals like djblackfm. Any comments, ideas, etc are all welcome. Be open, share, learn and have fun!

In response to Doggie Howser and about Marantz AV8805, well i was a AVR-X7200WA user for almost 4 years. which i personally think the 7200 was bright. I wasn't using Emotiva at that time, purely integrated AMP. The concept of separates intrigued me when i first saw djblackfm's setup last time and got poisoned. Lol... i was still using KEF R series at that time... and i've hence moved to Polk Audio since 6 months ago. Again thanks to my good pal, djblackfm haha.

In response to petetherock about Marantz AV8805 and emotiva, well... im more of an all rounder person, in both music and movies... plus, im also kind of oddball, you can say i like to try different combi, in order to know more and share with my pal... i have tried different pairing, Def Tech BP series with Mcintosh, Marantz Polk, Def Tech Demand Series with Denon etc etc... and majority of time sound reproduced are different lol..... i have not yet visit any of XPrians open house before and i most glad to be invited for one, if time allows of course... as i feel bad leaving my 2 young kids in care by my wife alone :P

As compared to 8805, i went full XLR connection this time instead of RCA from 7200...due to my smart home smart switches, XLR solved the static sound which caused by one of my smart switch, which of course am delighted. :)

Not comparing other AVRs apart from my 7200, in my opinion, the reproduction of the sound from 8805 is a little on the warm side which soothing to my ears now. The sound is accurate and clear (i guess it depends on source as well). With 8AK4490 32-bit stereo DACs across all channels, it doesn't lose out to my ES9028 DAC Raspberry Pie player either, just saying... I enjoyed movies and musics more than i enjoyed with 7200 now, maybe due to they are separates? or speaker change perhaps? In anyway, i enjoy more now than my previous rig, at least i don't feel fatigue when listening or watching movies long hours.

I am using 13.2 Auro 3D setup now, at times i will switch between Atmos, DTSX and Auro 3D using Atmos underlying format. Again, my personal opinion, i kind of liked Auro more, perhaps for the VOG. For Atmos listeners, it may sound otherwise though.. no choice, due to my speakers placement limitation, i guess it my best position. I did heed another XP bro's advice to bring my surround speakers higher by few inches, damn im glad i heed his advice and it sound whole lot nicer to me.

I guess i've typed long enough else you guys will start sleeping, but hey, i welcome this open house to XPrians here to share or exchange knowledge, and to grow, to understand, and to learn from each other. Comparison is inevitable i guess but lets all do it in a healthy way :) I just want to make more friends and learn more from you guys here heh heh.. Different listeners, different taste, different opinions...there is no best rigs or setup so to speak, more importantly is how the knowledge shared can make full use of our current rigs to maximize its potential 8)

PS: i still have my pair of KEF R700 around, hence we can really hear the difference between American designed Speakers VS England designed Speakers. For now, in order not to confuse on timing and availability, djblackfm will still be the POC, until the 1st 2 sessions are over, i will take over personally if i have the time. :)

Looking forward to my first sharing session with the bros here! ;)

Offline petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 13:31 »
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your system.. how big is your room?
Hope you are still having visitors next month.. cheers
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
http://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019/04/my-setup-42019.html

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 13:46 »
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your system.. how big is your room?
Hope you are still having visitors next month.. cheers

Hiiii,
Im staying in 5 room flat, the rigs are in my living room. I'm more available during Sundays noon between 2 to 4pm. After that i will be bringing my monsters to visit my parents. Hence 2 to 4 will be the best time, maybe stretch a little to 430pm.

I am also open for Friday evening between 7pm to 9pm this week. Occasionally Friday evening is good, more quiet...provided my kids dont clown around at home. :D

Next month first 2 weekends is doable, will be overseas thereafter :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 13:49 by winwinc81 »

Offline MFS_313

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 15:10 »
Dear XP bros,

djblackfm has been an extremely good pal of mine. Got to know him unexpectedly via carousell, and from there we hit it off to became very good friends!

This is actually my humble little home and djblackfm has been extremely helpful in assisting to coordinate these sessions, plus some other stuffs which i really really appreciate a lot!

He is friendly, willing to share knowledge, and most important, he did it without expecting anything in return, which i wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU here! Thanks bro for the support most of the time when i needed help! He really live up to being "If we dont share or exchange knowledge we wont grow & understand. Be more open, Share & Learn." lol

Am actually a member in XP for quite sometime already but not been very active, until recently where i started my small online business named Ovation United (https://www.facebook.com/OvationUnited/), bringing AV gears to my friends. Some XPrians has already bought something from me already :), This is where my supporting pal here, plus another member which i did not catch his nick (sorry), urges me to be active all over again (which i am trying to :P) here in XP, and if able to, bring some awesome gears (like the AC Infinity Aircom T10) to the bros here.

So here i am, sharing my rigs, the purpose is for me to know more, learn more, understand more and more importantly know more good pals like djblackfm. Any comments, ideas, etc are all welcome. Be open, share, learn and have fun!

In response to Doggie Howser and about Marantz AV8805, well i was a AVR-X7200WA user for almost 4 years. which i personally think the 7200 was bright. I wasn't using Emotiva at that time, purely integrated AMP. The concept of separates intrigued me when i first saw djblackfm's setup last time and got poisoned. Lol... i was still using KEF R series at that time... and i've hence moved to Polk Audio since 6 months ago. Again thanks to my good pal, djblackfm haha.

In response to petetherock about Marantz AV8805 and emotiva, well... im more of an all rounder person, in both music and movies... plus, im also kind of oddball, you can say i like to try different combi, in order to know more and share with my pal... i have tried different pairing, Def Tech BP series with Mcintosh, Marantz Polk, Def Tech Demand Series with Denon etc etc... and majority of time sound reproduced are different lol..... i have not yet visit any of XPrians open house before and i most glad to be invited for one, if time allows of course... as i feel bad leaving my 2 young kids in care by my wife alone

As compared to 8805, i went full XLR connection this time instead of RCA from 7200...due to my smart home smart switches, XLR solved the static sound which caused by one of my smart switch, which of course am delighted. :)

Not comparing other AVRs apart from my 7200, in my opinion, the reproduction of the sound from 8805 is a little on the warm side which soothing to my ears now. The sound is accurate and clear (i guess it depends on source as well). With 8AK4490 32-bit stereo DACs across all channels, it doesn't lose out to my ES9028 DAC Raspberry Pie player either, just saying... I enjoyed movies and musics more than i enjoyed with 7200 now, maybe due to they are separates? or speaker change perhaps? In anyway, i enjoy more now than my previous rig, at least i don't feel fatigue when listening or watching movies long hours.

I am using 13.2 Auro 3D setup now, at times i will switch between Atmos, DTSX and Auro 3D using Atmos underlying format. Again, my personal opinion, i kind of liked Auro more, perhaps for the VOG. For Atmos listeners, it may sound otherwise though.. no choice, due to my speakers placement limitation, i guess it my best position. I did heed another XP bro's advice to bring my surround speakers higher by few inches, damn im glad i heed his advice and it sound whole lot nicer to me.

I guess i've typed long enough else you guys will start sleeping, but hey, i welcome this open house to XPrians here to share or exchange knowledge, and to grow, to understand, and to learn from each other. Comparison is inevitable i guess but lets all do it in a healthy way :) I just want to make more friends and learn more from you guys here heh heh.. Different listeners, different taste, different opinions...there is no best rigs or setup so to speak, more importantly is how the knowledge shared can make full use of our current rigs to maximize its potential 8)

PS: i still have my pair of KEF R700 around, hence we can really hear the difference between American designed Speakers VS England designed Speakers. For now, in order not to confuse on timing and availability, djblackfm will still be the POC, until the 1st 2 sessions are over, i will take over personally if i have the time. :)

Looking forward to my first sharing session with the bros here! ;)
Hi bro winwin81,
Glad you intro yourself..
And I am much more gladful that i bought three T10s from you.. with your excellent after sales service responding immediately to my place when one of the adapter fails, i am sure you will make more frens here bro..
Btw, these T10s really helps my system.. my AVR remains cool after hours of movie play..
Hope to be able to join other bros to your rig one day when I am free.. (if my CEO allow.. lol..)
Thanks bro..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 16:16 »
Ah here you are. MSF_313.

Thank you for your encouragement to intro myself here  :)

Offline BadEnglish

• Int 0x19
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 16:32 »
Ah so the cave is winwinc81 ?

Offline MFS_313

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 16:43 »
Nice cave indeed! Envy... how i wish my CEO cld allow me to have such cave.. but pocket not deep enough.. lol..

Btw, thank you to you too bro winwin81..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk