Author Topic: XBOX ONE S/X THREAD  (Read 2231 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: XBOX ONE S/X THREAD
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2018, 07:46 »
Hmmm... I tried plugging a HDMI from another BluRay player to a newly bought S at my colleague place... It keeps showing some kind of error... Could it be the what HDCP protection going on, or does the system needs a update on the firmware to be compatible to another device?

U have to be specific with the error pop up msg. For HDCP 2.2, it only indicate to user that the HDMI cable is not HDCP 2.2 certified if you tried to play a 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc.

The Blu-ray player where the hdmi cable u swapped to test out the Xbox S console, is it a normal Blu-ray player or a true 4K player? If it is the former, then the cable unlikely HDCP 2.2 certified.

Use a different HDMI cable preferably one that comes with the Xbox S console, 4K TV (bundled with HDMI cables) or players (even media player) that is able to playback 4K content.

Again, what TV you are using and make sure you connect to the right HDMI inputs in the TV that supports 4K HDR 60fps etc. All these are important details that you left out in your post. Get back to us with more info before we can advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HT102

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: XBOX ONE S/X THREAD
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2018, 09:20 »
Hi, I am thinking of getting a Xbox One X to use primarily as a UHD player with my Sony ZF9.

I read that it had many issues in the past and some seems to have been fixed by firmware updates. Would appreciate any advice if it currently has any issue with the support Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision on the Blu-ray App?

Thanks!