Author Topic: Marvel Studios : Captain Marvel  (Read 3886 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Marvel Studios : Captain Marvel
« on: September 18, 2018, 21:38 »
waiting for this one next

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1BCujX3pw8&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1BCujX3pw8&fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 22:12 by ronildoq »

Offline Doggie Howser

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Marvel Studios : Captain Marvel
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 21:50 »
Naise
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 07:09 »
Looks good!  ;)

Embedded...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1BCujX3pw8&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1BCujX3pw8&fs=1</a>
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 08:13 »
Thanks Andrew, somehow struggling to get it embedded, just won’t work! Haha

Nice nice, looking forward to this one, spotted any Easter eggs in the trailer ?

Can see that she will be in her binary form with all those energy in her eyes , in a different costume from the first green one...

Looking forward to this one come 8th March 2019

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 07:25 »
Not to the level of Avengers or Black Panther, but certainly entertaining. :)

ps: Stay for the 2 post-credit scenes, one early, and one at the very end.
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline jonlee

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 09:36 »
Correct me if my childhood memory fails me ... how come Captain Marvel is a female in this movie?

Offline cstanxpl

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 10:55 »
Correct me if my childhood memory fails me ... how come Captain Marvel is a female in this movie?

The Captain Marvel (from DC comics) you remembered is now known as Shazam! (DC comics, may also be called Captain Thunder).

Due to DC forgot to renew the copyright for the name Captain Marvel some time ago, it was registered by Marvel comics.

So now Marvel use the name Captain Marvel for this character which was known as Ms Marvel then.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:59 by cstanxpl »
"With such collusions don't it make you wanna SCREAM?"

"Different folks !!! Different strokes !!!"

Offline jonlee

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 13:44 »
The Captain Marvel (from DC comics) you remembered is now known as Shazam! (DC comics, may also be called Captain Thunder).

Due to DC forgot to renew the copyright for the name Captain Marvel some time ago, it was registered by Marvel comics.

So now Marvel use the name Captain Marvel for this character which was known as Ms Marvel then.

I not so old to remember Shazam as the original Captain Marvel.  *LOL*

My childhood memory of Captain Marvel is the male character on the left.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 13:55 by jonlee »

Offline cstanxpl

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 13:53 »
I not so old to remember Shazam as the original Captain Marvel.  *LOL*

My childhood memory of Captain Marvel is the male character on the right.

Oh, he died and she took over that name according to the other stories I read.   :-[

Offline jonlee

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 13:58 »
Oh, he died and she took over that name according to the other stories I read.   :-[

That's what Wiki states as well, died in 1982 in the comics series.

Too poor to buy comics books when young.  All my memories of super heros are TV cartoons shown on Channel 5!

Offline cstanxpl

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 14:01 »
That's what Wiki states as well, died in 1982 in the comics series.

Too poor to buy comics books when young.  All my memories of super heros are TV cartoons shown on Channel 5!

Oh, most of my memories are actually from watching Youtube videos too.  :-[

Offline jerome_the_lang

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 19:48 »
Today's viewing strange occurrence...

In the same row we sitting came a group with 3 young "boys" wearing "priestly" type of brown robes. We assumed they were from a religious type of school and didn't think too much about it.

Half way through the movie (escaping from the Kree in the space lab) an old gentleman from the group got up to try to exit the row. He reached the steps and seem to have issues walking, so naturally I started watching him to see if he needed help getting down the steps.

Slowly he managed to reach the bottom, and seemed to have problems going forward. So I got up and went down there, and gently took his elbow to steady him. He asked me to step forward and put one foot in front of his foot nearer to me. After I did, he put his foot in front of my leg and asked me again to put another leg in front of him and he proceeded again to put the same foot ahead of my leg. How strange!

It was then that one of the boys from this group came over to help the old man. As I turned to go back to my seat, I overheard the boy addressing the old man as "father", and asking if he wanted to go toilet. The old man must have replied yes, but the boy said that they need to go up the steps instead. And strangely, the oldman didn't have any problem ascending up the steps! And they seem to come back pretty quickly!

No problem walking up steps but got problem walking on flat ground?

What kind of walking impairment required another person to place their leg in front of him, and then the oldman can step over the person's leg?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 19:50 by jerome_the_lang »

Offline pschia

• I love Cats !
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 20:55 »
Today's viewing strange occurrence...

In the same row we sitting came a group with 3 young "boys" wearing "priestly" type of brown robes. We assumed they were from a religious type of school and didn't think too much about it.

Half way through the movie (escaping from the Kree in the space lab) an old gentleman from the group got up to try to exit the row. He reached the steps and seem to have issues walking, so naturally I started watching him to see if he needed help getting down the steps.

Slowly he managed to reach the bottom, and seemed to have problems going forward. So I got up and went down there, and gently took his elbow to steady him. He asked me to step forward and put one foot in front of his foot nearer to me. After I did, he put his foot in front of my leg and asked me again to put another leg in front of him and he proceeded again to put the same foot ahead of my leg. How strange!

It was then that one of the boys from this group came over to help the old man. As I turned to go back to my seat, I overheard the boy addressing the old man as "father", and asking if he wanted to go toilet. The old man must have replied yes, but the boy said that they need to go up the steps instead. And strangely, the oldman didn't have any problem ascending up the steps! And they seem to come back pretty quickly!

No problem walking up steps but got problem walking on flat ground?

What kind of walking impairment required another person to place their leg in front of him, and then the oldman can step over the person's leg?

Now you need to watch that show all over again. That kind of incident will throw your concentration on the storyline out of the window. You will probably be wondering through out the rest of the movie what had just happened and could not pay your full attention to the movie after that.   ;)
All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all
Cecil Francis Alexander 1818-1895

Offline jerome_the_lang

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 23:58 »
Bring your children see this movie. Got cat....

Offline jerome_the_lang

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2019, 00:00 »
Now you need to watch that show all over again. That kind of incident will throw your concentration on the storyline out of the window. You will probably be wondering through out the rest of the movie what had just happened and could not pay your full attention to the movie after that.   ;)

The big question is - if that old man is a priest, why he brought his disciples see this "anti-god" movie?