Author Topic: Anyone using the new NAD AVRs? It has Dirac live!  (Read 5783 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Anyone using the new NAD AVRs? It has Dirac live!
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2019, 08:15 »
For the benefit of the NAD Dirac capable equipment Users , some queries I had on target curve, so sharing so everyone will benefit

When you get the room feel target curve, you could actually use the target curve to do many things

1. Altar the target curve to your preference . You can input these numbers onto the txt files and play around, here is one example of -8db target from 20-20khz. Do BECAREFUL when applying boost according to your sub capabilities

There is also something I wanted to highlight that there is actually a built in Digital High Pass / Low pass filter. See this

From the above , HPSLOPEON set to 1 will turn on the high pass filter. Next you can set at what frequency to high pass, example shows 40hz

You can then further set the slope, how steep the roll off, 2 means 6db octave, 4 = 12db octave, 8 = 18db octave and so on

For KK subs, you can go with a 12db octave slope, type 4 on HP order, you can also experiment with 24db octave slope

The same works for Low pass filter, set LPSLOPEON to 1 and it will turn on the Low pass digital filter. Set to 0 and no Low pass filter engaged

So here is what happens when HPSLOPEON set to 1, see how it cuts out the bass <40hz

See the green line, being cut off due to this simple tweak.

Enjoy !! Hope that helps all NAD users

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2019, 08:32 »
Here is the link to download a sample of the target curve file for use with Dirac

The below target is a customise target , .txt file.

It’s a hard knee straight line curve, generally good if you are using it with 15” , 18” subs that has good extension down Low.

Ideally the smaller the room, the steeper the curve, this curve works well in my hall, 6m x 8m x 2.4m, you might wanna try a slightly steeper or less steep curve, down to preference

Target for mains

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KNHE_woZRbk9a2l2QagQ8lqeAZGqdukm/view?usp=drivesdk

Target for subwoofer

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X7vtka-3Z5XNVwsAPBIrfK6Hd5SCAL7d/view?usp=drivesdk

Online ralfale

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2019, 10:50 »
Nice share again ! Especially on the digital filter which is not available from on screen menu.

NAD presents very good value for being the cheapest dirac avr on the market. Good for those wanting to try dirac without the hassle of 11 or 13 interconnects for linking up ddrc-88 (which can be quite costly on it's own).

Online Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2019, 09:43 »
Any NAD T777V3 user in the forum? And using full Dirac instead of the basic version in T777V3?

Offline YANG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2019, 14:45 »
Very... Not so economical ley...

Offline kaydee6

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2019, 15:18 »
Any NAD T777V3 user in the forum? And using full Dirac instead of the basic version in T777V3?

Dirac advocates full range correction so going to full Dirac makes sense.

Online Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2019, 15:20 »
Are you using the full version? I just purchased the full version a while ago. Probably got to spend some times figuring it out...will try out the calibration via the Dirac app.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2019, 15:24 »

+1...iirc the Dirac version in most AVR is a skimmed down version. Be aware.

Offline kaydee6

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2019, 15:28 »
Are you using the full version? I just purchased the full version a while ago. Probably got to spend some times figuring it out...will try out the calibration via the Dirac app.

I use Audyssey but I kept myself informed of the other room correction technologies :)

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2019, 08:46 »
I think we have seen the new version of Dirac on the NAD machines, seems like NAD always gets the updates fast...

Quick feedback from users confirms some nice improvements in sound quality...( not sure which aspect )

The main purpose of the upgrade though, as confirmed by Dirac, is to provide a uniform firmware platform for all other avr makers to follow, as we are seeing more avr adopting this room correction software. So it’s a great move, to standardise a uniform platform, less troubleshooting then for different hardware and design to work with Dirac

The new bass management module looks interesting, that should allow for multiple subs correction and new algorithm to improve the timing and impulses, interesting days ahead for Dirac users...

Offline ronildoq

Offline Norman_Chan

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2019, 15:23 »
Which shop is selling these NAD ?

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2019, 15:30 »
Which shop is selling these NAD ?

Earth Sound - drop by his shop now that Funan is open. Can make a trip to see the new Funan Mall.

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2019, 17:05 »
JD did a YT vid...looks pretty good...love the VU meters  :P
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.