Author Topic: Apple Event 12 Sept - new iPhones?  (Read 13383 times)

Online Knight_Rider

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Apple Event 12 Sept - new iPhones?
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2018, 08:52 »

Wow...the pricing is getting more and more ridiculous with each iterations.

and S$2,349 for the 512GB model.

:-\ :-\ :-\

$10K for a family of 4 hahaha wow.

Can buy 2 Note 9 soon  ;D

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2018, 09:03 »
Guys, don’t forget they are giving you the fastest chip, wireless charging, P68 and dual Sim, and most importantly an elite status which you can’t get from other phones :)

Offline kaydee6

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2018, 09:09 »
Guys, don’t forget they are giving you the fastest chip, wireless charging, P68 and dual Sim, and most importantly an elite status which you can’t get from other phones :)

Yup, the same analogy with buying a $2k amplifier vs ones who spend $10k. Between those who buy a $5k 4K projector and those who spend $25K on the JVC.

Offline Jagdpanzer

• HT & Audio
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2018, 09:10 »
It's targeting at Chinese Market. A status symbol never mind even if the specs lose out to some high specs Andriod phones. It's like comparing FM Acoustic amp and Emotiva amp.

But frankly, after using various Oneplus, Samsung Note 8, I still find iPhone a good phone. It is intuitive and does not crash easily when reading PDFs and Straits Times app and the firmware update is consistent.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 20:07 by Jagdpanzer »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2018, 09:15 »
It used to be spending more than $1k becomes a taboo for a smartphone a few years back... But now, a smartphone with no change in software as in iOS (literally since its inception almost 2 decades ago) but with incremental improvements made to taking better selfies, battery life of say between half and hour to 1hr + (without telling u the actual battery capacity) and top it up with a bigger screen to boot plus my favorite design of the year (the notch for Face ID as the best and only solution to secure your phone and make purchases as opposed to other forms of biometric feature like fingerprint)... iPhone has now ascend from an essential item to a luxurious piece of handheld "jewelery". This is not ranting but merely stating the way iPhone paved the way for smartphone industry and how it impacted us. I have to say it bluntly that we are part of the equation that leads to such preposterous pricing within a short span of 2 to 3 yrs... No matter what Apple churn out, we deemed it to be the best smartphone that anyone can ask for even though deep down we as consumers know very well that the price to feature and performance rarely make it justifiable... But we still choose to do it nonetheless.

We have to accept that this will probably be the trend from henceforth.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:17 by desray »

Offline redryder

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2018, 09:21 »
I switched to the Note 8 when it came out because I was tired of Apple. Android is not perfect either, I am plagued by battery life issues and it takes more work to tweak the system. But at least it feels more fresh and I still have my precious headphone jack.

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2018, 10:19 »
Now the Tai Tai's and the Towkays' will be very happy to show off their 2K iPhone's

Sexy8

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2018, 11:23 »
Over here in Tasmania, many of the Chinese students are carrying the latest iPhones while locals and uncles like me all using cheap Android phones.

So yeah, there's definitely a market. These people will still find it cheap.
And $2.4k will just make it more exclusive.

Online Knight_Rider

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2018, 12:37 »
A few uncles including me all using android

Offline plasmasiao

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2018, 13:29 »
I have been using iPhone all these years, liked the walled garden concept, ease of use, peace of mind, what not to like?...until now that is,
the price has really turned me off, over 2K for a phone!
I am ready to change, or forced to change... >:(

Online Knight_Rider

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2018, 14:09 »
I am guessing Mate 20 will be selling like hot cakes. 😋

Offline kaydee6

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2018, 14:09 »
I have used iphone, jumped to Android and back to iphone. The impression back to iphone is how come the interface so smooth and the same apps run stable and fast. Not looking at Android phones after the experience.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 14:11 by kaydee6 »

Online Knight_Rider

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2018, 14:35 »
Games always hang and the lag makes it a lousy experience. All gamers have switch over. Different launcher and UI makes it smoother and faster. Need some basic housekeeping too. Which android phone you used?

Offline queks

• Global Moderator
  • XtremePlace.Com Forever!
    • XtremePlace
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2018, 16:17 »
I switch over to iPhone many years ago due to security too. Having too many apps that deals with credit card info and bank acct makes me think twice before going back to android.
Coming from a iPhone X user, there are no push factor to upgrade to Xs model. Will wait for another cycle for iPhone 11 to launch.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 16:19 by queks »
*** XtremePlace ! Don't leave home without it ! ***