Author Topic: Pioneer 4K player coming  (Read 10515 times)

Offline ngsk

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pioneer 4K player coming
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2018, 07:47 »
Some quote from the 2nd link I posted yesterday:

"Pioneer looks ready to unveil the UDP-LX800 , its second Ultra HD Blu-ray player . This model, already anticipated in the images on the Japanese site (where it appears covered by a blue cloth), will soon arrive and will support UDP-LX500 , the reader presented recently. LX800 will position itself on an upper band (a bit like the Oppo 205 ) and will share some of the features present on the LX500.

The chassis is always divided into three blocks with the optical reader positioned in the middle, so as to obtain the best possible balance. The reading mechanics is universal and can therefore play Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray 2D and 3D, DVD, DVD Audio , SACD and CD. The equipment includes two HDMI outputs (one dedicated to audio) and support for HDR10 and Dolby Vision . Compared to the LX500, the 7.1 analog outputs are added and the possibility of using the LX800 as a USB DAC . The digital-analog conversion would seem to be entrusted to a double Saber ES9026PRO DAC (on this point we are still waiting for confirmations)."

If the above is true it does have 7.1 analog out n have 2 dac chips.
As for the multi-ch sacd part the standard was set by SONY no EQ,bass management or what ever if u're going to play dsd file without convert it to lpcm,one will have to have 5 same full range spks positioned equal distant to the mlp further more some of them are actually 5.0 instant of 5.1ch with the .1ch bass mix into the other 5 channels. More info can be found here if interested: https://bobpariseau.com/blog/2018/7/18/understanding-dsd-to-lpcm-conversion-or-sacd-noise-shaping-for-fun-profit?rq=sacd
Convert multi-ch dsd to lpcm with some simple bass management let the subs handle the bass make them sound better than the stereo version but also depend on the recording/mastering some of them are just up mixed from the stereo version which don't sound good.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:03 by ngsk »

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2018, 08:22 »
At the price like that... Panasonic's UB9000 will be the most budget friendly highend make around to hit on Pioneer's shoulder lo...

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2018, 09:01 »
Compared to the LX500, the 7.1 analog outputs are added and the possibility of using the LX800 as a USB DAC . The digital-analog conversion would seem to be entrusted to a double Saber ES9026PRO DAC (on this point we are still waiting for confirmations)." <--- ;D

There you go Audio. Will this suffice to challenge 205? superior or not... we shall see.  ;)
i do not use the analogs. but the USB DAC option is a welcome surprise. i can get this and sell my DSD DAC. shoikahmama.  :D
ProJect Q.

Offline ngsk

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2018, 09:19 »
At the price like that... Panasonic's UB9000 will be the most budget friendly highend make around to hit on Pioneer's shoulder lo...

But the UB9000 is almost confirm can't play sacd & dvd-audio,disc or media file if u care.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2018, 10:51 »
Ooh. Preproduction Pioneer UDP LX500 universal player. Firing it up in a few minutes. #bestjobintheworld.

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2018, 10:57 »
Compared to the LX500, the 7.1 analog outputs are added and the possibility of using the LX800 as a USB DAC . The digital-analog conversion would seem to be entrusted to a double Saber ES9026PRO DAC (on this point we are still waiting for confirmations)." <--- ;D

There you go Audio. Will this suffice to challenge 205? superior or not... we shall see.  ;)
i do not use the analogs. but the USB DAC option is a welcome surprise. i can get this and sell my DSD DAC. shoikahmama.  :D

9026 is very very very far cry from the 9038Pro used in the 205. Don’t know why Yamaha still dicking around with the old chipset for their flagship 5200AVP. Just go with the 9038 already.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2018, 11:05 »

Here’s the rear.

And the front.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline DJQ

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2018, 13:20 »
Damn DH. awaiting your reviews... so many gadgets for you to play with.  8)
ProJect Q.

Offline kelvinsin

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2018, 13:37 »
With your LX89 I am sure it will. When I previously had matching Pioneer AVR with the Blu ray player. PQLS was the one that made the difference.

Yes, i paired lx89 with bdp-lx55 also has significant improvement
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6LCR, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Velodyne SPL800i, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P
Stereo: Auralic Altair, Music Fidelity M6i

Offline malsound

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2018, 20:16 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wfzl3D740-U&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Wfzl3D740-U&fs=1</a>

Offline malsound

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2018, 20:18 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YFtD2mSPgZw&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YFtD2mSPgZw&fs=1</a>

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2018, 08:43 »
Just hooked this up to the Audio Research LS28/VT80SE/Amati Tradition system and the Pioneer LX500 doesn't let its side down. I still prefer the Naim Uniti as a digital source but then, I preferred the Naim Uniti to the Oppo 205 too in that same system. I don't have the Oppo 205 in that system now - but from memory, I would have to give this round to the LX500. I always preferred the AKM449x sound to Sabre32s. The Oppo 205's Sabre9038 has stepped up the game but the AKM just feels right. There's a bite to the transients - closer to the Naim - with the Pioneer.

More videos on the Brisbane Hi Fi page. That transport is a thing of beauty. And it's substantial too. 10kg - same as the 205.

I do wish Pioneer had implemented some of the 205's features. The ability to function as a Roon end point (albeit without DSD/MQA support when used as a Roon network endpoint) makes perfect use of the 205's high quality DACs. Seems a waste not to do that with the Pioneer.

Now I need to get off my arse and connect it to the Loewe OLEDs to see how they handle Dolby Vision
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline DJQ

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2018, 08:52 »
I do believe the upcoming higher end model LX800 would be able to do what you ask...
ProJect Q.

Offline Vinylfan

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2018, 11:52 »
Just hooked this up to the Audio Research LS28/VT80SE/Amati Tradition system and the Pioneer LX500 doesn't let its side down. I still prefer the Naim Uniti as a digital source but then, I preferred the Naim Uniti to the Oppo 205 too in that same system. I don't have the Oppo 205 in that system now - but from memory, I would have to give this round to the LX500. I always preferred the AKM449x sound to Sabre32s. The Oppo 205's Sabre9038 has stepped up the game but the AKM just feels right. There's a bite to the transients - closer to the Naim - with the Pioneer.

More videos on the Brisbane Hi Fi page. That transport is a thing of beauty. And it's substantial too. 10kg - same as the 205.

I do wish Pioneer had implemented some of the 205's features. The ability to function as a Roon end point (albeit without DSD/MQA support when used as a Roon network endpoint) makes perfect use of the 205's high quality DACs. Seems a waste not to do that with the Pioneer.

Now I need to get off my arse and connect it to the Loewe OLEDs to see how they handle Dolby Vision
Sounds very promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2018, 19:55 »
Plugging it into the home Sony 760ES yields a picture not worse or better than the Oppo 203 I have in the system.

Black Panther’s black crush washed out picture remaining pretty much the same.

And there are no tone mapping HDR-> SDR mapping algorithms like on the Oppo or the Panasonic.

The Panasonic UB820 imho outperforms both for Low luminance projectors.
End of Line - Derezzed