Author Topic: Pioneer 4K player coming  (Read 10516 times)

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
Re: Pioneer 4K player coming
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 12:04 »
Your $2,000 Apple iPhone X also MIC you know.

(Audio)
precisely why i dun buy apple anymore. i am on Samsung.
ProJect Q.

Offline DJQ

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 12:06 »
See internal for what?  See external, without the XLR lose big time already!!   Where are the 7.1 outputs??

(Audio)
minority use those 7.1 outputs lah. haha.
ProJect Q.

Offline YANG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 12:38 »
WahLauEhh... I'm that minority... :D

Offline DJQ

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 13:08 »
hahaha. Oops. You are safe. This pioneer not for you.
ProJect Q.

Offline Vinylfan

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 13:28 »
See internal for what?  See external, without the XLR lose big time already!!   Where are the 7.1 outputs??

(Audio)
Newbie here. Why is the XLR and 7.1 outputs important? Don’t people use HDMI ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 13:38 »
Newbie here. Why is the XLR and 7.1 outputs important? Don’t people use HDMI ?

When you play CD or SACD....or even stream PCM and DSD over the network, you will use these XLR to your Staero pre-amp and Mono-locks.  You will avoid the HDMI unless you are playing movies.

Also, if you have a DSD multichannel file (Multichannel audio of the SACD), you can now stream it to your Oppo and then extract the pure 7,.1 channels into your HI Fi.  Why not use the AVP or AVR DAC?  You may ask....because the Oppo 205 DACs are more superior.

Also, you are not a newie.  LOL.

(Audio)

Offline Vinylfan

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 14:27 »
When you play CD or SACD....or even stream PCM and DSD over the network, you will use these XLR to your Staero pre-amp and Mono-locks.  You will avoid the HDMI unless you are playing movies.

Also, if you have a DSD multichannel file (Multichannel audio of the SACD), you can now stream it to your Oppo and then extract the pure 7,.1 channels into your HI Fi.  Why not use the AVP or AVR DAC?  You may ask....because the Oppo 205 DACs are more superior.

(Audio)
Thank you Audio for the explanation.

Offline ngsk

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2018, 14:46 »

(Audio)

+1
Looks like the player under the cloth is LX800: https://jp.pioneer-audiovisual.com/bdlx/
https://altadefinizione.hdblog.it/2018/09/10/pioneer-udp-lx800-lettore-ultra-hd-blu-ray/
https://www.thomas-electronic-online-shop.de/epages/64214473.mobile/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64214473/Products/Pio_11_UDP-LX800_schwarz&Locale=de_DE
@2K+ euros let see what it offer when the actual specs are out.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 15:12 by ngsk »

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2018, 14:54 »
Ooh I’m getting a preproduction unit tomorrow but only for a few hours. I’m begging I’ll get to test it at home but so far the answer is nada
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2018, 15:18 »
majority of the money goes to... the weight!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YFtD2mSPgZw&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YFtD2mSPgZw&fs=1</a>

Offline DJQ

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2018, 17:25 »

(Audio)
different people different toughts.
When i play CDs. i put it into my Plinius CD-101 yes XLR output to my Pre power setup.
When i play SACDs. Previously i use the Marantz/Denon with SACD playback. Sold them away. the gains of SACD playback no longer interests me.
for the longest time i use to advocate DSD multichannel playback, still its a very small group to share that SACD with Multichannel can be as good as a Stereo version.
i cannot justify spending AVP and multi channel amps with so many XLR cables. thats just me i guess.

ProJect Q.

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2018, 17:27 »
hahaha. Oops. You are safe. This pioneer not for you.
That's why i'm still stretching my neck long long for the PANASONIC UB820... KNS!!! Take so long to come meh?!!

Offline DJQ

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2018, 17:29 »
+1
Looks like the player under the cloth is LX800: https://jp.pioneer-audiovisual.com/bdlx/
https://altadefinizione.hdblog.it/2018/09/10/pioneer-udp-lx800-lettore-ultra-hd-blu-ray/
https://www.thomas-electronic-online-shop.de/epages/64214473.mobile/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64214473/Products/Pio_11_UDP-LX800_schwarz&Locale=de_DE
@2K+ euros let see what it offer when the actual specs are out.
maybe this is the one with all those analog 7.1 and XLR output that everyone wants. so we have a 205 replacement. heheh.
ProJect Q.

Offline kelvinsin

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2018, 18:58 »
different people different toughts.
When i play CDs. i put it into my Plinius CD-101 yes XLR output to my Pre power setup.
When i play SACDs. Previously i use the Marantz/Denon with SACD playback. Sold them away. the gains of SACD playback no longer interests me.
for the longest time i use to advocate DSD multichannel playback, still its a very small group to share that SACD with Multichannel can be as good as a Stereo version.
i cannot justify spending AVP and multi channel amps with so many XLR cables. thats just me i guess.

+1.
My 203 also sacrifice the analogue part and use the pins for internal LPS circuit board power usage. Its useless features for me compare with importance of PQ And SQ.
I might sell away my 203 if lx500 jb is available, as current reviews PQLS on lx500 is greatly improves SQ when paired with pioneer AVR.
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6LCR, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Velodyne SPL800i, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P
Stereo: Auralic Altair, Music Fidelity M6i

Offline DJQ

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2018, 23:09 »
With your LX89 I am sure it will. When I previously had matching Pioneer AVR with the Blu ray player. PQLS was the one that made the difference.
ProJect Q.